No NFL? What are your options?

I'll wait until August rolls around before I actually start to think that there will be no NFL season.

I can't see Jerry Jones letting that huge new stadium he just built sit there empty, by the same token I can't see the players actually going without a paycheck. One or the other will cave...

So if there really is no NFL season (which I highly doubt) I'll watch more college ball.

If the lockout persists I'd keep an eye on the UFL, expect lots of free agents to go there improving the overall level of play in the UFL. CFL, meh the rules simply are bleh, but then again if it's within reach of attending I'd seriously consider going there just for breathing the atmosphere. NCAA, love the atmosphere, level of play is just too low for my liking.

I'll wait until August rolls around before I actually start to think that there will be no NFL season.

I can't see Jerry Jones letting that huge new stadium he just built sit there empty, by the same token I can't see the players actually going without a paycheck. One or the other will cave...

So if there really is no NFL season (which I highly doubt) I'll watch more college ball.

I'd really like to believe this. I think it's one of two things...

One (or maybe both) side(s) of the fence will panic when they realize they'll be without their million/billion-dollar revenues/paychecks, hence they'll cave to the other side and we have a season.

OR

Both sides will continue their stubborn/spoiled brat personalities, thinking that they can't possibly be wrong. We'll get to October and all realize there won't be a season.

Either way, both sides will continue to act like immature children.

It's looking pretty bad for the NFL this year so what will you do when you need that football fix? There are several options.

The UFL: Mostly a TV option for those of us who do not live near one of their 5 teams. (Hartford, Las Vegas, Norfolk, Sacremento, Omaha) Their season has not been released but is expected to begin the second week of August.

College Football: Plenty to choose from but let's discuss WNY options. Obviously the UB Bulls are one choice but they were horrible last year and I don't expect them to get much better this year. Still it's close, cheap, and they allow tailgating on campus. Home opener is 9/10/11. They host UCONN 9/24/11. UB Schedule.

Syracuse is just 2 hours away, and don't forget Buffalo State and ECC also play.

CFL: We joke about the CFL but we may get desperate enough to go to a game. I went to Hamilton last season and had a good time. In fact the best part of Ti-cats games, if you are a Bills old-timer, is how much going to Ivor Wynne Stadium reminds you of going to War Memorial Stadium in the 60's. In fact the CFL season starts in just 3 weeks! Hamilton Ti-Cats schedule. Toronto Argonauts schedule.

PTR

If there is no football this fall, me personally, I am going out and rob some banks, shoot some people, etc. just so the people on this board who defended Ray Lewis can feel good about their dumb remarks. Honestly though, not sure what I would do, but would probably have the nicest looking yard and house in neighborhood. Most likely will attend a few UFL games since I am down by Norfolk, whether there is NFL or not, since this area will never have a major league team in any sport.

Edited by billsfreak

I hope your right, but the Cowboys are probably 10% of the events in that stadium at the most. Jerry Jones schedules everything you can imagine in that building from championship boxing to college football to basketball to non sport stuff.