OT...Big Unit to Yanks....

DCM

Red Sox have to spend in order to compete with the Evil Empire period. Im also wishing for a salary cap because Spankees/Chokees dont have the front office to compete with the Red sox. I hope they get RJ because Javier is going to be a damn good pitcher. Varitek will resign and im not worried about the pitching at all. They will sign Clement,Millwood or Perez or trade for either AJ Burnett or Sheets. And didnt Schiling say he wasnt going to be able to pitch in playoffs after his first start in ALCS? Im not worried and neither is any red sox fan. Chokees will not beat out the red sox in the long run period!!

163496[/snapback]

Sure they don't. That's why the Red Sox are laden with so much homegrown talent. :lol:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Red Sox have to spend in order to compete with the Evil Empire period. Im also wishing for a salary cap because Spankees/Chokees dont have the front office to compete with the Red sox. I hope they get RJ because Javier is going to be a damn good pitcher. Varitek will resign and im not worried about the pitching at all. They will sign Clement,Millwood or Perez or trade for either AJ Burnett or Sheets. And didnt Schiling say he wasnt going to be able to pitch in playoffs after his first start in ALCS? Im not worried and neither is any red sox fan. Chokees will not beat out the red sox in the long run period!!

163496[/snapback]

You know I love ya and respect you (amungst other redsox fans on this board) but you have to be a little concerned with the pitching staff, don't you?

My friends in Boston are pissed. The problem with Redsox teams in the 90s was they believed good hitting beat good pitching and they built up a powerful offense while neglecting their roatation. Theo changed that last year with Foulke and Schill etc. But this offseason it seems he has resorted back to what most GMs fall prey to (NYY included).

I still think the Sox may make a move for Mulder, but I'm not sure who they would deal. If Tek leaves (Boras has the Sox right where he wants em now) then Boston could be in big trouble. Will they be bad? No, they will still be one of the top 2 teams in the league, but the Yanks I would think would have the edge.

But I'm with you, I would much rather keep Javy than get Randy.