Wings - James Blunt

HopsGuy

I was listening to the Adam Carolla podcast and James Blunt (the singer) was on. Strangely enough, he's a bit of a bad MoFo. He was in the British Army and fought in Kosovo. During the interview (conducted via Skype) his room service arrived. He ordered wings and mentioned that he's doing a book called "Wings of the World". He had a picture on his phone of the best wings he has had: Duffs.

So there's that.

Adam Carolla Podcast

It's two-part pod with Andrew Breitbart and Blunt comes on around the 60 minute mark.

Is that the same guy who sings "Your Beautiful"? Singing a song like that its unbelievable he would be anything else but a douche. But, if the song made money who am I to judge. Anyway, Briebart was fantastic on Carolla. Going to see Carolla June 4 in SF. Should be fun.

Edited by Dante

Get It On!

Man, Adam walked away from a multi-million dollar deal for syndicated radio, if you heard yesterday's podcast, in order to keep this podcast going.

I hope it works out for him. I'm not sure why they couldn't have made the radio show into the podcast. I listen to Kornheiser's show as a podcast.

Yea! Get it on! Got to get it on! No choice..but to get it on.

Is that the same guy who sings "Your Beautiful"? Singing a song like that its unbelievable he would be anything else but a douche. But, if the song made money who am I to judge. Anyway, Briebart was fantastic on Carolla. Going to see Carolla June 4 in SF. Should be fun.

Yeah I had to wikipedia him after the interview I was like "wtf"...but dude was a pretty bad ass British soldier. And he's seems like a nice guy. Said he tries the wings everywhere he goes (he obviously travels a lot he tours playing music) and Duffs was the best. Did in fact have a freaking picture on his phone of Duffs wings lol.

Get It On!

Man, Adam walked away from a multi-million dollar deal for syndicated radio, if you heard yesterday's podcast, in order to keep this podcast going.

I hope it works out for him. I'm not sure why they couldn't have made the radio show into the podcast. I listen to Kornheiser's show as a podcast.

B/c the point is the podcast is his. Obviously if he took the deal he would work for someone else.

Edited by dayman

Yea! Get it on! Got to get it on! No choice..but to get it on.

Yeah I had to wikipedia him after the interview I was like "wtf"...but dude was a pretty bad ass British soldier. And he's seems like a nice guy. Said he tries the wings everywhere he goes (he obviously travels a lot he tours playing music) and Duffs was the best. Did in fact have a freaking picture on his phone of Duffs wings lol.

B/c the point is the podcast is his. Obviously if he took the deal he would work for someone else.

He does sound like a pretty decent, grounded guy. It was kinda cool he liked Duffs wings. Ive never been to Duffs but I have hear a lot about them. I'm rarely back in that area anymore but next time I am I guess it will be a must to try them.

I'm personally pleased Carolla didn't take the deal. His podcast is really good. Almost no ads and he can do and say what he wants. Obviously that would change if he went to either satellite or terrestrial radio.

I love that he didn't take it b/c I love the podcast and it's perfect for me. I just sticher it up at my convenience almost every day....I have Sirius on my iphone and usually don't work my way to stern or espn until the podcast is done...it's first in my car listening line up. Lets not kid ourselves these days there are quite a few ads but I know what you mean not ANYTHING like any other type of ads and they're almost all live reads it's more bearable. Anyway LONG LIVE CAROLLA! I'm a loyal fan I think he's freaking hilarious. I must say though, I have nothing against Larry Miller but I'm not a huge fan of him on the podcast as a guest host or whatever every 2 weeks or so. He sucks the life out of the show sometimes. Adam/Bald Brian/Alison is the A team.

I found Adam via the BS Report back in '08. I remember thinking, "I could listen to these guys all day." At the end he plugged his radio show, so I Googled that and saw that you could listen to the show in 2 hours via pods (literally 12 pods per show). I became a loyal "listener" and loved Teresa & Bald Bryan. When the show was cancelled and he went to pods, I kept tuning in. When Bald Bryan was diagnosed with brain cancer, I followed Christie's blog "An Inconvenient Tumor". I even emailed the CEO of Aetna when she mentioned that Bryan's Avastan treatments might not be covered. I listened to almost every podcast on the ACE Broadcasting Network (RIP "Daves of Thunder" & "Spider and the Henchman"). Jeeze, even "The Parent Experiment" is ok. I like Larry Miller, but I can understand why others wouldn't. Saw "The Hammer". Read "In 50 Years, We'll All Be Chicks". Loved them both. I even sent in an entry to "The Tournament of Rosen".

I guess you could say I'm a fan. :D

Happy he decided to stick with the pod. I think he remembered listening to Jack Silver talk about the "Wing Bowl" and decided he wanted to limit his exposure to idiots.

Today's rant about leaving LA was funny, but I don't think he'd be able to get very many notable guests living in Portland or Seattle. You're stuck in the land of the La Brea Tar Pits, Aceman!

Wow - you are quite the fan! I did send Bryan a donation when they set up a Paypal account, but that is way easier than writing the CEO of Aetna a letter!

The guys on the board I check out carollaboards.com almost all think it was a bad move by Adam. Some are saying the same thing as me - and basically what you are saying how you used to listen to the radio show. Just put that in podcast form. Bring over your current people and it seems that everybody is happy and you don't have to worry about money.

I would have then brought T back. I really like Alison, but I loved T. Somehow, she really knew a lot about sports, she had a stronger voice in every sense, and when her and Adam would go on those improvs I would be LMAO!

Wow - you are quite the fan! I did send Bryan a donation when they set up a Paypal account, but that is way easier than writing the CEO of Aetna a letter!

The guys on the board I check out carollaboards.com almost all think it was a bad move by Adam. Some are saying the same thing as me - and basically what you are saying how you used to listen to the radio show. Just put that in podcast form. Bring over your current people and it seems that everybody is happy and you don't have to worry about money.

I would have then brought T back. I really like Alison, but I loved T. Somehow, she really knew a lot about sports, she had a stronger voice in every sense, and when her and Adam would go on those improvs I would be LMAO!

T is great. She was on the podcast, but she got a job doing AM talk radio with Peter Tilden (790). Alison is the new T. Adam has mentioned that this takes time and T struggled with improv it at first (Adam & Bald Bryan are always harping on "Yes and" & "Not only that but...". She'll be fine.

Edited by HopsGuy

Yeah I bought the audio book and listened to that it was FREAKING HILARIOUS. Anyway Alison is way better than T imo. I see what you mean about the voice, but IMO Alison is funny. Funnier than T and meshes w/ Adam well. Took a few weeks but that's it, I like Alison even MORE. Also hilarious you entered the tournament of Rosen. Awesome.

I hope you guys are right on Alison. I really do like her and think she's very funny........I just wish Adam would laugh at her jokes. They're really good and if there is a guest there, the guest really laughs. But, Adam blows right through them almost every time.........With T, it seemed he laughed a lot more and then got into an improv on it.