So who here is a prison guard?

Booster4324

Link

BUFFALO, N.Y. – Talk about a role-reversal: Two New York jail guards are in trouble after an inmate stepped in to break up their fight over food.

Erie County Undersheriff Mark Wipperman says both corrections officers are suspended with pay after what he calls an "embarrassment."

I grew up 3 miles from Attica so I knew a lot of guards. Terrible job.

I've heard people say it's a high stress job, etc. What makes it a terrible job? Seems like they don't have that much to do, really.

I've heard people say it's a high stress job, etc. What makes it a terrible job? Seems like they don't have that much to do, really.

Yeah you're right. Guarding people sentences to a maxiumum security prison sounds like a great gig. :rolleyes:

Yeah you're right. Guarding people sentences to a maxiumum security prison sounds like a great gig. :rolleyes:

I've actually been in this Alden prison, to do some community service work, and the prisoners were very nice and the guards were aholes.......I'm sure that's the way it has to be. I think the prisoners have to be on their best behavior to participate with us, but the guards didn't have to treat us like aholes, though I'm sure they have to treat the prisoners like that, so they know who is boss.

Half my high school is prison guards, and I've never really heard them complain about the stress (although none of my real closest friends are prison guards). However, a friend of mine was telling me about his friend, who was having all kinds of stress problems, and that it was considered one of the most stressful jobs you can have. That was the first I ever heard of that.