Direct TV Sunday Ticket

I'm not sure if anyone has an answer for this, but Direct Tv usually starts charging for the NFL Sunday Ticket in June. If there is no new agreement set in place, will they start charging us Direct TV customers anyways? Or even further, if there is an abbreviated season, will they charge a lower rate for less games?

I'm not sure if anyone has an answer for this, but Direct Tv usually starts charging for the NFL Sunday Ticket in June. If there is no new agreement set in place, will they start charging us Direct TV customers anyways? Or even further, if there is an abbreviated season, will they charge a lower rate for less games?

I would probably ask DirecTV. I was thinking of emailing them or checking if anything is on their site. Let you know if I get any info.

nothing being discussed on dbstalk as of yet I would look over there for a discussion on sunday ticket.

I would probably ask DirecTV. I was thinking of emailing them or checking if anything is on their site. Let you know if I get any info.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/sports/nfllabor

Found this on the Direct TV website.

"You won't pay until they play. We at DIRECTV love football. That's why for over 15 years, DIRECTV has been the exclusive home for NFL SUNDAY TICKET™, the only way to watch your favorite teams no matter where you live. And DIRECTV will continue to be the exclusive home for NFL SUNDAY TICKET™. Like all football fans, we are hoping for a positive resolution to the current NFL labor negotiations. And when the NFL is ready to play, we will be ready to bring you every game every Sunday.

If the NFL negotiations result in a shortened or canceled season, rest assured that DIRECTV has you covered. Your subscription to NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ is risk-free: You will not pay for any game that the NFL does not play.*"

Last year, I used their internet streaming version of NFL Ticket. I’m undecided whether I will go with that again. I'm leaning towards probably not.

CON:

- Way over-priced ($350 for the season)

- Quality of streaming is poor compared to what I’m used to from Netflix & Youtube.

- There were times when DTV’s website had links messed up or had “Service Not Available” errors which caused me to miss big chunks of games. (Of the 16 games, I’d say I missed half of the kickoffs because they did not have the links ready to go until well after 1pm. A few times the service would be unavailable for like 30 minutes plus during a game.)

- Their customer service was beyond poor to the point of being insulting. You have to do some research just to find a way of contacting them. Then they basically tell you that you have zero recourse for any service issues. They said their policy is absolutely no refunds or discounts, period! They admitted that they had many errors on their end which caused whole quarters of games to be missed, but they would not offer me any compensation at all. They said I could cancel, but that I would forfeit the entire amount that I had paid for the full season.

PRO:

- I get to see Bills games (kind of)

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/sports/nfllabor

Found this on the Direct TV website.

"You won't pay until they play. We at DIRECTV love football. That's why for over 15 years, DIRECTV has been the exclusive home for NFL SUNDAY TICKET™, the only way to watch your favorite teams no matter where you live. And DIRECTV will continue to be the exclusive home for NFL SUNDAY TICKET™. Like all football fans, we are hoping for a positive resolution to the current NFL labor negotiations. And when the NFL is ready to play, we will be ready to bring you every game every Sunday.

If the NFL negotiations result in a shortened or canceled season, rest assured that DIRECTV has you covered. Your subscription to NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ is risk-free: You will not pay for any game that the NFL does not play.*"

Cool, thanks. Wonder how they will charge for a partial season.

Edited by nucci

I also had this web based service last year and agree with it being over priced and no deals available either. I also experienced the "Service not available" a few times. Quality wasn't great though it seemed to improve towards year end so am hoping it was sign of working kinks out. I probably will order agai nas it beats messing aorundd wit hal lthe links that work for 20 minutes, then get cut off by NFL! For me it's worth it to avaoid the hassles.

Last year, I used their internet streaming version of NFL Ticket. I'm undecided whether I will go with that again. I'm leaning towards probably not.

CON:

- Way over-priced ($350 for the season)

- Quality of streaming is poor compared to what I'm used to from Netflix & Youtube.

- There were times when DTV's website had links messed up or had "Service Not Available" errors which caused me to miss big chunks of games. (Of the 16 games, I'd say I missed half of the kickoffs because they did not have the links ready to go until well after 1pm. A few times the service would be unavailable for like 30 minutes plus during a game.)

- Their customer service was beyond poor to the point of being insulting. You have to do some research just to find a way of contacting them. Then they basically tell you that you have zero recourse for any service issues. They said their policy is absolutely no refunds or discounts, period! They admitted that they had many errors on their end which caused whole quarters of games to be missed, but they would not offer me any compensation at all. They said I could cancel, but that I would forfeit the entire amount that I had paid for the full season.

PRO:

- I get to see Bills games (kind of)

They don't indicate in their notice when billing will start. Probably will charge starting in June and then refund money as necessary or credit your bill.

Their were many times I stopped watching the bills game due to angina so I'm seriously debating the $350. What is it, 15 years since our last playoff win? I believe Tim Tindale ran wild in that one.

as far as price my guess is they would just prorate based on how many weeks are lost and DirecTv would just credit your account accordingly...they usually dont offer direct refunds

I canceled DirecTv after last season and made the switch to FIOS and havent decided what I am going to do about football yet. Ive had the sunday ticket just about every year since it started but dont want to pay for another cable service plus the 350 for sunday ticket, think i might just go with the NFL redzone channel this year since I normally just watch the game mix and Bills games anyway

as far as the streaming is concerned, i had trouble every time I tried streaming on my PC Laptop but never had an issue with the app on my iPod touch, loaded and played perfectly every time, go figure...wish i could just buy that

Edited by Max997

I'm sure this guy knows the answer:

After posting thread after thread after thread the last couple of years about the Sunday Ticket, did some of you guys seriously pay $350 for Sunday Ticket? I haven't paid more than $150 for three years now.

You will not be charged if there is no season, and you won't be charged until the season starts. Take that to the bank. I have inside info.

Don't have info on pro-ration, but it would make sense to do it that way.

Edited by BEAST MODE BABY!

After posting thread after thread after thread the last couple of years about the Sunday Ticket, did some of you guys seriously pay $350 for Sunday Ticket? I haven't paid more than $150 for three years now.

The prices that are being discussed are for the internet streaming version rather/in addition to the satellite version.

I got DIRECTV when it came out in Nov '94 ...

When I renewed it for the '95 season it was something like $109 for early bird renewals, give or take $10.

Lv-Bills .... you may have only paid $150 these past 3 seasons, which means someone else in your household or whomever is paying the difference, no matter though, there's no way you've been billed $150 annually from DIRECTV for the Sunday Ticket.

When I renewed it for the '95 season it was something like $109 for early bird renewals, give or take $10.

Lv-Bills .... you may have only paid $150 these past 3 seasons, which means someone else in your household or whomever is paying the difference, no matter though, there's no way you've been billed $150 annually from DIRECTV for the Sunday Ticket.

I have gotten it for $170 and $180 the past two seasons, it isn't difficult and I know no one else in my household is paying the difference since I have the only account and I pay the bill.

Every year, people post how you can get in touch with the retention department and get Sunday Ticket for $149ish, sometimes $179. It's all about knowing what to do. It's like going to a car dealer, and thinking they wouldn't budge on their price. Well, go talk to the fleet manager or the Internet sales manager and you'll find a different story.

The prices that are being discussed are for the internet streaming version rather/in addition to the satellite version.

Even at that though, why would someone pay $350 for an internet feed when you can get the TV feed for that much? Maybe they couldn't get the dish, I'm not sure, but there is no way a streaming feed is worth anywhere near $350, IMO.

OK, go back and read VARIOUS threads from the search option about Sunday Ticket. All you have to do is call and threaten to cancel and they were giving it to you for cut rates. Everyone was posting their rates in threads, and as a matter of fact, the fact that you could do this, was also flying around all NFL message boards. The first two years, I called and acted like I was going to cancel, whined about Superfan (which was an incredible ripoff)and eventually I got it for $150. Last year, I just called and said I've gotten it for $150 the last two years, and I go to half of the Bills games anyway, and they gave it to me for $179. Simple as that. They charge you the full monthly price each month, and then credit your account monthly a few days after to make it what they quoted you.

No one else in my family, including my wife or my 13 month old daughter pays DTV a dime. I pay the bills.

Enjoy this information this year, when you hopefully don't pay full price for the ticket.

On a side note, the bizzare thing about the whole thing is that this doens't work for the other sports packages. At least not for me.

I have gotten it for $170 and $180 the past two seasons, it isn't difficult and I know no one else in my household is paying the difference since I have the only account and I pay the bill.

Thank You!

Edited by Lv-Bills