C Johnny Estrella

1B Adam LaRoche (L)

2B Marcus Giles

3B Chipper Jones (S)

SS Rafael Furcal (S)

LF Eli Marrero (S)

CF Andruw Jones

RF TBD

Their run has come to an end? Once they plug RF THEY HAVE IMPROVED OVER LAST YEAR and reduced payroll.

Are you nuts???

How did the Braves manage to give up a prospect, a failure and a JAG of the highest order for one of the premiere pitchers in baseball?  Does Schurlholtz use the jedi mind trick?

Oh and St. Louis' pitching STILL doesnt look so good BF.

163354[/snapback]

You've gotta be pretty bummed with your rotation now, TH. John Halama, Schilling missing the start of the season, a 51 year old Wells. Pretty grim. Did you catch Petey's press conference today?

How did the Braves manage to give up a prospect, a failure and a JAG of the highest order for one of the premiere pitchers in baseball?  Does Schurlholtz use the jedi mind trick?

163354[/snapback]

funny you say that..Dan Meyer is one of the highest touted lefty's in the braves organization! Thomas is young and showed tons of talent in his time in the big leagues, and cruz has good numbers and era...Give Billy Beane some credit, HE knows what he's doing!! Cant say the same for you!! :lol:

163354[/snapback]

St. Louis is desperately lacking pitching. I have a feeling that the A's are going to get rid of another pitcher though.

St. Louis fans are starting to get pissed, but the simple fact is that we don't have the payroll of the Yankees or Sox or even the Mets.

Baseball's monetary rules are so screwed up it's not funny.

gantrules will and should be pumped!!!

MLB

163310[/snapback]

Huh? What steal?

AOL won't re-sign him unless he's willing to work for pennies!!! :lol:

The Braves have become a joke since stupid Ted decided to sell them to that net company.

They can't remain competitive until Turner buys them back!

man, I am so psyched. Ready for April. Here we go boys....

Smoltz

Hudson

J. Thomson

M. Hampton

H. Ramirez

Closer Danny Kolb

whatta staff. Whatta staff.

Seriously, what did we lose? Charles Thomas? Juan Cruz? Two rookies, who have great upside potential but aren't ready yet.

Hudson is only 29 and he's ready to go now. And just think about how scary he's going to be under the tutilage of Leo Mazzone.

Yes, we still need two outfielders. But, look at what we've gained!!!

Holy crap, it's a great day.

163335[/snapback]

Losing Thomas is a big blow to the OF. We can't afford Drew, he's as good as gone. And they were talking about trading Andruw. :lol:

I love AOL more than I ever have!!! :lol:

Stupid Ted Turner should be shot for selling this team to those faggots!

You guys suck at first, C, and in the outfield (depending on who you get).

Smoltz is going to bomb in the rotation.  The guy is finished as a starter.

It's a nice pickup though.

163348[/snapback]

Sorry for the delay I was working.

Yeah, I know.

Our Catcher made the all star team this year.

LaRoche/Franco combined were the .280/19/102. Not bad for a platoon first team and LaRoche is coming along nicely. Expect .290/20/100 from him this year.

Our outfield has one member. Including the bench. Andy Jones. So, yes, we need some players. Right now speculation is Juan Gonzalez and Ryan Langerhans(minor leaguer).

Sorry for the delay I was working.

Yeah, I know.

Our Catcher made the all star team this year.

LaRoche/Franco combined were the .280/19/102. Not bad for a platoon first team and LaRoche is coming along nicely. Expect .290/20/100 from him this year.

Our outfield has one member. Including the bench. Andy Jones. So, yes, we need some players. Right now speculation is Juan Gonzalez and Ryan Langerhans(minor leaguer).

163393[/snapback]

Estrada made the All Star team? Well there aren't many good catchers, that must be it. What were his numbers?

Losing Thomas is a big blow to the OF.  We can't afford Drew, he's as good as gone.  And they were talking about trading Andruw.    :lol:

I love AOL more than I ever have!!!    :lol:

Stupid Ted Turner should be shot for selling this team to those faggots!

163387[/snapback]

A big blow? The guy had a decent half year. JS traded him when his value was high. I've got 20 bucks that says he ends up riding the pine as a back up by August. Mark my words.

They were "talking" about trading Andy. "talking". Has he been moved? No.

Everyone knew JD was gone anyways.

And as far as the assinine comments about attendance and how far we get in the playoffs? Kiss my ass...at least my team has been there 13 years in a row. Like a bunch of little girls.

Hey, BF, what's your GM doing with his finger up his ass?

A big blow? The guy had a decent half year. JS traded him when his value was high. I've got 20 bucks that says he ends up riding the pine as a back up by August. Mark my words.

And as far as the assinine comments about attendance and how far we get in the playoffs? Kiss my ass...at least my team has been there 13 years in a row. Like a bunch of little girls.

163404[/snapback]

.314/9/76.

163404[/snapback]

gantrules, unfortunately sports fans have been trained to believe its ALL or NOTHING, and in certian situations, that is sad. The Braves are a model of consistency and excellence in baseball, no matter how you slice it. If more teams would take a look at how they do things and follow their model, MLB would be more competitive across the board.

BF, this is a great deal for Atlanta. They still have a good team.

What are the Cards going to do now? I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm seriously curious. What's the word?

They lose out on Randy and Hudson and still have 2 big holes in the infield to fill (SS and C). Who are they targeting now? Mulder?