And the new geezer champion in the 26th district

youtube.com/watch?v=zEALbyJDYZY

You do realize that this just sunk Davis, right?

You do realize that this just created sympathy for the Republican, right?

You do realize that the net result of this is that the race is now about the the Republican vs. Jack "the crazy guy on Youtube", that the Democrat has lost a significant amount of relevancy, and now it's an uphill battle to go from #3 and try to actually get into the fight, right?

If you know all this, then I am wondering why you would be celebrating something that hurts the candidate you support?

Seems dumb.

If you know all this, then I am wondering why you would be celebrating something that hurts the candidate you support?

Because Hedd is a bitter partisan shill stuck in the Us vs Them mentatlity that anything that hurts Them must be good for Us

You do realize that this just sunk Davis, right?

You do realize that this just created sympathy for the Republican, right?

You do realize that the net result of this is that the race is now about the the Republican vs. Jack "the crazy guy on Youtube", that the Democrat has lost a significant amount of relevancy, and now it's an uphill battle to go from #3 and try to actually get into the fight, right?

Seems dumb.

I don't think it hurts Ian Murphy at all. Anyways as a city resident I can't vote in this election...oh wait a second...I can. It's my mother's district and I have power of attorney so yeah I guess I can vote in Amherst. It's pretty obvious that I'm ABC, anybody but Corwin who is the hand picked candidate of the local conservative establishment, the RNC, Rus Thompson and TEA New York. There are a lot of notably upset conservatives over the choice of Corwin with WBEN radio host Tom Buerle heading that pack. It looks like Corwin might blow this one in a race she should have won going away. It doesn't help when you invite Speaker Boehner to be seen with you at a blueblood fundraiser at Salvatores,, or accept money from Karl Rove's PAC. We tend not to like those people here in WNY.

I don't think it hurts Ian Murphy at all.

It's my understanding Murphy has about 1% of the vote right now, so I give you credit for really going out on a limb with this bold prediction.

One percent. What is that? Like eight people? :lol: :lol:

It's my understanding Murphy has about 1% of the vote right now, so I give you credit for really going out on a limb with this bold prediction.

One percent. What is that? Like eight people? :lol: :lol:

Yeah...ok. Guess that one flew over your head.

It doesn't help when you invite Speaker Boehner to be seen with you at a blueblood fundraiser at Salvatores,, or accept money from Karl Rove's PAC. We tend not to like those people here in WNY.

good...reading PPP i'd concluded that anyone left of attila the hun wouldn't currently have a chance in WNY.

good...reading PPP i'd concluded that anyone left of attila the hun wouldn't currently have a chance in WNY.

What's going to sink the repubs and tea party isn't so much that Corwin is a wretched candidate (she is) it's that they completely overextended themselves on seeing how far to the right they could go. This race is a real test of what's to happen for 2012. If it wasn't then the Boner wouldn't have flown in and gorged himself on Merlot at the Italian Gardens, or Rove's 527 wouldn't be flooding Jane's coffers. The conservative right/tea party is scared since their pet issue is being roundly rejected, not just in the 26th of NY state but in the country.

http://www.economist.com/node/18682550?story_id=18682550

• 2 weeks later...

And that's the bottom line in this race, a race which the national press has latched onto and pegged as a harbinger for 2012, and one many pundits have cited as a classic case of conservative over-reach. Many have said that the Ryan budget, the Koch bros, Dick Armey, candidates like Jane Corwin and the business as usual tea party establishment has awoken that sleeping giant known as the aging baby boomers (all 80 million of them) right in time for 2012. Does anyone think they are going to want a change in medicare...or elimination of the program as the far right is currently attempting?

Here's your answer; http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/55408.html

I still don't fuking believe it! This was Jack Kemp's district fer chrissakes!

And that's the bottom line in this race, a race which the national press has latched onto and pegged as a harbinger for 2012, and one many pundits have cited as a classic case of conservative over-reach. Many have said that the Ryan budget, the Koch bros, Dick Armey, candidates like Jane Corwin and the business as usual tea party establishment has awoken that sleeping giant known as the aging baby boomers (all 80 million of them) right in time for 2012. Does anyone think they are going to want a change in medicare...or elimination of the program as the far right is currently attempting?

Here's your answer; http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/55408.html

I still don't fuking believe it! This was Jack Kemp's district fer chrissakes!

Did you know that in California, the top two vote getters in a primary run against each other for the available seat, even if both top vote getters are from the same party?

Did you know that last week in quite possibly one of the most liberal districts in California (C-26), a Republican won the number 2 spot while running against five liberals?

How could that be? This is probably where you start talking about how so many liberals in the primary split the votes.

Oh, sorry. It doesn't fit this ridiculous narrative you keep trying to advance. Carry on.

I don't think it hurts Ian Murphy at all. Anyways as a city resident I can't vote in this election...oh wait a second...I can. It's my mother's district and I have power of attorney so yeah I guess I can vote in Amherst. It's pretty obvious that I'm ABC, anybody but Corwin who is the hand picked candidate of the local conservative establishment, the RNC, Rus Thompson and TEA New York. There are a lot of notably upset conservatives over the choice of Corwin with WBEN radio host Tom Buerle heading that pack. It looks like Corwin might blow this one in a race she should have won going away. It doesn't help when you invite Speaker Boehner to be seen with you at a blueblood fundraiser at Salvatores,, or accept money from Karl Rove's PAC. We tend not to like those people here in WNY.

Nice to see you understand power of attorney as accurately as everything else.

Your poor mom.

Did you know that in California, the top two vote getters in a primary run against each other for the available seat, even if both top vote getters are from the same party?

Did you know that last week in quite possibly one of the most liberal districts in California (C-26), a Republican won the number 2 spot while running against five liberals?

How could that be? This is probably where you start talking about how so many liberals in the primary split the votes.

Oh, sorry. It doesn't fit this ridiculous narrative you keep trying to advance. Carry on.

What the hell are you even talking about? I couldn't give a rat's ass about California which has about as much relevancy to this highly anticipated special election in NY's 26th as you do to common sense.

The far right pulling out all the guns as this GOP darling decides to endorse Corwin. Guess Rove and the Koch brothers Dick Armey as well as soon to be has-beens like Christie and the Boner understand that all their nefarious plans and schemes might be headed straight to the crapper. How else to explain these bozos getting involved in a district that has absolutely nothing to do with them.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/05/gov_christie_endorses_gop_asse.html

Nice to see you understand power of attorney as accurately as everything else.

Your poor mom.

Yeah...and I guess you're a lawyer :lol:

What the hell are you even talking about? I couldn't give a rat's ass about California which has about as much relevancy to this highly anticipated special election in NY's 26th as you do to common sense.

To you there is no relevancy between California's highly anticipated special election and NY's highly anticipated special election because when you stop to consider the relevancy, it completely blows up the ridiculous narrative you keep trying to advance.

But you keep pounding that "This means people don't want to see Paul Ryan push grandma off a cliff" storyline. It's a keeper. :lol:

To you there is no relevancy between California's highly anticipated special election and NY's highly anticipated special election because when you stop to consider the relevancy, it completely blows up the ridiculous narrative you keep trying to advance.

But you keep pounding that "This means people don't want to see Paul Ryan push grandma off a cliff" storyline. It's a keeper. :lol:

"California's highly anticipated special election"? Anticipated by whom? Who is covering it? Who even gives a schit what's happening in California? Since you seem to be the only person who seems to know anything about this "California's highly anticipated special election" why don't you provide a link....assuming of course there is one :w00t:

"California's highly anticipated special election"? Anticipated by whom? Who is covering it? Who even gives a schit what's happening in California? Since you seem to be the only person who seems to know anything about this "California's highly anticipated special election" why don't you provide a link....assuming of course there is one :w00t:

For those unable to use Google.

This is by far the most conservative district in NY State. This is a district that voted for Bush (twice!) and Sarah in 2008. This district is so far right that it actually chose teabagging racist nutjob and demolitionist Carl Paladino over Cuomo for governor last year. Whatever piddly nonsense you are talking about that is maybe happening 3000 miles from WNY doesn't hold a candle to a possible Hochul win and the rejection of the Ryan budget by the voters of that district who have made the medicare issue their primary concern...over jobs and the deficit.

You're joking right? My god that's absolutely earth shattering! Let's alert the Fox News investigative team and James O'Keefe! My gawd how was this important candidate ever ignored?

Craig Huey...WTF? :blink: :blink:

This is by far the most conservative district in NY State. This is a district that voted for Bush (twice!) and Sarah in 2008. This district is so far right that it actually chose teabagging racist nutjob and demolitionist Carl Paladino over Cuomo for governor last year. Whatever piddly nonsense you are talking about that is maybe happening 3000 miles from WNY doesn't hold a candle to a possible Hochul win and the rejection of the Ryan budget by the voters of that district who have made the medicare issue their primary concern...over jobs and the deficit.

CA-26 is by far one of the most liberal districts in CA. How did a conservative take the number two spot when running against five liberals in the primaries? Answer the question, following the bread crumbs, and realize all by yourself that your narrative is ridiculous.

Yeah. He is.

So if Egyln has Power of Attorney for his mom and he can vote for her, and Peace is an attorney all the time, does that mean he always has Power of Attorney? Because if you are an attorney without the power of an attorney then you are not an attorney at all but just a paper tiger. Therefore Peace must be able to vote for anyone given his power of attorney. Ergo, if he beats Egyln to the voting booth he can vote for Egyln's mom. I think Peace is about to pull a fast one on Egyln.

If you ask me I think these attorneys have too much power.