I would like to see Ocho Cinco become a Bill if he becomes available.

BB likes him a lot. That's always been the rumor at least. Maybe not, but I think it could happen.

BB has a firm policy, keep your mouth shut. Don't say anything provocative or inflammatory.

I don't think Ochocinco could achieve that without a face mask like "Silence of the Lambs" and a pair of child-size neoprene mittens

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the original poster:

Look…he recently changed his name from Chad Johnson to Chad Ochocinco…now you want him to change his name to Bill?

Bill Ochocinco?

Don't you remember that NFL Properties gave him a super hard time about his unbought jerseys last time he changed his name?

I swear to God...

Such venom. Are you people that bitter in life?..... I can't believe how SOME of you talk to people. Is this how to you treat one another? Thru the years I've read your "opinions" on past and current players and other board members.....SOME of you are classless and treat others with such acid conviction. ..... the difference with me is that I'll treat ALL of you with respect, even if I don't like or agree with your opinions. (...)

Go a head and unload some more, it really doesn't matter to me what you think. It's just pathetic that some of our fans' attitude, behavior and character are in such shambles. I hope that this response to some makes a difference and that they realize that this is just a message board for us to share our ideas, opinions and passion together, not a forum for us to trash each other and our players.

You kiss your Mother with that mouth?

Free clue: when you use general language like "you people" "is this how you treat one another" "it really doesn't matter to me what you think" "it's just pathetic" ......that doesn't quite come across as treating ALL of us with respect.

Such venom. Are you people that bitter in life? It's not even about justifying the post, even if it could be. I can't believe how SOME of you talk to people. Is this how to you treat one another? I can't say that it's surprising, just disappointing. To think that we all cheer for the same organization. Ha!

Thru the years I've read your "opinions" on past and current players and other board members. I can't and won't say that it's everyone, or even most of you, but SOME of you are classless and treat others with such acid

conviction. Have any of you ever bother to read some of

Whitner's twitter responses from some of our "fans"? It's

downright embarrassing. I may be a Buffalo Bill fan but you people don't represent me, just like I don't represent you but the difference with me is that I'll treat ALL of you with respect, even if I don't like or agree with your opinions.

Let me ask some of you a question. If you really find my posts that disturbing or offensive, then why do you bother to read them? There's an ignore button, I suggest that you use it. FWIW, I'm not going to stop posting and I'm not going to stop being a Bills' fan either but I am not going to respond to anyone's hatred anymore.

Go a head and unload some more, it really doesn't matter to me what you think. It's just pathetic that some of our fans' attitude, behavior and character are in such shambles. I hope that this response to some makes a difference and that they realize that this is just a message board for us to share our ideas, opinions and passion together, not a forum for us to trash each other and our players.

Have a good day.

Tip,

When you suggest going after such a polarizing player as Chad, what did you expect? You've been around this board long enough to know the members are outspoken, opinionated and will tee off on a post like that. People have suggest far more sensible things than that and gotten eviscerated, some of it in good (albeit a bit crude) humor and some of it downright vicious. Geez man, don't take it personally.

We already had the T.O. circus, we don't need the Ocho carnival.

You are right that the TO appearance was a circus, but I think the primary blame for this is with our lazy sports media and a cadre of noisy whining fans who could not make the football-intelligent understanding that:

1. TO was almost certainly going to be a good citizen his first year here. Hello Bueller. Didn't folks realize that in order to divide the team within itself or the fanbase that by definition he had to gain the adulation and trust of half the folks. It was fairly hilarious how downright stupid folks were right off the back with early articles claiming he already was becoming a cancer right after he signed when he did not show up for a voluntary workout.

It turned out he skipped the workout because he had long ago made a commitment to be in Philly that weekend to receive an award from a group for his charitable actions,

It was a circus because too many folks were happy to believe anything negative rather than look for the facts.

2. The Bills FO knew at least 3 things which led them to sign TO- 1. All they would agree to was a 1 year deal thus setting up having him on his best behavior and 2, Evans needed a partner in order for him to be most dangerous. 4. The Bills were unlikely to produce much last year so there was little to no risk that TO antics would cost us the SB,

TO did a good job for us the year he was here however, part of the fanbase was not mature enough to deal with it.

Ocho used to be good. Perhaps he can squeeze out another 1 or 2 good years but at what expense? We have young men who show promise and they could be the team's future. We need to find out what these youngsters are capable of and not try and rely on aging codgers. We are building for the future people and not holding onto past triumphs.

Edited by Pilsner

Ocho used to be good. Perhaps he can squeeze out another 1 or 2 good years but at what expense? We have young men who show promise and they could be the team's future. We need to find out what these youngsters are capable of and not try and rely on aging codgers. We are building for the future people and not holding onto past triumphs.

Pilsner,

Good post and as always - love the avatar. Let our youngsters get the playing time they need to develop. Fitz and they have been working to get on the same page, let's put that work to good use

I'm not sure "aging codger" is exactly a description Ocho would cherish. Heh.

TO did a good job for us the year he was here however, part of the fanbase was not mature enough to deal with it.

Viewpoints vary on that. Nothing against his citizenship, and it's a point that he would have caught more if more had been thrown his way.

I think hungry young guys show more hustle when it comes to the glamorless side of the WR job - blocking, turning into a DB etcetera. I'm not familiar enough with TO to understand if he fell off or if those were never his strengths

Admittedly I did not read any post other than the headline....but it was enough to make me say heeelllllll nnnnoooo!!!

That avatar.....it makes me feel strange feelings. :sick::bag:

Avatar like Pilsner muy buen. Scenic and peaceful. :beer:

When you suggest going after such a polarizing player as Chad, what did you expect? You've been around this board long enough to know the members are outspoken, opinionated and will tee off on a post like that. People have suggest far more sensible things than that and gotten eviscerated, some of it in good (albeit a bit crude) humor and some of it downright vicious. Geez man, don't take it personally.

This.

Plus, it was a horrible idea to begin with. Johnson is on the downside of his career and he is a selfish, disruptive malcontent. He is a perfect example of the kind of FA signing the Bills do NOT want as they are trying to build the core of a young team.

Tip,

Thing is Dr Fish I reread the thread and didn't see much that could be described as "venom" or even "teeing off". Billsfreak was about the only one and hey, it's Billsfreak.

Other than that just a bunch of "no" in all it's variations?

Not even much dissing of Ocho, other than that he's older, let our young guns have their shot

This.

Plus, it was a horrible idea to begin with. Johnson is on the downside of his career and he is a selfish, disruptive malcontent. He is a perfect example of the kind of FA signing the Bills do NOT want as they are trying to build the core of a young team.

I don't think it was a horrible idea per se, just one that has more downside than upside for the reasons you mentioned.

Thing is Dr Fish I reread the thread and didn't see much that could be described as "venom" or even "teeing off". Billsfreak was about the only one and hey, it's Billsfreak.

Other than that just a bunch of "no" in all it's variations?

Not even much dissing of Ocho, other than that he's older, let our young guns have their shot

Yep, there weren't any particularly venomous tee-offs, compared to some of the onslaughts I've seen. If Chad was more concerned about actually playing football than being a showboat, maybe it would be worth a shot. But he isn't and it isn't.

Such venom. Are you people that bitter in life? It's not even about justifying the post, even if it could be. I can't believe how SOME of you talk to people. Is this how to you treat one another? I can't say that it's surprising, just disappointing. To think that we all cheer for the same organization. Ha!

Thru the years I've read your "opinions" on past and current players and other board members. I can't and won't say that it's everyone, or even most of you, but SOME of you are classless and treat others with such acid

conviction. Have any of you ever bother to read some of

Whitner's twitter responses from some of our "fans"? It's

downright embarrassing. I may be a Buffalo Bill fan but you people don't represent me, just like I don't represent you but the difference with me is that I'll treat ALL of you with respect, even if I don't like or agree with your opinions.

Let me ask some of you a question. If you really find my posts that disturbing or offensive, then why do you bother to read them? There's an ignore button, I suggest that you use it. FWIW, I'm not going to stop posting and I'm not going to stop being a Bills' fan either but I am not going to respond to anyone's hatred anymore.

Have a good day.

WAAAAAA WAAAAAAA WAAAAAAA! You start maybe the dumbest thread in the history of TBD, and you are going to whine like a little biitch when people criticize it? Might want to take your thin skin elsewhere.

I think that it would be a good match for him and the Bills. He's familiar with Fitz and we have a rabid fan base that would feed Ocho's ego. This signing would be successful from a public relations' point, much like Terrell Owens' but on a smaller basis. I'm not reluctant to admit that I would also enjoy the attention that Western New York would receive from having a high profile player on our team.

Of course our administration probably has a completely different opinion on and not knowing how promising some of our young talent is at this position, I'll be the first to say that I could be way off base on this concept but it still doesn't change my feeling of wondering what if.

I'd rather amputate my right foot.

WAAAAAA WAAAAAAA WAAAAAAA! You start maybe the dumbest thread in the history of TBD, and you are going to whine like a little biitch when people criticize it? Might want to take your thin skin elsewhere.

Ive seen far dumber threads on this board than this one.

Ill pass on 85 just because I think we are better without him than with him but if we had a real gap at receiver I'd be open to the idea

I think that it would be a good match for him and the Bills. He's familiar with Fitz and we have a rabid fan base that would feed Ocho's ego. This signing would be successful from a public relations' point, much like Terrell Owens' but on a smaller basis. I'm not reluctant to admit that I would also enjoy the attention that Western New York would receive from having a high profile player on our team.

Of course our administration probably has a completely different opinion on and not knowing how promising some of our young talent is at this position, I'll be the first to say that I could be way off base on this concept but it still doesn't change my feeling of wondering what if.

umm I thought about it and NOOO lol

T.O. was cool while he was here, I liked the guy.

Ocho would really be a circus.