Labor Dispute stunts growth for rebuilding teams...

Is it me or do teams who are established with their systems have a serious edge this year being that there will be no playbooks passed out till there is an agreement of some sort? Having no OTA's and possibly no mini camps is going to turn this rookie class into rookies the following year also... We're stuck rebuilding one extra year then we would have had they not had the Labor disputes. I'm just saying that this really sucks for the Bills and for any teams who are trying to turn a corner. Yes we got better in the draft on D but what good is it if they aren't familiar with the D when we start the season whenever that may be or if at all?

It's not good for any team. Good teams don't just step on the field ready to play.

PTR

I would argue it impacts teams that could be categorized in three categories:

1- most severely impacted are teams with new coaching staffs that are looking to install new systems

2- teams with younger rosters or rosters in transition ( I would argue this is where the Bills are)

3- least impacted - veteran teams with intact systems

I would argue it impacts teams that could be categorized in three categories:

1- most severely impacted are teams with new coaching staffs that are looking to install new systems

2- teams with younger rosters or rosters in transition ( I would argue this is where the Bills are)

3- least impacted - veteran teams with intact systems

it's a start but here's my list

1) same --> good luck with the offseason

2) Teams with rookie qb's (carolina, Vikes, & Bengals) It might actually benefit Carolina(long-term) to force Newton to sit and learn for 1 year.

3) Young offensive teams.--> offense is more difficult because timing & reads are tougher to get into rythym.

4) Young defensive teams.--> Just go get the ball (It's more than that but you get the idea)

5) same as 3 above.

Edited by BuffaloBill

I think one of the interesting side effects will be seen on those teams which cheat. If Bellicheat has no problem filming opposing coaches and involving others in conspiracy to violate league rules, I have few doubts that his playbook and orders are being distributed to players via various channels.

The sad thing is that my guess is that BB's on the field competition will likely make the same assessment and then all of them will confront the choice of whether to cheat if they think their opponents are likely cheaters.

Bellicheats big crime is that he essentially morally dumbed down the entire league.