In-n-out Burger opens in Dallas

I remember when Krispy Kremes' started popping up in Austin, about 10 years ago...traffic jams, long lines...local newscasts from the parking lots...now I think some of them have closed down...now, if they open up a La Nova Pizza here, I will be first in line...a burger? There are lots of good burger places...

btw- those "Animal Fries" look like a plate of vomit...

Edited by Buftex

I remember when Krispy Kremes' started popping up in Austin, about 10 years ago...traffic jams, long lines...local newscasts from the parking lots...now I think some of them have closed down...now, if they open up a La Nova Pizza here, I will be first in line...a burger? There are lots of good burger places...

That is true, there are lots of good burger places; then there's In-N-Out. :thumbsup:

Edited by Mark Vader

Probably In-n-Out is trying to keep up with the success that Five Guys has been doing? It seems that Five Guys are springing up around here (Illiana area) more and more... Same with Sonic, I noticed them building more up here.

Almost in the same class of fast-food burgers... Here in the Mid-West, Culver's isn't too bad: "Frozen Custard and ButterBurgers."

I know that you (and others) like to jump on anything popular but...

Krispy Kreme's problem wasn't the product. IMO they made the product too available and that took away the novelty. If every gas station & grocery store has their product why go to their shop? They over exposed their product and over extended themselves.

In n Out is IMO the best chain burger you'll find. It's a solid burger, not to be confused with what you can make at home & not to be confused with your favorite local joints. If you want a burger for lunch and want to use the drive through they do the trick.

That said...a co-worker waited 3 hours 45 minutes in the drive through last night. He got his burgers at around 11:15. I wouldn't do that (or anything close to that), but for him it was worth it. His whole family went, they had movies, books etc. and made it an outing. I wouldn't do that, but in a couple weeks when I want a burger for lunch I'll stop.

Probably In-n-Out is trying to keep up with the success that Five Guys has been doing? It seems that Five Guys are springing up around here (Illiana area) more and more... Same with Sonic, I noticed them building more up here.

Almost in the same class of fast-food burgers... Here in the Mid-West, Culver's isn't too bad: "Frozen Custard and ButterBurgers."

5 Guys is IMO not to be confused with In n Out. 5 Guys is a 'burger restaurant' and their product is much better than I n O.

Sonic fall far short, and I wouldn't eat anything outside of the custard at Culvers, but that's just me...

I know that you (and others) like to jump on anything popular but...

Krispy Kreme's problem wasn't the product. IMO they made the product too available and that took away the novelty. If every gas station & grocery store has their product why go to their shop? They over exposed their product and over extended themselves.

In n Out is IMO the best chain burger you'll find. It's a solid burger, not to be confused with what you can make at home & not to be confused with your favorite local joints. If you want a burger for lunch and want to use the drive through they do the trick.

That said...a co-worker waited 3 hours 45 minutes in the drive through last night. He got his burgers at around 11:15. I wouldn't do that (or anything close to that), but for him it was worth it. His whole family went, they had movies, books etc. and made it an outing. I wouldn't do that, but in a couple weeks when I want a burger for lunch I'll stop.

5 Guys is IMO not to be confused with In n Out. 5 Guys is a 'burger restaurant' and their product is much better than I n O.

Sonic fall far short, and I wouldn't eat anything outside of the custard at Culvers, but that's just me...

Oh, I am not a fodd snop, I have the waistline to prove it! :P

Funny you bring up Five Guys. They started popping up down here a couple of years ago, and a buddy of mine in DC was always raving about it...honestly, I have been there, maybe a half dozen times over the years...I think they are good, but hardly the best burger I have ever had...not even top 5. I have heard so much about In & Out over the years...I am sure they are good...but like you, I can't see myself waiting in that kind of line for any fast food thing. I love food, but I value my time too...I am not one of those who automatically hates chains...but more often than not, I don't understand the hype...of course, as another poster mentioned, I would be first in line if they opened a Mighty Taco here! :P One man's treasure...

That is true, there are lots of good burger places; then there's In-N-Out. :thumbsup:

In-n-out burger in Dallas...nice...but I will be going to the one here in Arlington when it opens

in a few months. Let's hope the NFL is resolved and the lines are gone by the time you guys get

here on November the 13th to play my "Girls". The Arlington location will be less than 5 miles south

of the Cowboy Stadium.

At first, I loved Five Guys, now I can't stand it.

Would be nice to get a In-N-Out down here in Miami, though, but if I had one wish, it would be LaNova's.

Edited by b.harami98