(OT) Hudson to Braves; Beltre to Seattle

Like A Mofo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BF, this is a great deal for Atlanta. They still have a good team.

What are the Cards going to do now? I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm seriously curious. What's the word?

They lose out on Randy and Hudson and still have 2 big holes in the infield to fill (SS and C). Who are they targeting now? Mulder?

163409[/snapback]

I would have to assume that the Cardinals rotations looks like this if we don't get a top flight pitcher from Oakland (Moulder or Zito).

Carpenter

Suppan

Morris

Ankiel

Harren

Ankiel could be the ace we need if he can rebound and pitch like he did in 2000. He's pitching well in winter ball.

Harren also has nasty stuff, he's just young.

I think Cabrerra ends up in St. Louis for 6-7 million a year which is fine. I have no real clue about second base. Maybe Bo Hart ends up there.

You guys suck at first, C, and in the outfield (depending on who you get).

Smoltz is going to bomb in the rotation.  The guy is finished as a starter.

It's a nice pickup though.

163348[/snapback]

We suck at C where we have a guy there who hit 330 for most of the season? We suck 1B with a rookie who would've hit 25 HR if he wouldn't hurt his shoulder. He's an Olerud clone.

Smoltz will most likley win 20 games and he's got three good if not great years left.

Losing Thomas is a big blow to the OF.  We can't afford Drew, he's as good as gone.  And they were talking about trading Andruw.    :lol:

I love AOL more than I ever have!!!    :lol:

Stupid Ted Turner should be shot for selling this team to those faggots!

163387[/snapback]

Losing Thomas means nothing. Eli Marrero is a much better player and we have CF Jeff Francouer in AA. He's going to be an all-star.

funny you say that..Dan Meyer is one of the highest touted lefty's in the braves organization! Thomas is young and showed tons of talent in his time in the big leagues, and cruz has good numbers and era...Give Billy Beane some credit, HE knows what he's doing!! Cant say the same for you!! :lol:

163368[/snapback]

Dan Meyer wasn't even the third best LHP in the organization. Thomas showed NOTHING until his call up and has zero power. He's a utility OF at best but most likely will be a AAA retiree. Cruz is going to be a good middle reliever.

Essentially we traded a prospect and a middle reliever for a no.1 starter who has a really low salary this year and should re-sign with Atlanta as he's a local kid (Auburn).

Yeah, the Braves don't know what they are doing. :lol::P:):P:P

Who is your starting 9?

163342[/snapback]

C Johnny Estrada - All-star in his first full season.

1B Adam LaRoche (L) - A John Olerud clone with more power.

2B Marcus Giles - All-star.

3B Andy Marte (S) - Scouts have said he was Adrian Beltre with more power.

SS Rafael Furcal (S) - All star

LF Chipper Jones (S) - Still a tough out.

CF Andruw Jones - No better CF in the game (Sorry Jim Edmonds).

RF Jeff Francouer (S) - A 6-4 200 five tool talent who is rocketing through the minors.

Rotation -

John Smoltz

Tim Hudson

Mike Hampton (L)

John Thompson

Horacio Ramirez

Middle relief -

Jorge Vasquez

Chris Reitsma

Kevin Gryboski

Tom Martin (L)

Closer -

Danny Kolb

Solid but I'd like to have Chipper at 3B and Ordonez or Gonzalez in LF.

You've gotta be pretty bummed with your rotation now, TH.  John Halama, Schilling missing the start of the season, a 51 year old Wells.  Pretty grim.  Did you catch Petey's press conference today?

163362[/snapback]

I'm not bummed YET. Its still early but right now its not looking too good especially if this Randy Johnson to the Yankees gets finalized.

Schilling

Wells

Arroyo

Wakefield

Halama

Bullpen

Embree

Timlin

Mantei

Foulke

Bullpen is good but right now the rotation is lacking and we still need to either resign Varitek or get a JAG catcher and get a 2B. There is also the matter of both Kevin Millar and Doug Mientkiewicz wanting to play full time. Possibly Dave Roberts too. Theo has his work cut out for him.

I doubt Marte or Francouer are going to get called up. More than likely you are going to see Langerhans out there.

163891[/snapback]

Actually in an interview with JS yesterday he confirmed that both Marte and Francouer will be given shots to win everyday jobs due to their success at every level so far.

I think Francouer will outplay Langerhans who will most likely be a 4th or 5th OF rather than a starter I believe.

Pirates just traded for BJ Santiago!  Go Pirates!

/sarcasm

163567[/snapback]

Benny Santiago is still around? Damn. A couple of years ago when he was with the Giants some wag said "he looks like Carlos Santana's dad." :D

Actually in an interview with JS yesterday he confirmed that both Marte and Francouer will be given shots to win everyday jobs due to their success at every level so far.

I think Francouer will outplay Langerhans who will most likely be a 4th or 5th OF rather than a starter I believe.

164191[/snapback]

Francouer played A ball until he fractured his face, then played one month of AA ball batting .197. I doubt you are going to see him in a Braves uni before September. On the other hand, Langerhans hit .298 with 20 hr's in AAA this year. He could be our starting leftfielder this year. I saw him play at spring training last year, it was only a couple games but he seems to have the tools and the range.

Marte.....I could see it happening....