Mallet Rumors on the web

There are a lot of "Bills Take Mallet at #34" rumors floating around the web right now.

I can see the rationale for us taking him, let him spend a season or 2 developing, stay with Fitz, etc.

However, I can really see Belechik spreading that rumor in the hopes that it will increase the value of his pick at 33 in hopes that he can rape yet another team in trade down.

After all, "the best lies contain 90% truth."

Cynical? Perhaps, but honestly, who defines that word better than Belechik?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I want Mallet and I think there is a possibility here that there is some truth to the rumors. I can also see the logic in NE possibly being the source of the rumors to entice a trade out of the spot. However I really think NE may go with Bowers here and isn't looking to trade down. They can afford to gamble on what many feel is one of the 3 best players in the draft with all the picks they have.

I want Mallet and I think there is a possibility here that there is some truth to the rumors. I can also see the logic in NE possibly being the source of the rumors to entice a trade out of the spot. However I really think NE may go with Bowers here and isn't looking to trade down. They can afford to gamble on what many feel is one of the 3 best players in the draft with all the picks they have.

I too feel that New England is going to jump on Bowers and not trade out of 33. Then we can see who wants Dalton, Mallet, or Kapernick. I am thinking we are going to take Kyle Rudolph,