Bang the Table

On NFL Network "path to the draft" Mayock was asked what Buffalo should do at # 3 if Carolina has taken Newton, and Buffalo is looking at Darius-Miller-Peterson or Blane Gabbert

While Ryan Fitzpatrick is good (Mayock thinks Fitz is a good QB), If Buffalo coaches are not 100% convinced that Gabbert can be a "franchise" QB ...then they draft Von Miller with that #3, If he is gone at 2 by Denver then its either AJ Green or Marcel Darius

Mayock states that he would "bang the table" for his top four players, if your drafting at #3 you had better get one of them, Darius-Peterson-Von Miller-AJ Green because they are the best four players in the draft. I concur :D

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On NFL Network "path to the draft" Mayock was asked what Buffalo should do at # 3 if Carolina has taken Newton, and Buffalo is looking at Darius-Miller-Peterson or Blane Gabbert

While Ryan Fitzpatrick is good (Mayock thinks Fitz is a good QB), If Buffalo coaches are not 100% convinced that Gabbert can be a "franchise" QB ...then they draft Von Miller with that #3, If he is gone at 2 by Denver then its either AJ Green or Marcel Darius

Mayock states that he would "bang the table" for his top four players, if your drafting at #3 you had better get one of them, Darius-Peterson-Von Miller-AJ Green because they are the best four players in the draft. I concur :D

In regards to AJ Green, I could see this...Someone in the "update" thread said it would spell trouble for Roscoe, but I think it would spell more trouble for Lee Evans. Gailey has come out and said that he (Gailey) needed to do a better job with Lee...I kind of got the feeling that Chan is starting to view Lee as a deep threat ONLY receive whereas Roscoe is a deep threat, and a good over the middle receiver...

Edited by Kevin

In regards to AJ Green, I could see this...Someone in the "update" thread said it would spell trouble for Roscoe, but I think it would spell more trouble for Lee Evans. Gailey has come out and said that he (Gailey) needed to do a better job with Lee...I kind of got the feeling that Chan is starting to view Lee as a deep threat ONLY receive whereas Roscoe is a deep threat, and a good over the middle receiver...

AJ Green would spell trouble for any receiver at the bottom of the depth chart. However, Lee appears to be a guy that could be gone at the end of the 2011 season one way or the other.

You can get arrested for that. Bang the table

We have a glut of receivers. Marcus Easley ring a bell? Drafting a WR, no matter how good, is the definition of a luxury pick that we can't afford.

PTR

Tell me if I got this right, our receivers are so good that you would pass on AJ Green? Is it that you don't think he is better than our current WOs or that you don't want a WO you are attached to getting traded or cut?

Tell me if I got this right, our receivers are so good that you would pass on AJ Green? Is it that you don't think he is better than our current WOs or that you don't want a WO you are attached to getting traded or cut?

Lee Evans, AJ Green, and Stevie Johnson would be a great trio. Nelson, Easley, whatever. Those guys are nothing noteworthy.

I agree Green would be great to have...but our WRs are not the worst in the league, OUR DEFENSE IS!!!

PTR

Banging the table. And yet another euphemism for "spank the monkey" is born.

You can bet that while every other team is sitting around "banging their tables" Buddy will be busy stocking this team with future All Pros.

GO BILLS!!!

We have a glut of receivers. Marcus Easley ring a bell? Drafting a WR, no matter how good, is the definition of a luxury pick that we can't afford.

PTR

No he doesn't, guess I missed all the plays he made last year. My point being, if the Bills think that AJ Green is an elite WR, they shouldn't let a 4th round WR who played zero plays last year curtail that selection.

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson