Favorite story in a comedy movie?

Definitely Big Lebowski.

Close to the top: Dr. Strangelove, Dazed and Confused.

You stole my Dr. Strangelove. I would add Raising Arizona

Edited by Dante

I'm confused. What do you mean by favorite story in a comedy movie?

So far people are listing their favorite comedy movies. Is that what you meant?

Or did you mean our favorite story that takes place in a comedy movie?

I'm confused. What do you mean by favorite story in a comedy movie?

So far people are listing their favorite comedy movies. Is that what you meant?

Or did you mean our favorite story that takes place in a comedy movie?

I assumed he meant best plot. Not sure though.

Sorry for the vague topic or lack of description, I know it probably sounds confusing. I think maybe people are missing the point when I saw somebody list Dazed and Confused because as much as I love that movie it doesn't really have much of a story at all lol, its just a day in the life kind of movie. I do not mean what is your favorite comedy movie because I have tons of favorites I love that I wouldn't include in this. I mean what is your favorite story itself that is being told in a comedy movie. The two movies I referenced(Dumb and Dumber, Big Lebowski)inspired this thread idea. Outside of the actual jokes and gags in those movies both have cool stories that are far-fetched yes but still to a degree not entirely unrealistic. I love how Dumb and Dumber took a couple of pathetic losers from Rhode Island and got them involved in a scam/crime involving a rich family from Colorado and took them on a road trip across country. When watching with friends over the years I have always said that even if you took the slapstick/comedy element out of the movie it would still be an awesome plot. I know its a random, kind of out there topic but I also asked this question on another board and got a ton of replies, its a fun topic IMO.

Sorry for the vague topic or lack of description, I know it probably sounds confusing. I think maybe people are missing the point when I saw somebody list Dazed and Confused because as much as I love that movie it doesn't really have much of a story at all lol, its just a day in the life kind of movie. I do not mean what is your favorite comedy movie because I have tons of favorites I love that I wouldn't include in this. I mean what is your favorite story itself that is being told in a comedy movie. The two movies I referenced(Dumb and Dumber, Big Lebowski)inspired this thread idea. Outside of the actual jokes and gags in those movies both have cool stories that are far-fetched yes but still to a degree not entirely unrealistic. I love how Dumb and Dumber took a couple of pathetic losers from Rhode Island and got them involved in a scam/crime involving a rich family from Colorado and took them on a road trip across country. When watching with friends over the years I have always said that even if you took the slapstick/comedy element out of the movie it would still be an awesome plot. I know its a random, kind of out there topic but I also asked this question on another board and got a ton of replies, its a fun topic IMO.

It doesn't say "best story" it says "favorite story" and I love the storyline of Dazed and Confused. A bunch of high school friends enjoying one of the last days of school before summer. It's fun, comedic, enjoyable, and has some of the best characters.

Based on this description, "me, myself, and irene" and the one movie where matt damon and greg kinnear are conjoined twins...

It doesn't say "best story" it says "favorite story" and I love the storyline of Dazed and Confused. A bunch of high school friends enjoying one of the last days of school before summer. It's fun, comedic, enjoyable, and has some of the best characters.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion so I wasn't disagreeing with you. I was just pointing out how that movie is well known for being more of a documentary or anthem for a way of life than for having much of a story. In no way am I hating on Dazed and Confused though, I think that is what makes it such a special movie....say man got a joint?