The Beginning Of An Era

Um...... That was 47 seconds I'd like to have back in my life. I could have been watching grass grow or something more exciting. And why on earth is there a Sabres thread on a Bills fan site? And why on earth is anyone even talking about the all mighty and powerful Sabres when they have been removed from play? And why on earth do peoe really care about hockey? I'll never understand these things. It's comments like "Sabres games are so much more energenic than Bills games" that make me want to punch a baby. 19k people < 74k people all day and everyday. And I don't care if all the people in RWS are silent, it's still more than the wine and cheese crowd at HSBC. I HATE HOCKEY!!!!! At least u til the football season is over.

Um...... That was 47 seconds I'd like to have back in my life. I could have been watching grass grow or something more exciting. And why on earth is there a Sabres thread on a Bills fan site? And why on earth is anyone even talking about the all mighty and powerful Sabres when they have been removed from play? And why on earth do peoe really care about hockey? I'll never understand these things. It's comments like "Sabres games are so much more energenic than Bills games" that make me want to punch a baby. 19k people < 74k people all day and everyday. And I don't care if all the people in RWS are silent, it's still more than the wine and cheese crowd at HSBC. I HATE HOCKEY!!!!! At least u til the football season is over.

Hockey rocks and the Sabres are on the move. A Sabres game can be just electric. I love both sports and feel sorry for you. Go Bills and go Sabres!

Hockey rocks and the Sabres are on the move.

Let me know when they get there. I got a feeling its going to be a long trip, possibly one with no end.

A Sabres game can be just electric. I love both sports and feel sorry for you. Go Bills and go Sabres!

I feel sorry for you that you feel so passionate about hockey. The best thing about the Sabres organization is the Bandits. Of course, the worst thing about the Bandits is that they are owned by the Sabres organization.

Hockey is great. IMO there is something wrong with people who claim to be from Buffalo but don't like hockey.

The Sabres played more big game in the last few weeks than the Bills have played in a decade. And they've given us reason to be excited for next year.

Let me know when they get there. I got a feeling its going to be a long trip, possibly one with no end.

I feel sorry for you that you feel so passionate about hockey. The best thing about the Sabres organization is the Bandits. Of course, the worst thing about the Bandits is that they are owned by the Sabres organization.

Did you trip on the ice as kid? Wife run off with a goalie? Unusual hostility for a sport. I'm not a fan of curling but I'm not bitter about it. I can see you in a dive hotel with one 35 watt bare light bulb on scowling at a beat up rabbit ears TV about hockey......

Keep this crappy attitude for the Bills. At least they deserve it.

The Sabres are a REGULAR PLAYOFF team. They're a well respected organization in the league and amongst broadcasters/experts.

They're a couple pieces away from making a serious run at the Cup. Not at just making the playoffs. Not at just winning the Division. A serious run for the Championship.

Stop being a whiny little brat and either enjoy the sports entertainment, or GTFO.

Wrong time of the month rags?

OK lets talk about the COntract of the rookies...

Lets talk about the Free Agents coming in for a visit

Lets talk about, well there is nothing football to talk about, because there is NOTHING going on right now.

The Sabres have an owner who QUOTE " Wants to win Multiple Stanley Cups" Whats not to be excited about.

Ill be excited over the Bills when this lockout garbage is over and i dont have to listen to players and owners *&^ about who is Taking er I mean getting (Still sounds dirty) the shaft this time around.

Did you trip on the ice as kid? Wife run off with a goalie? Unusual hostility for a sport. I'm not a fan of curling but I'm not bitter about it.

What hostility and bitterness? Are you referring to the Bandits comments?

If so, let's think about this. The Bandits have reached the championship game 8 times, winning it 4. Care to refresh my memory on how the Sabres fared?

The Sabres have a new owner, and in his quest to win even a single Stanley Cup, may divert resources from the Bandits and start treating a winning team like an after thought.

I stand by my statements until proven otherwise.

Keep this crappy attitude for the Bills. At least they deserve it.

The Sabres are a REGULAR PLAYOFF team.

Big whoop. I love how hockey fans spout this fact as some sort of real accomplishment.

The NHL has 15 teams in each conference. 8 of those teams make the playoffs every year. That's more than 50%. Over half of the league makes the playoffs.

The NHL plays 82 games a year, and its not uncommon to see teams with 40 and below in the win column make the playoffs. Just last year, both Montreal and Boston made the playoffs winning only 39 games.

They're a well respected organization in the league and amongst broadcasters/experts.

And Dick Jauron was a well respected coach in the NFL.

How many NFL experts/broadcasters thought Ralph was senile when spoke out against the last CBA?

They're a couple pieces away from making a serious run at the Cup. Not at just making the playoffs. Not at just winning the Division. A serious run for the Championship.

Again, let me know when they get there. To steal a Nix comment, don't tell me about the labor, show me the baby.

Big whoop. I love how hockey fans spout this fact as some sort of real accomplishment.

The NHL has 15 teams in each conference. 8 of those teams make the playoffs every year. That's more than 50%. Over half of the league makes the playoffs.

The NHL plays 82 games a year, and its not uncommon to see teams with 40 and below in the win column make the playoffs. Just last year, both Montreal and Boston made the playoffs winning only 39 games.

And Dick Jauron was a well respected coach in the NFL.

How many NFL experts/broadcasters thought Ralph was senile when spoke out against the last CBA?

Again, let me know when they get there. To steal a Nix comment, don't tell me about the labor, show me the baby.

Not claiming that making the playoffs in the NHL is a particularily noteworthy accomplishment, but several of your points disparaging it and the Sabres seem to be of the 'pot meet kettle' variety.

While being 1 of 16 in when there are only 14 out isn't impressive, it is far more impressive than being 1 of 8 in when there are only 2 of 10 out.

3 of the Bandits wins came during an era where the entire league was owned by the same individual and the Bandits and Wings had a distinct advantage in how players were distributed between teams. The Bandits had some incredible teams back then, but the deck was kind of stacked.

And your fears about resources being diverted from the Bandits to the Sabres seem misplaced. Why would a billionaire take money out of a very low expense entity like the Bandits to improve the Sabres? Especially one that has the following the Bandits have? There aren't enough resources going to the Bandits currently to make a difference w/ the Sabres. If any changes occur w/ the Bandits, I'd expect they'll be positive. Time will tell, but I'd be very surprised to see Pegula being a bad thing for the Bandits.