Ground Zero Mosque

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they're combat units, in a combat zone, armed for combat?

C'mon, really? You think Israeli army troops deployed on the borders of Lebanon and in the Golan are armed to repel civilians, and not Hisballah and the Syrian Army?

Precautionary measure. They aren't in a war. Not now, at least. We shouldn't throw around the word "war" so easily. We might offend those that actually fought in real wars, you know the ones where the other side had uniforms, guns and a military.

Imagine an Israeli soldier trying to exchange war stories with a Vietnam Vet. I'm pretty sure that dude will get laughed out of the room. Like, "yeah man, those rocks could have hurt me real bad" and Vietnam vet guy will be like, "just shut your mouth man". Know what I mean?:lol:

http://www.jerusalem...php?article3028

Were the PA protecting their borders as well?

I don't agree with the PA's actions in that situation, either. Violence will only lead to more violence. Those guys are freaking lousy @ss murderers. Just because they're Palestinians doesn't mean I won't condemn their butts, too.

Precautionary measure. They aren't in a war. Not now, at least. We shouldn't throw around the word "war" so easily. We might offend those that actually fought in real wars, you know the ones where the other side had uniforms, guns and a military.

Hisballah. Syria.

I don't agree with the PA's actions in that situation, either. Violence will only lead to more violence. Those guys are freaking lousy @ss murderers. Just because they're Palestinians doesn't mean I won't condemn their butts, too.

The IDF certainly agreed with the PA's actions. The volatility of the area and the heightened security makes life difficult for anyone trying to run security.

The IDF certainly agreed with the PA's actions. The volatility of the area and the heightened security makes life difficult for anyone trying to run security.

I'm sure they do. Makes it easier for them to pull the same crap.

BTW, I'd just like to say that I appreciate this debate we're having. It may or may not amount to anything, but at least it can bring some enlightenment, on both sides, to the argument, because this situation needs as many people to be aware as possible.

I respect all of your opinions and apologize in advance if I get a little carried away with name calling or something like that.

Also, I am impressed with the knowledge some of you have on the area, even though we face an uphill battle here at home.

Thanks.

We might offend those that actually fought in real wars, you know the ones where the other side had uniforms, guns and a military.

Would that be the field manual that eschews uniforms, uses human shields and places military command centers in kindergartens?

This thread sure has brought out the Jew haters.

Rock on Jew haters!!! :D

Here we go again, this has nothing to do with hating Jews. I know absolutely nothing about Judaism and don't hate anyone. Can't someone disagree with the Israeli government without being called a hater or an anti-Semite? Are you incapable of differentiating between the two? Or did the media make you the way you are? Jesus Christ!:doh:

Would that be the field manual that eschews uniforms, uses human shields and places military command centers in kindergartens?

Syria and Lebanon both have a military. There is no fighting between those parties. Got it?

Yes, the Israelis are at war with Hamas and no they don't have a military, but it is still a war, but don't try to tell me the Israelis are fighting a war with Syria or Lebanon.

Syria and Lebanon both have a military. There is no fighting between those parties. Got it?

Yes, the Israelis are at war with Hamas and no they don't have a military, but it is still a war, but don't try to tell me the Israelis are fighting a war with Syria or Lebanon.

Using your own definition, Israel is at war with Hezbollah, which militarily controls southern Lebanon. Israel's hostilities with Syrina never ended. A war doesn't necessarily mean active fighting in order for it to be a military conflict. You also recognize that Iraq & Vietnam weren't real "wars" So stop throwing definitions around, bedcause you're not doing yourself a favor.

Using your own definition, Israel is at war with Hezbollah, which militarily controls southern Lebanon. Israel's hostilities with Syrina never ended. A war doesn't necessarily mean active fighting in order for it to be a military conflict. You also recognize that Iraq & Vietnam weren't real "wars" So stop throwing definitions around, bedcause you're not doing yourself a favor.

That's a real nice "political" response. Which means crap. Vietnam was a war. I don't give a darn if it was "classified" as one, officially.

You see, some of us allow ourselves to go the political route, but try telling anyone that lost a loved one or fought in Iraq or Vietnam that those weren't "wars". What a joke. In a test in school, you'd get credit for your answer, but in real life it's just a crock of you know what.

Good grief. Okay, they're at war. Vicious battles take place everyday between Hezbollah, the Syrians and the Israelis.<_<

Am I arguing that a set-piece battle occurs every week? I thought I was arguing that Israel had a concrete interest in keeping an armed military force on those borders that is prepared for a set-piece battle. As opposed to one armed merely with rubber bullets and tear gas.

Because really...if you can't see the difference between civil unrest in the West Bank, and Syrian civilians trying to cross a fortified Israeli position in the Golan...

You see, some of us allow ourselves to go the political route, but try telling anyone that lost a loved one or fought in Iraq or Vietnam that those weren't "wars". What a joke. In a test in school, you'd get credit for your answer, but in real life it's just a crock of you know what.

So Israel IS at war now? :unsure:

Am I arguing that a set-piece battle occurs every week? I thought I was arguing that Israel had a concrete interest in keeping an armed military force on those borders that is prepared for a set-piece battle. As opposed to one armed merely with rubber bullets and tear gas.

Because really...if you can't see the difference between civil unrest in the West Bank, and Syrian civilians trying to cross a fortified Israeli position in the Golan...

So Israel IS at war now? :unsure:

With Hamas, yes.

I replied to your simplistic, sarcastic analogy with a simplistic, sarcastic analogy of my own. You don't like it? Well, don't take the debate there in the first place. BTW I preferred your earlier, funnier posts.

My simplistic sarcastic analogy was itself a reply to a simplistic yet non-sarcastic analogy which attempted to keep score by counting dead bodies.

You don't like it? Well maybe try reading it properly first.

Did I equate Israelis to the family at home and Palestinians to the armed robbers or vice versa? Or did you make that comparison for yourself?

Personally I don't think counting dead bodies is a great way of measuring anything.

Here we go again, this has nothing to do with hating Jews. I know absolutely nothing about Judaism and don't hate anyone. Can't someone disagree with the Israeli government without being called a hater or an anti-Semite? Are you incapable of differentiating between the two? Or did the media make you the way you are? Jesus Christ!:doh:

If you know nothing about Judaism then why three sentences later do you blame them for killing Jesus? You admit you are uninformed so please don't level such accusations.

I am no expert on religion but I don't think the the Jewish faith killed Jesus. Were there some Jewish dudes involved? Probably so, but there were some other Jewish dudes who were against the whole thing going down the way it did. I don't think you should blame "the Jews".

If you know nothing about Judaism then why three sentences later do you blame them for killing Jesus? You admit you are uninformed so please don't level such accusations.

I am no expert on religion but I don't think the the Jewish faith killed Jesus. Were there some Jewish dudes involved? Probably so, but there were some other Jewish dudes who were against the whole thing going down the way it did. I don't think you should blame "the Jews".

WHAT!!!!????? How in the world did you get that? I never made that accusation! Are you trying to piss me off by putting words in my mouth?

I'll have you know that Muslims, which I am one, don't even believe Jesus died on a cross, much less blame the Jews for doing just that. Whatta joke!!! We believe Jesus ascended to Heaven before his body was crucified.

How did you come to that conclusion, that I accused the Jews for killing Jesus, anyways??

WHAT!!!!????? How in the world did you get that? I never made that accusation! Are you trying to piss me off by putting words in my mouth?

I'll have you know that Muslims, which I am one, don't even believe Jesus died on a cross, much less blame the Jews for doing just that. Whatta joke!!! We believe Jesus ascended to Heaven before his body was crucified.

How did you come to that conclusion, that I accused the Jews for killing Jesus, anyways??

You were arguing with the dude about throwing rocks and said you know nothing about Judaism but then blame the Israeli government for lots of stuff. The Israeli government is based partially on Judaism so you are basically blaming Judaism even though you know nothing about it. :blink:

The next two words you type are the most common thing in history which is blamed on the Jews. Jesus Christ. Was this a coincidence somehow?

On a side note I find it interesting that you are Muslim. Did you move to the US or are you a Bills fan living overseas?