Life long Yankee fan....going to Yankee Stadium for the first time...

The Poojer

The new stadium is very nice. The outer hall is impressive with the flags of the immortals.

Go early and do a stadium tour if they're available.

It really is. You definitely should go to Monument Park, also. A trip to Stan's before the game never hurts, either!

stadium opens at 11, we get to the city around 830...so our plan is to get in there to see BP and monument park

The new stadium is very nice. The outer hall is impressive with the flags of the immortals.

Go early and do a stadium tour if they're available.

Enjoy...its a nice stadium. I've only been a few times as compared with hundreds at the old stadium.

I miss the old stadium. It had soul.

I agree. The crowd is not as loud or into it at the new one.

Enjoy...its a nice stadium. I've only been a few times as compared with hundreds at the old stadium.

It's for this reason that I really appreciate that the Red Sox owners decided to renovate/add on to Fenway rather than build some new monolith.

Sadly that's just a sign of the times. You can the same thing about any stadium/arena throughout any of the different leagues

That's generally true, I think. But, my two times to the new stadium so far have been for Game 6 of the 2009 World Series. It was great, but I thought for the clinching game of the World Series it would be crazier than it was.

And, then last summer I went to Oldtimer's Weekend vs. the Rays. Maybe it was the 95 degree crazy humidity horrible heat, but the crowds were just not into it. And, these were the two top teams in baseball at the time..........On the flight home, we were flying JetBlue, so I watched the Sunday Night Baseball game - it was the Cubs at home in Wrigley vs. the Phils I think...............The Cubs were totally out of the race already, but their fans were into it like it was Game 7 of the NLCS. I was actually jealous.

Amen. I have seen hundreds of games at Yankee Stadium and the old stadium was electric. I was a bleacher creature. In 1996 and before bleacher tickets did not go on sale until 4:00 game day. It was general admission and $6.00. I even saw double headers for $6. The action in the bleachers usually was more entertaining then the game. Now it is way too corporate and shiny for me. Hard Rock is the biggest rip off. 2 shots jagermeister $24.00, 1 Makers Mark Rocks $14.00, 1 Bud $7.35, Tax $4.02= $49.37. And it is a shame they priced out the real Yankee fans to sell out to a bunch of lifeless yuppies. It saddens me to see no one sitting behind home plate because real Yankees fans can't afford them. I digress

Pooj- I hope you had a great time at the game. Sorry I didn't see this thread before. I hope they Yanks won

Amen. I have seen hundreds of games at Yankee Stadium and the old stadium was electric. I was a bleacher creature. In 1996 and before bleacher tickets did not go on sale until 4:00 game day. It was general admission and $6.00. I even saw double headers for $6. The action in the bleachers usually was more entertaining then the game. Now it is way too corporate and shiny for me. Hard Rock is the biggest rip off. 2 shots jagermeister $24.00, 1 Makers Mark Rocks $14.00, 1 Bud $7.35, Tax $4.02= $49.37. And it is a shame they priced out the real Yankee fans to sell out to a bunch of lifeless yuppies. It saddens me to see no one sitting behind home plate because real Yankees fans can't afford them. I digress

Pooj- I hope you had a great time at the game. Sorry I didn't see this thread before. I hope they Yanks won

No, you don't digress. That is exactly the issue. You watch any Fenway game and all those TV seats are totally full. You watch a Yankee home game, and they are half full at best. It looks horrible. It really detracts from the excitement level when you see the best seats looking like that.