OT...Big Unit to Yanks....

DCM

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because you like Vazquez?  Or because you think Johnson will be injury prone? As Nancy Kerrigan once wailed.....WHY?????

163391[/snapback]

Because Johnson is old...yes hes great NOW, but I still want to see what Javy can do this year....

And Im sick of hearing anti Yankee fan babies whining all the time

Think about this....

Johnson

Mussina

Pavano

Wright

Brown

that is a formidable staff.

163383[/snapback]

Sox have:

Schilling

Wells

Arroyo

Wakefield

possibly Clement?

Odalis Perez?

And you can add El Duque Hernandez as a back-up to that rotation for the Yanks...

sounds like youre the one whining.

163394[/snapback]

How so??

Im a Sabres fan too, when other NHL teams buy players I dont whine. In a Yankees fan too. Im tired of always hearing about money. Its NOT all about the money, its part of it absolutely, but people talk as if huge payrolls equals guaranteed championships.

Because Johnson is old...yes hes great NOW, but I still want to see what Javy can do this year....

And Im sick of hearing anti Yankee fan babies whining all the time

163392[/snapback]

Oh...OLD like Clemens you mean. RJ has atleast 2 more powerful years left in him....his ERA was just above 2.20 in September last year, a month when old pitchers usually wear down....Tim Hudson who is 12 years younger had an era of OVER 6....

losing out on Hudson, Pedro AND Pavano really hurt the Sox staff.

Even without Randy, the Yanks have a better staff now. I'm with Clements, I don't want to trade Javy. He has a much brighter future than Randy.

163397[/snapback]

Unfortunately the Yankees arent about the future anymore.

Ultimately this will be George's biggest mistake. Watch.

Unfortunately the Yankees arent about the future anymore.

Ultimately this will be George's biggest mistake.  Watch.

163402[/snapback]

Hey, at least the Yanks will take the Sox this time around :lol:

The sox have resorted to their old ways, spending on hitting and ignoring pitching.

Hey, at least the Yanks will take the Sox this time around :lol:

The sox have resorted to their old ways, spending on hitting and ignoring pitching.

163406[/snapback]

Renteria is not that big an upgrade over Cabrera....Theo has just been on his jock for several years now and finally got his Christmas wish....

If Varitek gets away....panic will take over. The Sox are right where Scott Boras wants them now.....in a corner.

Renteria is not that big an upgrade over Cabrera....Theo has just been on his jock for several years now and finally got his Christmas wish....

If Varitek gets away....panic will take over.  The Sox are right where Scott Boras wants them now.....in a corner.

163412[/snapback]

I agree. I really like Edgar and think he is an upgrade over Caberra. The Sox are still going to be very, very good. But as I said earlier, losing out on Pedro, Hudson AND Pavano has left serious holes in their rotation.

Wells is old and unreliable, Arroyo is hit or miss, Wakefield is good but not dominant and Schill won't be healthy until the second month of the season. (remember how long it took Moose to recover from missing spring training last year?).

I just figured the Sox would be the ones to get Hudson or Mulder...

If Varitek gets away....panic will take over.  The Sox are right where Scott Boras wants them now.....in a corner.

163412[/snapback]

It's like two brothers, 5 years apart, playing basketball. The bigger brother always wins. But, one day, the little brother wins, surprizing the older brother (who was hung over, and didn't really want to play, but the little dude just wouldn't stop freaking whining, so he did it just to get him off his back). The next game, the older brother turns it up a notch and puts the little dude back in his place, and really crushes the little dudes spirit (In your face you little...). Anyway, the Yankees are the older brother, the Sox are the little whiney dude. See what I'm driving at?