Big Pat Willams...

If there could be one signing I would push for on defense...along with resigning Poz...it would be getting Big Pat back in a Bills jersey to finish out his career..

Imagine him mostly being signed as a rotating DT, but used more as a vocal leader to inspire our D-line...of course he is a little older and could cost us 2-5 million....but, what a bad*** veteran/ former Bill who could assit in the trenches and work with our younger players.

With Dareus, Kyle, Edwards, Troupe, Jasper... etc...etc...I wouldn't mind making a push for Big Pat to finish out his career...He was a vocal leader on this team and a blessing for his help in this great community!

We were all hurt when this organization went in a different direction...

Overall, this probably might not happen, but this signing could ignite the passion in our core of young talent and this organization--to enjoy and inspire winning again!

If this were to happen...I would purchase a Pat Williams jersey in a heart beat...he might not be the player he once was--but it's his Big heart and his success story of being undrafted to being one of the feared DT's in the game!

End The Lockout...Go Bills!

Edited by KollegeStudnet

If there could be one signing I would push for on defense...along with resigning Poz...it would be getting Big Pat back in a Bills jersey to finish out his career..

With Dareus, Kyle, Edwards, Troupe, Jasper... etc...etc...I wouldn't mind making a push for Big Pat to finish out his career...He was a vocal leader on this team and a blessing for his help in the community of this great city!

We were all hurt when this organization went in a different direction...

Imagine him mostly being signed as a rotating DT, but used more as a vocal leader to inspire our D-line...of course he is a little older and could cost us 2-5 million....but, what a bad*** veteran/ former Bill who could assit in the trenches ans work with our younger players...

Overall, this probably might not happen, but this signing could ignite the passion in our core of young talent and this organization--to enjoy and inspire winning again!

I would purchase a Pat Williams jersey in a heart beat...he might not be the player he once was--but it's his Big heart and his success story of being undrafted to being one of the feared DT's in the game!

End The Lockout...Go Bills!

It would be a feel-good type of story if Pat came back , but in all reality , he would hurt us in terms of taking away valuable playing time from our young d-line.

I just see so much of him in Jasper. I really want that kid to be great.

On your point, I loved Big Pat. One of my favorite all time Bills. But with a completely different regime I don't see us picking him up. I actually think were very heavy on the Dli e now.

Dareus

Troup

Williams

McCargo

Kelsey

Carrington

Jasper

I know I'm missing someone more too.

On your point, I loved Big Pat. One of my favorite all time Bills. But with a completely different regime I don't see us picking him up. I actually think were very heavy on the Dli e now.

Dareus

Troup

Williams

McCargo <_<

Kelsey

Carrington

Jasper

FIXED

Dareus

Troup

Williams

McCargo

Kelsey

Carrington

Jasper

McCargo is as good as gone and Kelsay is an OLB, so there are 7. Dareus, Williams, Troup, Carrington, Edwards, Johnson and Jasper. Probably keep 6 with Jasper on PS.

Hell Yes I would bring in Big Pat. The guy can function well in a 3-4 (He played in one during his early Bills days).

The current D-line roster looks like

DE's Edwards, Carrington, and Darues with McCargo and Spencer Johnson on the bubble

DT's Kyle Williams and Troup and Jasper on the bubble.

Now I would rather have Kyle Williams play both DE and DT in a 3-4. Put Big Pat as a 4-3 look DT and as a spot NT in the 3-4.

Give me a D-line of

DE's Edwards, Dareus, Carrington, and Spencer Johnson (Or some other free agent as depth)

DT's Williams (Spot playing DE), Troup, Big Pat, and if he shows up well in camp Jasper

Now I understand that Big Pat would likely be a nostalgia trip BUT I still think he can be a serviceable presence on the D-line and teach younger players like Jasper, Carrington, and Troup.

Plus, he hasn't played NT in a 34?

I think that his first few years in Buffalo they ran a 3-4 up until 2001 they ran a 3-4 and Big Pat was in Buffalo from 1998-2004.

I have always loved Pat Williams ... Donahue irresonsibly let him leave even when Williams was (reportedly) willing to take less money to remain with the Bills.

BUT ... he is old, finished, kaput, and bringing him back other than to give him a chance to retire as a Bill would be counterproductive to the team we are building now.

He is a class act and a special part of Bills' lore.

Why not bring back Talley, and BRUCE ... Kelso is in town and so is Jeff Nixon!

I became a fan of the Vikings' D when Pat was there but this is a young man's sport and we have some potentially exciting and talented young men ready to step up on the D line (Dareus, Kyle, Carrington, Troup (yes, I think he can play ... rookies usually need some seasoning before their talent comes through), Jasper (Oh, I am so hoping he is for real), Edwards, and Johnson). Now if it was a choice between keeping a McCargo or signing Pat Williams then that is a no brainer but I think McCargo will be out the door with the first cuts of the preseason if not before.

I understand he's old, but he could be a servicable backup...

True, because of his suspension he would come in as a cheap body....

The odds of Spencer Johnson, John McCargo being cut are good...

Along with the fact, Marcus Stroud isn't with the team anymore and the only additions so far I've seen are Dareus and Jasper...I could see the Bills looking for a veteran DT to plug in and be part of the rotation!

I understand he's old, but he could be a servicable backup...

True, because of his suspension he would come in as a cheap body....

The odds of Spencer Johnson, John McCargo being cut are good...

Along with the fact, Marcus Stroud isn't with the team anymore and the only additions so far I've seen are Dareus and Jasper...I could see the Bills looking for a veteran DT to plug in and be part of the rotation!

Oldest defensive player in the league in fact. I'm amazed he's held up so well. But I think it's his time to retire honestly.