[ot] the greatest christmas gift you have received

millbank

I am a huge Arizona State football fan and in Christmas of 96 I got a bowl of roses from my parents. I thought it was a really crue joke because they knew that I really wanted to go watch Jake the Snake play Ohio State, but when I looked inside the box the bowl came in there were two tickets to the Rose Bowl...my dad and I flew to CA and had the time of our lives even though a squib kick and the prevent defense let that 'roid head David Boston catch a game winning TD which cost ASU the national title.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite gift came from my husband about four years ago--our dog Jake. One of the things that makes it my favorite gift is the fact that when we met Rich told me that he didn't like dogs. I always had dogs as a child and would have a huge kennel of dogs if space and time and money permitted. Not long after we met in 1987 my dog passed away. Being a full time college student and working full time I did not have the time to take care of a dog. As soon as I got my own apartment I wanted to get a dog; again I decided to wait because I worked such long hours that I knew I wouldn't have the time to committ to an animal. Once Rich moved in with me, I again mentioned wanting a dog and again he reminded me that he did NOT like dogs--bad childhood memory of a dog killing his cats.

Imagine my surprise Christmas morning 2000 when I open an envelope and it is a gift certificate for the SPCA so that I can go and pick out my very own dog!!! Not only did he remember that I wanted a dog but he knew that I wanted to adopt one from a shelter instead of buying one from a pet store.

The real irony of this story is that now he loves his furry son!

One of the best gifts i have ever gotten was an aluminum hockey stick back when i was about 12 when they were all the rage...i was so happy to get that...

i still havent ever got that single gift that absolutely knocks your socks off with thoughtfulness...

My favorite gift came from my husband about four years ago--our dog Jake.  One of the things that makes it my favorite gift is the fact that when we met Rich told me that he didn't like dogs.  I always had dogs as a child and would have a huge kennel of dogs if space and time and money permitted.  Not long after we met in 1987 my dog passed away.  Being a full time college student and working full time I did not have the time to take care of a dog.  As soon as I got my own apartment I wanted to get a dog; again I decided to wait because I worked such long hours that I knew I wouldn't have the time to committ to an animal.  Once Rich moved in with me, I again mentioned wanting a dog and again he reminded me that he did NOT like dogs--bad childhood memory of a dog killing his cats. 

Imagine my surprise Christmas morning 2000 when I open an envelope and it is a gift certificate for the SPCA so that I can go and pick out my very own dog!!!  Not only did he remember that I wanted a dog but he knew that I wanted to adopt one from a shelter instead of buying one from a pet store. 

The real irony of this story is that now he loves his furry son!

164817[/snapback]

Oh, come on, now. Tell the REAL story:

My wife ordered me to get her a dog, saying something to the effect of, "If you don't get me a dog for Christmas, I'll kick your sorry a**, punk!"

If I would've known I could've killed two birds with one (diamond) stone, I would've proposed for Xmas instead of the middle of summer! :o

The only downfall to that is if you don't get married she doens't have to give the ring back. If you give it on a national holiday it's a gift but if you give it on a normal day and break up you can get it back. I knew all that People's Court in college would pay off one day... :lol:

The only downfall to that is if you don't get married she doens't have to give the ring back.  If you give it on a national holiday it's a gift but if you give it on a normal day and break up you can get it back.  I knew all that People's Court in college would pay off one day... :o

164855[/snapback]

Alright, who gave rainman internet access?

Oh, come on, now.  Tell the REAL story:

My wife ordered me to get her a dog, saying something to the effect of, "If you don't get me a dog for Christmas, I'll kick your sorry a**, punk!"

164844[/snapback]

my...how touching, brings a tear to the eye....

Guest Guest_BillsFan_*

:devil: Getting home from Vietnam

Getting married

Son # 1 Getting married

Son # 2 getting out of jail

our grandaughter

(not all in the same year)