Ground Zero Mosque

Welcome to politics. I'd love to know how bibi would look to his voter base (remember he gets elected) when he signs a peace agreement with a political group who doesn't believe they should exist...

Yes, I'm sure saying that they believe Israel should exist is going to preserve it in stone and give Israel some magical guarantee that will keep them safe forever. Do they have to take a lie detector test when they are saying it? The whole thing is childish nonsense. And why is this constant call for recognition on one side only? How about the Israeli's recognize the Palestinian's right to a viable state of their own.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I'm sure saying that they believe Israel should exist is going to preserve it in stone and give Israel some magical guarantee that will keep them safe forever. Do they have to take a lie detector test when they are saying it? The whole thing is childish nonsense. And why is this constant call for recognition on one side only? How about the Israeli's recognize the Palestinian's right to a viable state of their own.

My link

Actions speak louder than words.

Netanyahu says he's open to a Palestinian state, but refuses to stop building settlements within the PA's boundaries. If the settlements remain, than so does the Israeli military. What kind of statehood is that?

Actions speak louder than words.

Netanyahu says he's open to a Palestinian state, but refuses to stop building settlements within the PA's boundaries. If the settlements remain, than so does the Israeli military. What kind of statehood is that?

Really. If you're not free to lob mortars around for fun on a Tuesday afternoon, are you really free at all?

Damn, dude, give a guy a chance to respond. I'm at work and posting from an iPhone. I dint hate Jews. Period. I have jewish friends! You're accusations are laughable. Give it up, bro.

B. Harami98, if you say you are not an anti-Semite, I will take you at your word and apologize. But all I have to go on is your posts, which sound pretty anti-semantic to me, as well others on the board. Maybe you should choose your words more carefully.

I also have many Jewish friends, I also have a friend who is a christian who was born and raised in the middle east. The stories he told me of the violence perpetrated by Muslims. He also told me of the Jews in his neighborhood who were also terrorized by Muslims.

So you see, I have my own reasons for the way I feel. Do I want everyone to get along? Of course. But when you have one side who denies the holocaust and openly supports the destruction of Israel, well I will always speak up against that, I will not be silenced just because bashing Israel is the popular thing to do. Unfortunately a line in the sand seems to have been drawn, I stand beside Israel, you stand beside Palestine. It is very sad.

B. Harami98, if you say you are not an anti-Semite, I will take you at your word and apologize. But all I have to go on is your posts, which sound pretty anti-semantic to me, as well others on the board. Maybe you should choose your words more carefully.

I also have many Jewish friends, I also have a friend who is a christian who was born and raised in the middle east. The stories he told me of the violence perpetrated by Muslims. He also told me of the Jews in his neighborhood who were also terrorized by Muslims.

So you see, I have my own reasons for the way I feel. Do I want everyone to get along? Of course. But when you have one side who denies the holocaust and openly supports the destruction of Israel, well I will always speak up against that, I will not be silenced just because bashing Israel is the popular thing to do. Unfortunately a line in the sand seems to have been drawn, I stand beside Israel, you stand beside Palestine. It is very sad.

Well, thanks for the apology, but I will not change my words just because you and some others don't understand what being an anti-Semite, is.

Standing behind Palestine is really sad? Do you even know what the body count is over the last four decades for the Palestinians as opposed to the Israelis?

Well, thanks for the apology, but I will not change my words just because you and some others don't understand what being an anti-Semite, is.

Standing behind Palestine is really sad? Do you even know what the body count is over the last four decades for the Palestinians as opposed to the Israelis?

I understand what a anti-Semite is.Believe me, I hear about it in the MSM everyday. I think you misunderstood me, I meant the fighting between the two are sad, not your support for the Palestine people.

It's hard to convey your points on a message board.

I understand what a anti-Semite is.Believe me, I hear about it in the MSM everyday. I think you misunderstood me, I meant the fighting between the two are sad, not your support for the Palestine people.

It's hard to convey your points on a message board.

Well then I apologize for the misunderstanding. You're right, it is sad.

Do you even know what the body count is over the last four decades for the Palestinians as opposed to the Israelis?

If 12 armed bandits entered your home and killed two of your children and your wife, but you managed to take them all down and help another child survive; the body count would be 3 of your family members and 12 armed bandits.

I'm sure this would anger armed bandits the world over.

If 12 armed bandits entered your home and killed two of your children and your wife, but you managed to take them all down and help another child survive; the body count would be 3 of your family members and 12 armed bandits.

I'm sure this would anger armed bandits the world over.

How about armed bandits stealing your home, exiling you to a corner of the back garden and then taking a little bit more of what was left year by year?

How about armed bandits stealing your home, exiling you to a corner of the back garden and then taking a little bit more of what was left year by year?

Damn, chicot, school is in session!

You know B, you sound like a good guy. Fight your fight man and good luck. May we have peace someday in our lifetime.

You too, westside, most people here on this board are excellent people. That's why I post here, off the wall and on TSW. We may not always see things eye to eye, but we're all Bills fans and if we win the SB some day we can all set aside those differences for at least one day and celebrate as one.

The devil is in the details. Even if "Bibi" is sincere that he "could consider supporting a Palestinian state", it will be a swiss-cheese state, criss-crossed with settlements. In any event, I'm not sure that his statement is exactly recognizing the Palestinians right to a state, more like a grudging acceptance if they jump through numerous hoops first. Look. Israel exists. That is a fact. Expecting the millions who lost everything in it's creation or their descendants to like it as well is perhaps expecting a bit much. In a long term, Israel's survival and prosperity will not come about through empty gestures, it will come about when the Palestinians have real prospects of a better existence so they actually have something to lose.

The devil is in the details. Even if "Bibi" is sincere that he "could consider supporting a Palestinian state", it will be a swiss-cheese state, criss-crossed with settlements. In any event, I'm not sure that his statement is exactly recognizing the Palestinians right to a state, more like a grudging acceptance if they jump through numerous hoops first. Look. Israel exists. That is a fact. Expecting the millions who lost everything in it's creation or their descendants to like it as well is perhaps expecting a bit much. In a long term, Israel's survival and prosperity will not come about through empty gestures, it will come about when the Palestinians have real prospects of a better existence so they actually have something to lose.

Bottom line, if Israel wouldn't exist, do you think the people living there would have been living in a vibrant democracy? For me that`s the issue.

It's amazing how Israel is the biggest problem in the middle east.

Meanwhile Assad paid his respects at a funeral yesterday.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/syrian-toll-hits-900-as-forces-fire-on-funeral/story-e6frg6so-1226060653673

I, nor anyone else in this thread ever said Israel is the biggest problem in the middle east. That whole area is and has been in utter chaos for quite some time now, but Israel like the US, hold themselves to higher standards than those other countries, and if they do they should act accordingly.

The people in the middle east have had enough and are overthrowing their governments. Change is in the air in the ME, and the Palestinians and Isrealis have to join them in change as well.

Peace isn't unattainable. Let's try something new and see where it takes us. The cycle of hate needs to end. I blame the Palestinians in Gaza for voting in Hamas and I blame the people if Israel for voting in that hawk, Netanyahu. Get people in there that WANT real peace. PLEASE!!

Bottom line, if Israel wouldn't exist, do you think the people living there would have been living in a vibrant democracy? For me that`s the issue.

That's up fir them to decide, not us.

BTW, if democracies were do important to us then why are all our friends kingdoms? The Saudis, Jordan and the UK?

I, nor anyone else in this thread ever said Israel is the biggest problem in the middle east. That whole area is and has been in utter chaos for quite some time now, but Israel like the US, hold themselves to higher standards than those other countries, and if they do they should act accordingly.

The people in the middle east have had enough and are overthrowing their governments. Change is in the air in the ME, and the Palestinians and Isrealis have to join them in change as well.

Peace isn't unattainable. Let's try something new and see where it takes us. The cycle of hate needs to end. I blame the Palestinians in Gaza for voting in Hamas and I blame the people if Israel for voting in that hawk, Netanyahu. Get people in there that WANT real peace. PLEASE!!

That's up fir them to decide, not us.

BTW, if democracies were do important to us then why are all our friends kingdoms? The Saudis, Jordan and the UK?

Great post. I do think peace will happen, but it won't be easy. What has been going on for decades is much easier for both sides, and that is why both sides have continued the hostilities.

Peace will require concession and compromise on both sides, but will be worth it