NY26 just went to the Dems

All depends. This election was about the issues. If there was no third candidate, is it for certain the votes would have gone to the right?

Based on evidence of past elections, yeah pretty certain.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of demonizing each other over issues, they should be working towards a solution and ignoring the wingnute. Ah, America.....land where people are lazy and do the easy thing......

Not the "easy and lazy" thing, but the thing that has the highest correlation to getting them re-elected.

They are? Is that why the Dem votes came in pretty much in line with past results?

Of course they did, this election was more about pulling the independent vote and maybe some republicans. Bottom line is that Medicare is a huge issue.

All depends. This election was about the issues. If there was no third candidate, is it for certain the votes would have gone to the right?

Awfully weak argument coming from the side that's been equating the Tea Party and the Republicans for a couple years now.

Awfully weak argument coming from the side that's been equating the Tea Party and the Republicans for a couple years now.

Weak argument in a pbills' post?

Knock me over with a maybin.

The Tea Party is really nothing more than Republican Light. Funny thing is that the Medicare issue will push some people away from voting for their Republican Party.

Of course they did, this election was more about pulling the independent vote and maybe some republicans. Bottom line is that Medicare is a huge issue.

Can you point out the historical data you're comparing this election with to formulate this conclusion?

Thanks.

Can you point out the historical data you're comparing this election with to formulate this conclusion?

Thanks.

This district has always gone to the Right. There is no debating that. Are you saying that an issue can't drive voters to vote against their normal party?

This district has always gone to the Right. There is no debating that. Are you saying that an issue can't drive voters to vote against their normal party?

No, I'm saying you need a helluva lot more of information than "this district has always gone to the Right" to arrive at "this election was about the Democrats winning independents and some defections".

Both sides are going to have to give on their issues. The left will have to allow Social Security to return to its original state- by moving the age up 10-15 years. The right will have to accept less spending on the military and tax cuts.

Much of our future spending will have to be redirected to infrastructure- as we will deteriorate into less than a third word country if we don't do something soon.

Show me this politician, and I will show you someone who America is too dumb to elect.......

No, I'm saying you need a helluva lot more of information than "this district has always gone to the Right" to arrive at "this election was about the Democrats winning independents and some defections".

Well, we may never have that data. However, there is some logic that you can apply. I don't know if the Democrats "won independents and some defections", but either more Democrats came out to vote, for some reason (in an area where there are many more registered Repbulicans than Democrats), some Republicans and Independents voted Democrat, or both...it seems pretty logical to assume this abberation in the area politics occurred for some reason. To deny that the Ryan Plan/Medicare issue was a big factor, as Republicans were doing all day, yesterday, is kind of ludicrous.

Sticking out my tongue and saying AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA like pBullethead.

Don't you have to anesthetize some poor medicaid recipients or something so they won't feel their pain and your government checks keep flowing? Amazing that you spend so much time here pontificating on the evils of private enterprise when there's so much suffering to attend to and government money to collect.

if i'm pontificating, then are you mullah-ing?

Any person following this election knows it was about the Medicare and people voting for the party that best represents their personal beliefs. Democrats won.

Sticking out my tongue and saying AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA like pBullethead.

Don't you have to anesthetize some poor medicaid recipients or something so they won't feel their pain and your government checks keep flowing? Amazing that you spend so much time here pontificating on the evils of private enterprise when there's so much suffering to attend to and government money to collect.

Where is the post demonizing private enterprise?

Most likely all the old people got their asses out of their rockers to vote Dem while most of the others stayed home. Kind of like how it goes every year with our town budget (which leads to school programs being cut, while welfare for the poor and old are kept). Thankfully this year after the budget failed, we were able to re-vote and it passed (and thus there will be no school cuts this year).