[ot] the greatest christmas gift you have received

millbank

Yep. that was me.  ;)

Now that I think about it, that was probably the worst gift I ever got.

I wasted more time playing those games.  :rolleyes:

I will not give my kids one.

163118[/snapback]

and the versions of the arcade games for the 2600 were, for the most part, atrocious.

Before that we had a TelStar system with 4 "Pong type" games plus the gun for skeet shooting.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and the versions of the arcade games for the 2600 were, for the most part, atrocious.

Before that we had a TelStar system with 4 "Pong type" games plus the gun for skeet shooting.

163138[/snapback]

I rememeber getting the actual original 'Pong' game for xmas :rolleyes:

The gift I got today at work ranks right up there. One of the girls that I work with knows someone in Jim Kelly's extended family in the Attica/Alexander area so she hooked me up with an autographed football. I still have a big sh*t-eating grin on my face. :rolleyes:

The gift I got today at work ranks right up there.  One of the girls that I work with knows someone in Jim Kelly's extended family in the Attica/Alexander area so she hooked me up with an autographed football.  I still have a big sh*t-eating grin on my face. :rolleyes:

163204[/snapback]

If you're talking Attica/Alexander it would be Jill's family...

cool, though.

My parents still have my old Pong in their attic. I'm pretty sure it still works too because I remember testing it out on a tv a few years ago.

163759[/snapback]

Yep - the Pong is still in my parents basement - along with a ton of other orignal toys from when I was a kid - most of them are broken or missing pieces but I swear my Dad thinks he's going to get rich selling them some day :D There definitely are a lot of classics down there though.

The best part is when they bring out all the old toys for the grandkids and you look at them and you can't believe what a blatant safety hazard most of them are - sharp edges, choking hazards - it amazes you how you survived your childhood :lol:

I gave Daytona 500 tickets to my dad the year Big E hit the wall and past on. Of course he had to take me with him so yes i was there for that. But man he wouldnt stop crying for days when i gave him those tickets.That wa sone of his big dreams to go there and Taladega. Needless to say we go every year to daytona now lol

Thanks I needed to remember this especially now.

I've been so bad I'm feeling guilty.

Many years ago Larry asked me to go to a jewelry store with his best friend. Jim was going to ask his woman to be is second bride after being a widower for 8 years.  While looking in the display case I saw this ring and mentioned it to Jim.  I know this isn't what we are looking for but isn't that heart shaped red ruby that has a setting like a flower pretty. That was in June and that Christmas the last box I opened was a pair of slippers with a ring box in the toe of the right slipper. I wondered why he wanted me to try them on. There was the ring and it was sized to fit.  I have worn it everyday since his death 5 years ago Dec 10th.

163137[/snapback]

Bless you Cindy.

This sorta applies.

Back in 1980, I asked my Mother for "something homemade" for Christmas.  So, she made a collage with images symbolic of things I liked to do then or things that happened to me ("a late bus", since I had problems catching the school bus on time).  I have had the collage ever since.  About a year ago, I decided to get the collage framed.  I had this done before she came over to visit.  So, I showed her the framed collage that she had given me nearly 25 years ago.  When she saw it, she started to cry.  She couldn't believe I still had it!  I'll neve get rid of it.

162833[/snapback]

Who framed it??????????????