Lets just hope TD drafts Nugent

Rudyc80

I don't think the Bills coaching staff is sold on Lindell. The longest attempt he's had this year was when they called a time out to pull the fake QB sneak that ended up being a pitchback to McGahee for a touichdown. Lindell actually looked very good in making a 48 yarder that didn't count.

I don't think they draft a kicker as high as Nugent is likely to go though.

I agree with the people who say the coaching staff doesnt have confidence in Lindell. Perfect example: The opening drive of the NE game. We stall at the 33 yard line of NE. Instead of attempting the 50 yarder, we punt. We send Lindell out there and what happens if he makes it? Different result? who knows, probably not, but I guess we'll never know since MM doesnt want him kicking from over 45 yards. It will be pathetic if his season long FG remains at 43 yds. He is still going to cost us a game this season, I just know it.

He is still going to cost us a game this season, I just know it.

162933[/snapback]

He HAS cost us games!!!

Remember our 0-4 start? We lost 3 of those games by a total of 8 points!

8 POINTS!!!!

I'm pretty sure having a Kicker who could possibly make a FG from over 45 (without perfect wind and a prayer), and actually be accurate from 40-45, he could have gotten us over 8 points in 3 games.

People totally underestimate what a good kicker can do for us.

In my opinion, when a team doesn't attempt FGs that are longer than 48 yards, it shows that a coaching staff doesn't have confidence in their kicker.

We had a chance for a 54 (i believe) this year, and the announcers question us not kicking it.

You know, as well as I do, that the ball wouldn't have come CLOSE to making it.

162686[/snapback]

Do you mean the 53 yarder we tried in Seattle? Plenty of leg but went wide left. Fortunately we drew a "leaping" penalty on the play which resulted in a first down...

He HAS cost us games!!!

Remember our 0-4 start?  We lost 3 of those games by a total of 8 points!

8 POINTS!!!!

I'm pretty sure having a Kicker who could possibly make a FG from over 45 (without perfect wind and a prayer), and actually be accurate from 40-45, he could have gotten us over 8 points in 3 games.

People totally underestimate what a good kicker can do for us.

162952[/snapback]

Show me where we got close enough for said kicker. Yes, Lindell missed the 42 yarder that would have potentially resulted in overtime in game 1, but that was the only time I can think of that we were actually in a < 50 yard FG try situation in those games...

One of tehse days, lindell will cost us.....we need nugent ASAP!

The only problem is....TD doesnt seem to value kickers....at all so the chances of getting this guy are slim unless we can steal him in teh 3rd round! :rolleyes:

162620[/snapback]

Although Nugent would be an upgrade, I would still like our offensive line to use the improvement especially at center.

I really do that if they didn't have confidence in their kicker they would get rid of him. Cap hit doesn't really matter. If you don't want the guy their then you dump him. He is a kicker afterall he can't make that much money.

Show me where we got close enough for said kicker.  Yes, Lindell missed the 42 yarder that would have potentially resulted in overtime in game 1, but that was the only time I can think of that we were actually in a < 50 yard FG try situation in those games...

162961[/snapback]

Game Books only have snap position.

JAX:

Missed from Jax 24

Punted from Jax 38 (53 yarder?) Nugent can make those

Oakland:

Punt from Oak 37

Jets:

Punt from the 37

50+ yard field goals win games!! If you can get a kicker that can make those kicks, you get him. It's like havning a QB who can drive you down the field with under two minutes left, or a WR who can make that big catch over the middle to get a first down, or a RB who can find a hole that isn't there to get an extra yard. It's important!

JAX:

Missed from Jax 24

Punted from Jax 38 (53 yarder?) Nugent can make those

Oakland:

Punt from Oak 37

Jets:

Punt from the 37

Yep. Exactly. He makes those 3 50+ yarders (a stretch even for a good kicker), and we beat the jets and go to OT vs. Oakland and Jax.

Instead of 7-6, we would be at least 8-5 and possibly 10-3 right now. You tell me Lindell is a good kicker.

Yep.  Exactly.  He makes those 3 50+ yarders (a stretch even for a good kicker), and we beat the jets and go to OT vs. Oakland and Jax.

Instead of 7-6, we would be at least 8-5 and possibly 10-3 right now.  You tell me Lindell is a good kicker.

163009[/snapback]

The point is, Nugent isn't just an upgrade, he is a damn good kicker. He would be one of the best in the league. I"m not saying he would make a 50 plus yard kick every time he tries, but he would get many of them.

The Bills could Trade Travis for a late first rounder and then draft Ted, errr, Mike.

Or...

They could draft a serious pass rusher or a top notch offensive lineman which are greater needs. But don't put it past MM to make a run at Nugent.