Boooooooo! to Dallas Police Department

Beerball

Glad I did a search before creating my post of the exact same topic.

What a crappy idea by the City of Dallas as a way to increase thier coffers. Why would the city believe that they could keep money that didn't belong to them? If the girl found the money, and no one claimed it, its hers. She was the last legal owner.

People should be up in arms over this. What a cheap shot. So much for encouraging people to do the right thing and turn in something they found.

People should be up in arms over this. What a cheap shot. So much for encouraging people to do the right thing and turn in something they found.

This is an excellent point. The girl did exactly the right thing. Once when I pulled some cash from an ATM one of the 20's fell to the floor. It was one of those situations where you sort of see it happen but not in focus. I counted the money and then looked down. I did not immediately find the missing 20. There was a guy standing nearby who saw the whole thing. I could tell be where he had been looking that he knew the whole time where the 20 went. The a-wipe did nothing to inform me about it as it was obvious that he was hoping I would not find it. I gave him a hard glare ... thought about busting him in the nose...jerk

This girl should be applauded and rewarded for her honesty.

One time when I was working for the county, my fellow employee found $100 in the elevator lobby. He turned it in at security, and two weeks later when no one claimed it, he got it back. We had a very good lunch that day at one of the nicer restaurants in the Cuse.

This is an excellent point. The girl did exactly the right thing. Once when I pulled some cash from an ATM one of the 20's fell to the floor. It was one of those situations where you sort of see it happen but not in focus. I counted the money and then looked down. I did not immediately find the missing 20. There was a guy standing nearby who saw the whole thing. I could tell be where he had been looking that he knew the whole time where the 20 went. The a-wipe did nothing to inform me about it as it was obvious that he was hoping I would not find it. I gave him a hard glare ... thought about busting him in the nose...jerk

This girl should be applauded and rewarded for her honesty.

It's amazing how cheaply some people will sell their souls.

Damn coppers

This was a city rule, made by the City administration. I don't believe that the PD supported the decision for the city to keep the money. If you read the article, any turned in monies would go into the city's general fund.

Some people want to blame the cops for everything.