Fox news says Bin Laden is dead!

Steve O

I realize their the seals, the best of the best, but I'd love to know what's going through the mind of the guy that fired that bullet. It's not every day that you get to kill the most hated man in America.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron in Hell with your 72 virgins that look like Rosie O'Donnell. You earned it

Yeah, and This Week has gone south fast after that chick with a funny voice replaced Snuffleuffelgus.

That cadaver on CBS isn't very good either.

As much as people hate on Fox News, Fox News Sunday is currently the best of the bunch

Fox is absolutely the worst and most biased, opinionated news available. If you're of a hard right political ideology, then Fox is the place. If you simply want the news without their bias, spin, and opinion, and wish to form your own conclusions and thoughts from facts, you have to go elsewhere and from multiple sources, and not just cable news. But hey, it seems these days many Americans like to be 'told" what to believe no matter how much they themselves will suffer from the ideology of the right.

Politically speaking, to believe Fox is "fair and balanced", one has to first have a full frontal lobotomy.

I realize their the seals, the best of the best, but I'd love to know what's going through the mind of the guy that fired that bullet. It's not every day that you get to kill the most hated man in America.

Supposedly Osama was firing back so I think it was something along the lines of don't miss

Fox is absolutely the worst and most biased, opinionated news available. If you're of a hard right political ideology, then Fox is the place. If you simply want the news without their bias, spin, and opinion, and wish to form your own conclusions and thoughts from facts, you have to go elsewhere and from multiple sources, and not just cable news. But hey, it seems these days many Americans like to be 'told" what to believe no matter how much they themselves will suffer from the ideology of the right.

Politically speaking, to believe Fox is "fair and balanced", one has to first have a full frontal lobotomy.

But at least they're open about it, and don't pretend not to be like most other news sources.

Really, they all suck...but at least Fox doesn't pretend to not suck. And if you're a cynic like me, the humor factor with Fox is off the charts.

But at least they're open about it, and don't pretend not to be like most other news sources.

Really, they all suck...but at least Fox doesn't pretend to not suck. And if you're a cynic like me, the humor factor with Fox is off the charts.

Al Jazeera streaming is the best news site on the net, and their iPhone app streams their live feed in HD.

Now THERE is some balanced reporting. They dont tell you what to think. They show you the real, unedited images of what is actually happening (even if they are graphic), and let you form your own opinion.

Highly recommend that app if you are looking for a good resource for world news. Its free too.

Al Jazeera streaming is the best news site on the net, and their iPhone app streams their live feed in HD.

Now THERE is some balanced reporting. They dont tell you what to think. They show you the real, unedited images of what is actually happening (even if they are graphic), and let you form your own opinion.

Highly recommend that app if you are looking for a good resource for world news. Its free too.

When I heard the news this morning, the first place I went was the BBC. The second was al Jazeera.

I might check out FoxSnooze right now, just for the humor factor of the empty "USA! USA! USA!" cheerleading.

Supposedly Osama was firing back so I think it was something along the lines of don't miss

No, I mean after it was done. All I can picture is the classic post-superbowl Disney world commercial. "Navy Seal X, you've just shot and killed the most hated man in the world. What are you going to do next?"

Tom: What's your take on the manner in which the Pakistani authorities/govt was involved? I read that we didn't even tell them what was going down until it was over, which made it interesting to hear what Obama said during his speech. Is this pretty much a, "you guys are f-tards for allowing this guy to be holed up in your country, but we're going to be big enough to allow you to save face by indicating it was a cooperative effort"? I'm trying to figure out how much intel the Pakistanis provided, if anything.

Tom: What's your take on the manner in which the Pakistani authorities/govt was involved? I read that we didn't even tell them what was going down until it was over, which made it interesting to hear what Obama said during his speech. Is this pretty much a, "you guys are f-tards for allowing this guy to be holed up in your country, but we're going to be big enough to allow you to save face by indicating it was a cooperative effort"? I'm trying to figure out how much intel the Pakistanis provided, if anything.

I actually want more info before I comment on that. As of now, it strikes me you're right...but there's issues of Pakistani soverignty and international law and relations that are impacted adversely (potentially severely) by that. For example: if Pakistan "allowed" the op, even after the fact, their government basically chose to violate their own laws (e.g. he probably should have been arrested and extradited under Pakistani law). The best thing for the Pakistanis to do was probably to admit "We weren't informed" and issue a formal note of protest to the US ambassador, and then drop it - a pro forma defense of their soverign rights (and let's face it: we invaded Pakistan), tempered by the obvious fact that the means and ends were otherwise not a bad thing. As it is now, I expect Pakistan's going to have internal issues resulting from this - of course, Pakistan has internal issues resulting from simply being Pakistan, so what else is new?

Better yet, I think, would have been for our government to sit on the information for six months. "Oh, by the way...bin Laden's dead. We killed him six months ago. We confirmed it by DNA. I've got his head in a jar, if anyone wants to see the bullet hole." Not that sitting on this info is even remotely practical - but minimizing the significance of his death would reduce a lot of the bull **** surrounding it, much of which does not come back to us in a very good form.

I hope they bulldoze the compound in short order, too. And then lay a minefield; it's going to be a goddamned shrine for every jihadist to pilgramage to.

Guest three3

the spirit of osama lives on..got a trojan from clicking various links detailing his death

I actually want more info before I comment on that. As of now, it strikes me you're right...but there's issues of Pakistani soverignty and international law and relations that are impacted adversely (potentially severely) by that. For example: if Pakistan "allowed" the op, even after the fact, their government basically chose to violate their own laws (e.g. he probably should have been arrested and extradited under Pakistani law). The best thing for the Pakistanis to do was probably to admit "We weren't informed" and issue a formal note of protest to the US ambassador, and then drop it - a pro forma defense of their soverign rights (and let's face it: we invaded Pakistan), tempered by the obvious fact that the means and ends were otherwise not a bad thing. As it is now, I expect Pakistan's going to have internal issues resulting from this - of course, Pakistan has internal issues resulting from simply being Pakistan, so what else is new?

Better yet, I think, would have been for our government to sit on the information for six months. "Oh, by the way...bin Laden's dead. We killed him six months ago. We confirmed it by DNA. I've got his head in a jar, if anyone wants to see the bullet hole." Not that sitting on this info is even remotely practical - but minimizing the significance of his death would reduce a lot of the bull **** surrounding it, much of which does not come back to us in a very good form.

I hope they bulldoze the compound in short order, too. And then lay a minefield; it's going to be a goddamned shrine for every jihadist to pilgramage to.

Interesting...I heard the Obama speech before I heard many details about the operation (same as most everyone else, I guess), so when some of these specifics started being released it really contrasted with Obama basically saying "it's a great day for both the United States AND Pakistan", and seemingly being willing to share the credit with them. I haven't really heard any of the news sources discuss this discrepancy, so I was curious about your take on the matter.

Those Navy SEALS are badass :thumbsup:

As much as we would like to see Osama bin Laden's body ground up and fed to pigs, the USA still has to walk the fine line. We can't be seen as defiling his body. Yes, a group of Iraqis defiled the bodies of US security personnel. We all saw the videos. But they weren't the US government. We have to look respectful to Muslim practices even while taking out this piece of human filth.

Dumping his body now eliminates any issues with the bin Laden family asking for his remains and giving him any respect in a funeral service back in Saudi Arabia. I'd be willing to bet an embedded reporter (or several) witnessed the events. There are probably plenty videos and photos shown to officials with high security clearances. Sorry but Donald Trump and Sarah Palin don't qualify.

PTR

Well put. Is it me, or has anyone else felt like all the celebrations in DC and NYC seem over the top? To me it would seem greater on our (US) behalf to act "higher" than how other countries / factions would act in reverse.

With everything I've been reading today this is my take on it right now.

CNN's Nick Paton Walsh reports, citing a senior Pakistani intelligence official, that members of Pakistan's intelligence service - the ISI - were on site in Abbotabad, Pakistan, during the operation that killed Osama bin Laden.

I assume that Pakistani intelligence - the guys who created the Taleban, and to whom al Qaeda provides fighters for operations against India in the Kashmir, weren't on-site during the operation helping out the SEALS... <_<