Obama: Companies need to "step up" and hire workers

HAHAHAHA Obama-checks. HAHAHA so funny. :blink:

It's not funny it's the truth.

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979326145

n February of 2011, 14.2% of the population was using food benefits, that's about 44.2 million people, up from 33 million in 2009. In 2006, 26.5 million people participated in the program, officially called the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).

The Huffington Post reports that the increased rate of participation in the program has led to an increase in the amount of money SNAP spends on food stamps. In 2010, the total cost of redemption in the U.S. rose 29% from the previous year, totaling around $64 billion.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not just food stamps but any of the plethora of handouts Obama has created.

What other handouts did he create? I mean, damned if we help out the less fortunate. We're becoming a nation screw your neighbor instead of help your neighbor.

What other handouts did he create? I mean, damned if we help out the less fortunate. We're becoming a nation screw your neighbor instead of help your neighbor.

The government ain't my neighbor. Really, who in their right mind equates government to a neighbor? :wacko:

The government ain't my neighbor. Really, who in their right mind equates government to a neighbor? :wacko:

Wow, some takes every little word literally instead figuratively. Not surprising with you I guess.

Making unemployment checks virtually permanent for one. And don't forget Section 8.

youtube.com/watch?v=epr8Otfstr4

So should he get rid of unemployment checks? Limit them to a month? I guess Section 8 is horrible too since the government is helping people improve their standards.

Wow, some takes every little word literally instead figuratively. Not surprising with you I guess.

So should he get rid of unemployment checks? Limit them to a month? I guess Section 8 is horrible too since the government is helping people improve their standards.

1)Limit them

2)Dont make them more attractive than actually working

No, he took it as you posted it. You can not equate government handouts with "helping your neighbor" in one breath, and then suggest that you were talking figuratively. It's the reason people mock your lack of intellect.

You are SO determined to label conservatives as people who want children to starve and old people to die that you actually have convinced yourself that when someone says we give out too much in food stamps, your immediate reaction is "Yeah, you just want to screw your neighbor."

Helping your neighbor never needed a mandate before. But apparently only the government can save us now.

Just ask Leroy Fick

A man who won $2 million on a Michigan lottery show has told a TV station that he still uses food stamps.

Leroy Fick of Bay County admitted he still swipes the electronic card at stores, nearly a year after winning a jackpot on "Make Me Rich!" He told WNEM-TV in Saginaw that more than half the prize went to taxes.

Fick says the Department of Human Services told him he could continue to use the card, which is paid with tax dollars. He told WNEM: "If you're going to ... try to make me feel bad, you aren't going to do it."

The TV station says people have seen Fick driving a new Audi convertible. Messages seeking comment were left with his attorney and the state today.

1)Limit them

2)Dont make them more attractive than actually working

Granted there will be some people out there that will want to take advantage. Hard to stop that. However I'm sure most people will want to get up on their feet by finding a job.

No, he took it as you posted it. You can not equate government handouts with "helping your neighbor" in one breath, and then suggest that you were talking figuratively. It's the reason people mock your lack of intellect.

You are SO determined to label conservatives as people who want children to starve and old people to die that you actually have convinced yourself that when someone says we give out too much in food stamps, your immediate reaction is "Yeah, you just want to screw your neighbor."

Helping your neighbor never needed a mandate before. But apparently only the government can save us now.

Just ask Leroy Fick

Again, there will be some people that take advantage of the system. If they find them, give them some harsh penalties.

I can equate the two because most of the constituents out there are so damned worried about doing anything for anyone these days. To me, it has become much more of a selfish society.. if helping out someone makes my taxes go up .1%, let them starve.

I am not determined to label anyone. Nice quote though "Liberals are like Slinkies: they're really good for nothing, but they can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Sorry but from what I see, Conservatives are so worried about bottom line (rightfully so) that they would love to eliminate all social programs. I just laugh because it's food stamps. Seriously... food stamps. The other thing I laugh about is the stupid naming of things by the right. Obamacare... Obama Checks. Always trying to demean the President no matter what. But if I question the right... it's hands off. Again, funny.

Edited by pBills

Granted there will be some people out there that will want to take advantage. Hard to stop that. However I'm sure most people will want to get up on their feet by finding a job.

Ah, the internal contradiction of the liberal world view. People are so selfish that we need the government to force them to help the less fortunate, but at the same time are so virtuous that most will do the right thing despite incentives to do the opposite.

Ah, the internal contradiction of the liberal world view. People are so selfish that we need the government to force them to help the less fortunate, but at the same time are so virtuous that most will do the right thing despite incentives to do the opposite.

Granted some people who claim they need help will take advantage beyond what is truly needed. However, I am sure that most of those less fortunate will want to get up on their feet by finding a job.

Is that better?

I caught a little of Sean Hannity Show in between periods of the Bolts Bruins game last night. He had Rob Lowe on promoting his new book. Sean Penn’s name came up, and so they started to talk a little politics. Sean pretty much asked Rob what he thought the difference between Liberals and Conservatives was. He said that liberals think by empathy, where as Conservatives think with Logic.

Says a lot coming from one of those liberals from Hollywood. He also said he changed as he’s gotten older, said he is now an independent.

I wonder which would bankrupt this Country quicker. Empathy or Logic?

Logically, empathy would.

Granted some people who claim they need help will take advantage beyond what is truly needed. However, I am sure that most of those less fortunate will want to get up on their feet by finding a job.

Is that better?

Not really. You didn't address the other half of his statement. You know, the part about people being so selfish that gov't needs to make them help others.

Are most people really honest and virtuous so that they will help others along with helping themselves, or are most people really selfish and greedy and not willing to help others and only help themselves?

The other thing I laugh about is the stupid naming of things by the right. Obamacare... Obama Checks. Always trying to demean the President no matter what.

How is the phrase "Obamacare" demeaning to the president? It's the single most important piece of legislation ever created, designed to provide free health care to 30 million uninsured while simultaneously reducing the deficit by over a trillion dollars.

You'd think he'd be PROUD to have name on it, no?

How can that be demeaning?

I caught a little of Sean Hannity Show in between periods of the Bolts Bruins game last night. He had Rob Lowe on promoting his new book. Sean Penn’s name came up, and so they started to talk a little politics. Sean pretty much asked Rob what he thought the difference between Liberals and Conservatives was. He said that liberals think by empathy, where as Conservatives think with Logic.

Says a lot coming from one of those liberals from Hollywood. He also said he changed as he’s gotten older, said he is now an independent.

I wonder which would bankrupt this Country quicker. Empathy or Logic?

Logically, empathy would.

I think he's wrong too. There's is something to be said for those who can think logically, yet can show some empathy.

How is the phrase "Obamacare" demeaning to the president? It's the single most important piece of legislation ever created, designed to provide free health care to 30 million uninsured while simultaneously reducing the deficit by over a trillion dollars.

Careful...don't make his head explode.

In the context in which Republicans toss it around it can have a negative tone to it. Just like the Obama Checks thing. Which I will give Republicans credit for.. they have used that term as a negative for so long people some believe it to be true.

I think he's wrong too. There's is something to be said for those who can think logically, yet can show some empathy.

See thats your problem. You let your empthy overide any logic you may have. Its evident all over this board. And yet you dont see it. I see Post after post knocking your bleeding heart to the ground with sound logic about current events. And yet you dont see it.