What Do You Think ???

I've been reading a bunch about our 7th rounder Jasper , he was 440 lbs in college & our scout who Jasper references as a brother told him he needed to lose weight so he has got down to 370 lbs .

His college coach said (when he was 440 lbs) "he had never seen a big man as athletic as Jasper , his legs are like tree trunks ,he could dunk a B Ball flat footed , has great foot work ,& ran a 5.48 - 40 @ 440 lbs " Can you say Ted Washington ??

I'm just doing a little dreaming , they say that Troupe had to gain weight to play NT and had to work on his strength & foot work . What if !!

Williams -- Jasper -- Dareus

305 ------- 370 -------320

We'd be beastin' on the DL. I was just watching a little bit of Dareus highlights...he was driving the Fl. center Pouncey backwards with authority. It this Jasper fella can keep his weight manageable and he's as strong and athletic as they say he is...wow. We'd have a DL that would be feared and not laughed at.

Edited by cantankerous

I think I'll be happy with using a 7th round pick on Jasper if he shows enough promise to make the practice squad his first year. I don't expect his skills to be refined enough his first year where he will contribute on a regular basis, much less meet the lofty expectations being posted by a few on this board. I also think this has been an awfully long off-season with the lockout, things being tied up in court and no free agency to talk about. I am thankful we had a good draft this year to help tied us over. With nothing else going on and no movement in the labor talks, I can understand the desire to want to fantasize about a 7th rounder being our savior at NT. I just hope to hell things get settled soon and we can open camp with a few needed free agents to visulize as future all pros at positions of need.

I think I'll be happy with using a 7th round pick on Jasper if he shows enough promise to make the practice squad his first year. I don't expect his skills to be refined enough his first year where he will contribute on a regular basis, much less meet the lofty expectations being posted by a few on this board. I also think this has been an awfully long off-season with the lockout, things being tied up in court and no free agency to talk about. I am thankful we had a good draft this year to help tied us over. With nothing else going on and no movement in the labor talks, I can understand the desire to want to fantasize about a 7th rounder being our savior at NT. I just hope to hell things get settled soon and we can open camp with a few needed free agents to visulize as future all pros at positions of need.

It's pretty apparent you've not read much about this kid & with the sheer fact that Torell Troupe has had to gain weight just to play the position & work out just to build strength .

This kid the strength , foot work , speed & size are all ready there couple that with the guys work ethic & the fact that if you put him on the practice squad either the Jets or Pats will steal him .

This kid is another Ted Washington or Pat Williams i just hope we don't lose him to gain a roster spot for say 4th QB that would be a waste.

I've been reading a bunch about our 7th rounder Jasper , he was 440 lbs in college & our scout who Jasper references as a brother told him he needed to lose weight so he has got down to 370 lbs .

His college coach said (when he was 440 lbs) "he had never seen a big man as athletic as Jasper , his legs are like tree trunks ,he could dunk a B Ball flat footed , has great foot work ,& ran a 5.48 - 40 @ 440 lbs " Can you say Ted Washington ??

I'm just doing a little dreaming , they say that Troupe had to gain weight to play NT and had to work on his strength & foot work . What if !!

Jasper has the chance to be a gamer in our D his size and IF its true that he is that athletic at that size would make him a real steal.

As much as I would like to see it happen too Williams will not play DE he does not have the makeup of a DE he is a great DT but DE and DT are totally different

I was just watching a little bit of Dareus highlights...he was driving the Fl. center Pouncey backwards with authority.

. . . which is one reason I was happy to see Miami take Pouncey in the first round. I think he's overrated. He's not his brother. But as a #1 choice he'll play. Advantage: Bills. (And the rest of the AFC East too.)

Jasper has the chance to be a gamer in our D his size and IF its true that he is that athletic at that size would make him a real steal.

As much as I would like to see it happen too Williams will not play DE he does not have the makeup of a DE he is a great DT but DE and DT are totally different

They said he was to small to be a NT too !! WRONG PRO BOWL !!!!!!

:thumbsup:

I think I'll be happy with using a 7th round pick on Jasper if he shows enough promise to make the practice squad his first year.

I don't think we'll be able to stash this one on the practice squad, unless he looks incredibly awkward on the field.

I wonder why he isn't at the practice in B'lo - could it be a $$ issue?

I don't think we'll be able to stash this one on the practice squad, unless he looks incredibly awkward on the field.

Yeah, people keep saying Jasper to the practice squad but I'm guessing that won't happen.

If he shows any promise at all I think they'll carry him… and a big part of the reason I believe this is because it's very likely that rosters will be expanded in the new CBA to increase the number of jobs and to allow teams to hold onto developmental players.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Jasper is a work in progress. He hasn't really played NT and his football experience is with small college competition. I like him and I like his potential but I don't see him being much of a factor in his first year, especially without OTA's and/or training camp. He needs all the reps he can get and he needs them badly.

Jasper is a work in progress. He hasn't really played NT and his football experience is with small college competition. I like him and I like his potential but I don't see him being much of a factor in his first year, especially without OTA's and/or training camp. He needs all the reps he can get and he needs them badly.

This!

It will be NICE if he can produce, but I wouldnt get my hopes up for a 7th round pick (would have been a UDFA if there was FA) from Bethel University.

A lot of people are crowning this kid and he's never even played a down of COMPETITIVE football.

I totally agree. Right now he is projected as nothing more than a training camp body to push around (gonna take some pushing though). If he even turns into a situational player a few years down the road, it would be a pleasant surprise seeing as to where he was drafted and the fact that he wasn't even on anyone else's draft board from what I have read.

The Jasper love is down right ridiculous. Come on people. Its actually embarrassing. He wont even make the roster. Maybe after a year or 2 on the practice squad this guy will be able to contribute.

Nothing wrong with being hopeful. Thanks for your insight Dickstradamous.