Stevie Johnson on Sirius

Heitz

late start, just turned on radio, could not back up...Gil Brandt: "a playoff appearance. i can see it happening."

"it seems like every year your'e gaining a little bit of momentum."

SJ "last year it was basically there for us." "every playoff team we played against it came to the fourth qtr." "they pulled off and ended up winning, we now see what we have to do and have the little bit of confidence we need. it starts first whistle to last whistle, we need to finish to the last whistle."

on fitz:

"ryan is our general. he the general of the buffalo bills, he's a great polayer and not only jsut a great player but a great person. he brings everyone together, not just a friend, not just my qb or whatever, but my great friend. he came out of nowhere, basically, he put up great numbers, i feel like he can be that great guy, he is that great guy. i think so, i know lee thinks so, and roscoe."

on the draft

"this draft class..." "it's a lot of full? players, they're not just making plays i guess they're kind of doing what i do, just showing their emotions, and i seen that on the youtube, it's about bringing that energy, you never know hwho's watching, you can see a guy make a great catch, but you can be the other guy on the other side, and see that and see that hype..."

"and i feel these guys can wake up other guys, and bring competition."

on marcel and k. williams.

"its all looking good" "it soudns good, we have to make it work on the field."

thoughts on decision in 8th circuit court BS

"i kind of figured it. i figured we'd be back in training camp, maybe or so. i just prepare for it, so it's not anything suprirsing to me honest." ... "hopefulyl we don't miss it that we already missed in the OTA's, hopefully this training camp don't get mixed in with this lockout."

player rep on bills and how they get info

"we get texts or calls, george wilson does a great job, he's always on his phone. or we just get on espn.com or nfl.com and we normally just talk to george or moorman."

if i mispelled anything too bad, i am not rewinding it - i type as they talk.... the interview was with gil brandt and someone else...

Edited by jboyst62

- What are you up to with the lock out on?

Talked about camp Fitz, just working out, running routes, trying to stay in shape

- You're a west coast guy, whats it like being in Buffalo?

Its not hard, just appreciates the opportunity to be playing. Only thing he doesn't like is the weather - he hates the cold, but said it's a great city.

- You had a great year. Asked if the Pittsburgh drop bothered him?

Only thing that bothers him is still getting asked about it. It happened, he gets that fans are disappointed. It all comes with the territory. Talked about how Chris Jenkins in the Bills PR department helped him through that.

- Asked about Easley.

Marcus is a "bully" - he's huge! Looks like a bouncer on the field. He came in with raw talent, did things in a basic way. After a year of sitting and watching, he came out to AZ and was a total different route runner. Fluid, had a little erk and jerk and was at top speed.

- Do you see buffalo as an ascending team with a bunch of young guys on the same page?

Yeah, no doubt, 100%. We've had tough years, but we have guys that are all in, ready to put it together for the Bills. Talked about the importance of Gailey and staff wanting to be there.

- How about Fitz?

He's our general. He's not only a great player, but also a great person - brings everyone together, jokes, he's a friend. He can be that guy for Buffalo - he IS that guy!

- How about draft class? Lots of talent player all the way through the class. Mentioned Jasper.

Saw Jasper on tape and said he can move! We got a lot of guys that are good players on the field, but they're also emotional - they will bring energy, wake up the fans and wake up the competition.

Those were the big highlights. Stevie always does a great job with interviews - the guy's popularity is going to explode this year. Eventually...

Saw Jasper on tape and said he can move! We got a lot of guys that are good players on the field, but they're also emotional - they will bring energy, wake up the fans and wake up the competition.

Thats the part that I liked. He is becomming an emotional leader of this team, which is important. If he can mature on the field he will do wonders in this role.

if i mispelled anything too bad, i am not rewinding it - i type as they talk....

I'm not sure you did mispell. Looks like how he talks :w00t:

Thanks for posting it :thumbsup:

Im lovin what Stevie is bringing to the table. He may have a tougher year and draw more coverage this year though. Of course that means Evans should have a career year right :ph34r:

I'm not sure you did mispell. Looks like how he talks :w00t:

Thanks for posting it :thumbsup:

Im lovin what Stevie is bringing to the table. He may have a tougher year and draw more coverage this year though. Of course that means Evans should have a career year right :ph34r:

Thanks for thanking me, but the credit goes to Heitz, whom for without his post I would not have hit the radio to turn it on.

I am glad to transcribe pretty much word for word any time a Bills player is on and maybe a few others. I do not follow the schedule on who's on; but if anyone ever finds a Bill that is on PM me with as much warning as possible and I will try to either record it or be near the computer to be the Sirius Stenographer. I enjoy the challenge of it; typing that fast...

and again, all the thanks goes to Heitz! :thumbsup: