Sirius XM changing station presets...

boyst

I know many of us have Sirius XM and in order to merge media with XM more, aka the losing company, we have to change all but 3 stations. Obviously, Howard will not be moved and Pittsburgh's traffic / weather won't be moved. Hits 1 will now be on channel 2...umm, yeah?

Lets see, 124 = NFL is now 88...other then that, who cares about most of the other stations. My stiletto 100's will need to be updated and I am really annoyed by this!

This is 1/2 PSA and 1/2 annoyed customer.

I've been through several channel changes, it's just something you deal with. What is more troublesome is when they take a station and make it internet only like they did to Folk Town years ago.

I know many of us have Sirius XM and in order to merge media with XM more, aka the losing company, we have to change all but 3 stations. Obviously, Howard will not be moved and Pittsburgh's traffic / weather won't be moved. Hits 1 will now be on channel 2...umm, yeah?

Lets see, 124 = NFL is now 88...other then that, who cares about most of the other stations. My stiletto 100's will need to be updated and I am really annoyed by this!

This is 1/2 PSA and 1/2 annoyed customer.

Shade 45 is the same too.

It's actually helpful. My wife's car is XM, the rest of my world is Sirius. It will be nice to not have two sets of stations in my head.

I download my own cd's into my car and listen to my own playlists for free. Why should I pay to have someone elst determine what I listen to?

I've often thought the same thing when I hear people talk about Sirius/XM while I just hook up my iPod to my car's stereo. I suppose you'll hear some stuff you wouldn't normally hear when you listen to the radio, so you can find more music you like. :thumbsup:

A lot of people here probably like the sports broadcasts and the talk shows too.

I've often thought the same thing when I hear people talk about Sirius/XM while I just hook up my iPod to my car's stereo. I suppose you'll hear some stuff you wouldn't normally hear when you listen to the radio, so you can find more music you like. :thumbsup:

A lot of people here probably like the sports broadcasts and the talk shows too.

There aren't *any* electronic/dance channels on the radio, which means I can either pay someone to do it for me (like Sirius), or spend the work doing it myself. iPods also don't have Sirius NFL Radio, NHL Home Ice, College Sports, News, etc.

I download my own cd's into my car and listen to my own playlists for free. Why should I pay to have someone elst determine what I listen to?

I used to think the same thing until I got Sirius a few years ago because I was going to be in my car on draft day and didn't want to miss it. Now I have one in each car and a third receiver on my desk. The amount of content is amazing, and more importantly it takes me to music I would never hear otherwise. I tend to enjoy all kinds of different music based on day, mood, etc. and the opportunity to listen to four or five different country stations (new country or outlaw country, etc), or jazz stations (new jass versus old)is pretty awesome. The only thing missing from Sirius is the one thing I really like about Pandora: pick a song or artist that you're in the mood to listen to, and it starts streaming similar music from complementary artists.

Not to mention, if it weren't for Sirius, I'd never have come to dislike Adam Schein and Joe Namath as much as I do.

There aren't *any* electronic/dance channels on the radio, which means I can either pay someone to do it for me (like Sirius), or spend the work doing it myself.

Another fan of electronic music! I don't have to worry about that so much, I could listen to my library of electronic/dance music for 5 days and not hear a song repeat :lol:

I had sirius for 6 years mainly because i could listen to every SU Hoops, Football, Buffalo Bills game, and more importantly Howard Stern. When Howards contract fiasco was going on, i decided to let my subscription lapse. Now I wait til the evening, download that day's Howard show and listen a day late. I do miss listening to the dead channel 'tales from the golden road' on sundays, but not enough to pay for it. but I do love sirius, it was just time to cut expenses

Even when I'm on a channel where I own a lot of the music they play, it can be fun to see what a DJ pulls up. The other day, I'm listening to the radio and a song came on by Nirvana. I own a lot of Nirvana but thought, man, I haven't listened to them in a while. That is the joy of radio.

I own Sirius for talk radio and NFL broadcasts.

I used to think the same thing until I got Sirius a few years ago because I was going to be in my car on draft day and didn't want to miss it. Now I have one in each car and a third receiver on my desk. The amount of content is amazing, and more importantly it takes me to music I would never hear otherwise. I tend to enjoy all kinds of different music based on day, mood, etc. and the opportunity to listen to four or five different country stations (new country or outlaw country, etc), or jazz stations (new jass versus old)is pretty awesome. The only thing missing from Sirius is the one thing I really like about Pandora: pick a song or artist that you're in the mood to listen to, and it starts streaming similar music from complementary artists.

Not to mention, if it weren't for Sirius, I'd never have come to dislike Adam Schein and Joe Namath as much as I do.

You know I felt the same way about cocaine. But then I realized I didn't need the extra expense. And I like different music too but my car holds 12.5 gigs so I can download all types of music and I can search by genre, group, album. It's great!

Funny thing with me and draft day. Turned on the TV on Thursday and said "what?!?! the draft is today..oh well, I wonder which Seinfeld re-run in on TBS right now."

Even when I'm on a channel where I own a lot of the music they play, it can be fun to see what a DJ pulls up. The other day, I'm listening to the radio and a song came on by Nirvana. I own a lot of Nirvana but thought, man, I haven't listened to them in a while. That is the joy of radio.

I own Sirius for talk radio and NFL broadcasts.

I search music on my own online for free. I love the hunt.

You know I felt the same way about cocaine.

I think I get three years of Sirius for the price of an eight ball.

(Side note: I didn't quit cocaine because of price. I quit because of Len Bias. If memory serves me, a day or so after he died, a player for the NY Giants died of cocaine as well, and in spite of not being a very spiritual person, I didn't need someone to make the point any more clear. Cocaine bad. Roll a joint and move on.)

What does Namath do that makes you dislike him?

Funny you say that about Len Bias. I never did any drugs other than marijuana a few times, but when Len Bias died, that cemented if for me that I would never do any drugs, other than marijuana (could count the number of times on one hand probably). Wasn't even a Len Bias fan, nor a Celtics fan. In the back of my mind I thought, if drugs could take down an athlete like Bias, what chance did I have against drugs.

(Side note: I didn't quit cocaine because of price. I quit because of Len Bias. If memory serves me, a day or so after he died, a player for the NY Giants died of cocaine as well, and in spite of not being a very spiritual person, I didn't need someone to make the point any more clear. Cocaine bad. Roll a joint and move on.)

I didn't quit because of the price actually. I just grew up.

BTW a friend of mine posted a picture from 1985 ( I think) on Facebook. My wife commented on how thin she was back then. I told her "well at least the cocaine was good for something." :lol:

I have never heard anyone who got Sirius say they were not happy to have it. I have only heard people say that once they got Sirius they were unable to listen to regular radio again. I refuse to even listen to regular radio and when I HAVE* to I usually just listen to an old country station out of Galax.

Forget my receiver, no sat rad in vehicle, battery dies on stiletto, still recording stern...

The extra expense? How much is sat radio? Pennies compared to the amount of annoying ads you get on regular radio. I just cut something else which I think is useless... Like dig cable... I just have basic... Again, for me... Radio is more important and I am actually saving money.

I have had Sirius since the get-go.