Brees, LT, Romo among players holding workouts

Many NFL teams are holding player-organized workouts during the lockout. Veteran QBs and RBs seem to be the ones getting their teams together and ready in lieu of formal mini-camps and workouts illegal while the labor dispute lingers.

Shouldn't Fitzpatrick - fresh off of the vote of confidence the team gave him by not drafting a QB last week - be organizing the Bills? Also, if such workouts were conducted could the Bills draftees take part and could a veteran "loan" then a copy of the playbook?

NFL Vets leading Workouts

Many NFL teams are holding player-organized workouts during the lockout. Veteran QBs and RBs seem to be the ones getting their teams together and ready in lieu of formal mini-camps and workouts illegal while the labor dispute lingers.

Shouldn't Fitzpatrick - fresh off of the vote of confidence the team gave him by not drafting a QB last week - be organizing the Bills? Also, if such workouts were conducted could the Bills draftees take part and could a veteran "loan" then a copy of the playbook?

NFL Vets leading Workouts

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/4/20/2122224/bills-players-working-out-at-camp-fitz

Edited by nucci

Fitz had all the.young guys out to his house. Stevie j was putting up pictures not only of them all getting workouts in but them grilling and shooting the isht hitting golf balls off a patio. Fitz is a leader, here's to hoping he took a few years to develop just like Brees

Publications like to write about Romo, and Brees. The Bills and Fitz don't make the press.

Brees rented out facilities, hired trainers, got hotel accomodations and even paid for medical insurance out of his own pocket for almost the entire team. Not to mention he's named in the lawsuit and is a superbowl MVP.... There might be a reason why fitz getting together at his house with a few (mostly backup) players didn't get the same attention.

Brees rented out facilities, hired trainers, got hotel accomodations and even paid for medical insurance out of his own pocket for almost the entire team. Not to mention he's named in the lawsuit and is a superbowl MVP....

Romo and Sanchez keep getting the same amount of press on their camps. Must mean they are superbowl MVPs too :w00t:

The reason why the bills camp doesn't get national attention is, the national media just doesn't give a damn about the bills. Even a losing team like the 49ers gets more press than us with Luck teaching Kapernick. Any whispers related to the bills won't hit the national media, unless we re-sign TO.

Romo and Sanchez keep getting the same amount of press on their camps. Must mean they are superbowl MVPs too :w00t:

The reason why the bills camp doesn't get national attention is, the national media just doesn't give a damn about the bills. Even a losing team like the 49ers gets more press than us with Luck teaching Kapernick. Any whispers related to the bills won't hit the national media, unless we re-sign TO.

Imagine that- the largest fan base and the largest market. Not to mention two teams that are expected to be contenders. Maybe if the bills made the playoffs since the 90s and weren't in one of the smallest markets out there..... New Orleans was the best comparable out of those 3 and it's explained by winning and the noteworthiness of the actual event. I get regional pride, but you can't actually take this as a real insult can you?

A couple undrafted rookies and an injured rookie that didn't play at all and steve johnson showing up at fitzs house isn't newsworthy to anyone but the regulars on this board.

Imagine that- the largest fan base and the largest market. Not to mention two teams that are expected to be contenders. Maybe if the bills made the playoffs since the 90s and weren't in one of the smallest markets out there..... New Orleans was the best comparable out of those 3 and it's explained by winning and the noteworthiness of the actual event. I get regional pride, but you can't actually take this as a real insult can you?

A couple undrafted rookies and an injured rookie that didn't play at all and steve johnson showing up at fitzs house isn't newsworthy to anyone but the regulars on this board.

I never said I took it as an insult, so I don't know what you are getting at. I was just telling it as it is. The national media doesn't care about the bills. Really, the only time in recent years they actually did was when they signed TO. Do you disagree with that or something? :unsure:

The only thing I was calling BS on what you said was your reasoning as to why the media was focusing on Drew Brees. It isn't because he is a superbowl MVP or because he dropped $20,000, or because his name is on a lawsuit. The reason his camp was reported was because he is the starting QB of a team in a much larger market. Hence, Drew brees, Mark Sanchez, AND tony romo getting there camps reported. Belonging to a bigger market team is the only thing they have in common that fitz doesn't. Not hating on the media or taking it as an insult. Just saying, that is why their camps are getting reported and not Fitz's.

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

I never said I took it as an insult, so I don't know what you are getting at. I was just telling it as it is. The national media doesn't care about the bills. Really, the only time in recent years they actually did was when they signed TO. Do you disagree with that or something? :unsure:

The only thing I was calling BS on what you said was your reasoning as to why the media was focusing on Drew Brees. It isn't because he is a superbowl MVP or because he dropped $20,000, or because his name is on a lawsuit. The reason his camp was reported was because he is the starting QB of a team in a much larger market. Hence, Drew brees, Mark Sanchez, AND tony romo getting there camps reported. Belonging to a bigger market team is the only thing they have in common that fitz doesn't. Not hating on the media or taking it as an insult. Just saying, that is why their camps are getting reported and not Fitz's.

New Orleans population is like 300-400k currently. Gets to about 1m if you extend it out through all the suburban communities..... Not a large market team. Statistically it's surprisingly close to buffalo population wise.

Edited by NoSaint

Publications like to write about Romo, and Brees. The Bills and Fitz don't make the press.

That's correct Those publications will now have less to write about Romo.

He has failed to qualify for the US Open once again.