*LAMP* Awesome Commercial

ajzepp

AJ just so you know when I talked about leaving as an adult it was not against advice. I was released but due to a some paperwork snafu I had to wait and wait and wait. I finally got to the point of saying f this.

Ah okay, I think a lot of people feel that way. That's partly why I don't like to work day shift. The is so much to do that it's often very hard to get people out in a timely manner. The doc writes the d/c order, the patient knows they're going home, but it's up to the RN to get everything in order, pull the IV, review the instructions, etc. In addition to that, they have the morning med pass, they have to get patients to their tests, pre-medicate for PT, etc, etc. It's really a lot of stress on their shoulders. But yeah, I know that when you're ready to go, you're ready to GO lol.

I actually did walk out of the doctor's office once. I was in for a physical and they went to draw blood. First attempt, the vial didn't fill up all the way. The nurse apologized and tried again. Same thing happened. She apologized again, said, "This will be the last time, I promise," and jabbed me a 3rd time. Keep in mind that I *HATE* needles... Again, the vial only filled about halfway. "That's weird, let me try something different." As soon as she said that, I stood up and started walking out. She looked shocked and asked what I was doing. I told her, "You said that was the last time, so I'm leaving." :lol:

Don't blame you one bit!

I just got home a few days ago from having my knee replacement and once again I have to give props to those in the nursing field - the care I got was AMAZING! When you're in the hospital as a patient you're usually not at your best - a minimum you don't want to be there and you could also have mental and physical pain - probably not the type of person nobody wants to be around. To see the nurses come in day after day, do the mundane and frankly unplesant things many people wouldn't do (change dressings, poke/prod you in the middle of the night, etc.), do it with great cheer AND also try and make you life even one bit cheerier is something not everybody can do. I have always been impressed with the nursing care I and my family members have received and the past few days have been no exception. It's obvious that the folks who choose nuring as a career do it because they really want to do that job, and it shows - kudos to the folks who do it because they do a great job!

Edited by The Avenger

I just got home a few days ago from having my knee replacement and once again I have to give props to those in the nursing field - the care I got was AMAZING! When you're in the hospital as a patient you're usually not at your best - a minimum you don't want to be there and you could also have mental and physical pain - probably not the type of person nobody wants to be around. To see the nurses come in day after day, do the mundane and frankly unplesant things many people wouldn't do (change dressings, poke/prod you in the middle of the night, etc.), do it with great cheer AND also try and make you life even one bit cheerier is something not everybody can do. I have always been impressed with the nursing care I and my family members have received and the past few days have been no exception. It's obvious that the folks who choose nuring as a career do it because they really want to do that job, and it shows - kudos to the folks who do it because they do a great job!

:thumbsup:

But he does have good bedside manner. :thumbsup::devil::D

:w00t: