Update

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My draft scenarios from best to worst...

1. We trade down 2 or 3 spots get an extra 2nd and 3rd rounder’s and draft Cam Jordan.

2. Newton and Miller are gone and we draft Marcell Dareus

3. Dareus and Miller are gone and we have no draft partners we draft Patrick Peterson. (I have no problem drafting him just not my favorite selection @#3)

1,000,000 We pick a QB #3

1,000,001 We trade back up into round #1 and draft a QB.

Guest three3

Has anyone considered the possibility Cam Newton would hold out if drafted by the Bills? He could pull and Elway and simply refuse to sign with us.

PTR

i posted that about a month ago and no one on this board wanted to read it.

Thank you as always never give up! It is interesting that the Bills like Green. I too believe he might be best player in draft. But there is a log jam at WR now- Evans, Johnson, Parrish, Easley, Jones, Nelson, Roosevelt. This is an area of strength for Buffalo. As is, cuts will be tough and there is a possibility we keep 6 WR's. No doubt Green would be our #1 WR. But who goes? Do we try and trade Evans? And if draft Green and keep Evans we are loaded at WR

LOL..only way spiller had a chance was trade Lynch during the off season...and actually give him 20-25 touch per-game....not 5-10 touches....

I was just kidding with you a bit...I still hope Spiller turns into the great Player he can be...But I think he is an example of what can happen if you say "sure-fire" and stuff like that...I know there were a TON of Folks saying Spiller would be the Offensive Rookie of the Year last year and he did not sniff it...The truth is the NFL is a mans League and sometimes you have to wait, even for the great ones to grow into the League...I don't think there are any sure things in this Draft...I think Dareus would be the closest to a sure-thing though... B-)

btw....schefter is reporting that denver will take von miller

RELIABILITY METER (#1 is best.......#14 is worst)

#1- nevergiveup

#2- BuffaloATL

#3- kelly blue book

#4- farmers almanac

#5- nostradamus

#6- TMZ

#7- punxsutawney phil

#8- weatherman

#9- economist

#10- ESPN Insiders

#11- psychic

#12- momma pecoraro

#13- Thurman Thomas

#14- Skooby and sources deep within

:D :D :D very funny friend!!

Thanks again for the insight. I really hope we don't take Newton. I don't see much difference between any of the QB's in this draft. There are no sure things with any of the QB's as they all have signifigant question marks. As Parcells said on ESPN last night, "John Elway is not on the board." Also, if we draft a QB he will most likely be sitting for a year, or struggle as most rookie QB's do--thus we would have drafted another player with a top pick that will not be an instant impact player. I'd rather take an immediate impact player. If both defensive players on the Bills board are gone, take Green. We would have an outstanding receiver corp that would open up running lanes for CJ and Jackson. Fitz could throw for 300 yards a game, and we can get trade Evans if Easly plays well in camp/preseason. We can then take defense from 2-7. As Parcells (and many others on this board have pointed out) this draft is extremly deep with defensive talent, no need to reach for one in the 1st round or take a QB in my opinion.

Thank you as always never give up! It is interesting that the Bills like Green. I too believe he might be best player in draft. But there is a log jam at WR now- Evans, Johnson, Parrish, Easley, Jones, Nelson, Roosevelt. This is an area of strength for Buffalo. As is, cuts will be tough and there is a possibility we keep 6 WR's. No doubt Green would be our #1 WR. But who goes? Do we try and trade Evans? And if draft Green and keep Evans we are loaded at WR

No worries. Trade Evans, and we are still loaded. This will force teams to back off the run, and may give Spiller the space he seemingly needs to best utilize his moves. If we take Green and he lives up to the hype, we are looking at a young WR corp that can enable us to use Spiller and another average RB after Jackson retires and still put up 30 pts per game. (not to mention the damage the WR's themselves can do to the defenses).

You didn't post a link.... figures. You don't really look at mock drafts do you. Most of the draft experts like Kiper that have Newton graded as a mid first round pick also have him being drafted #1 overall by Carolina because they are desperate!

if he goes in the top 3 its because the team that drafts him that high either has bad talent evaluators-HC-GM, they are outright desperate for a QB, they want to sell tickets or all three.

How exactly is Maybin an awful comparison, he was a one year wonder at Penn St just like Newton was at Auburn. Maybin had only one great ability and that was his burst off the line and running the arc, the kid has speed which you can't teach and he put on 20 lbs of muscle from the end of the season to the combine. Everything he did up to the draft was all the right moves, saying the right things and talking the talk. I'd say Maybin is a perfect example of a team reaching for a project because of his great physical ability. Maybin needed to learn more then his one move in pass rushing, he needed to learn cover skills to play OLB. He was drafted because he was thought to be a great pass rusher, so far after 2 years he has zero sacks.

Maybin was actually a much better prospect because he had a much cleaner background, he doesn't have any character issues like Newton has. Some GM's have openly stated they don't even have Newton on their draft board because of his character issues.

Maybin was a reach by a head coach deperate for a pass rusher. Buddy Nix will not draft a player based soley on need or to sell tickets. You should be happy about that. Everyone is capable of missing on a player. But Nix will only go by his evaluation.

Maybin may have had a clean record, but there is no comparison from an ability standpoint. Newton would probably be a better defensive end than Maybin if they lined him up there tomorrow.

Maybin was a reach by a head coach deperate for a pass rusher. Buddy Nix will not draft a player based soley on need or to sell tickets. You should be happy about that. Everyone is capable of missing on a player. But Nix will only go by his evaluation.

Maybin may have had a clean record, but there is no comparison from an ability standpoint. Newton would probably be a better defensive end than Maybin if they lined him up there tomorrow.

It's true, cam -bigger, stronger, faster.

Maybins first step is a huge draft myth perpetuated by harveys very own mock draft creators. If the guys with the mocks were so good, they would be doing it for a team.

Hey Harvey Lives, are you bored or something? Do you have nothing else to do aside from rehashing boring arguments? NGU came on to give insight, not to argue with some guy who just wants to argue (aggressively) for the sake of arguing.

BTW, comparing a DE prospect to a QB prospect is silly.

Thanks U. He is of course entitled to his opinion. I am just trying to give him some additional insight. Not trying to change his mind. There are clearly varying positions on Newton and with good reason. I do not agree though that the comparisons to Maybin are appropriate. He is so unique physically for his position, I go back to there not being any really good parallels.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks U. He is of course entitled to his opinion. I am just trying to give him some additional insight. Not trying to change his mind. There are clearly varying positions on Newton and with good reason. I do not agree though that the comparisons to Maybin are appropriate. He is so unique physically for his position, I go back to there not being any really good parallels.

Any insight on Ponder?

To expand that thought a bit, do you happen to have any info on the Bills feelings on any of the 2nd tier QB's?

Or even if a late round QB is a possibility if one isn't taken at #3?

And to expand on that even more, can you tell me if I'm "hot" or "cold" when I predict that the Bills will try to trade into the end of Round 1 to take Kaepernick (and that the Ponder Love is a smokescreen)?

Mike Mayock graded Newtons performance for the NC game and gave him a "C", some bad reads and throws, but everyone seems to have forgotten that the coaches called a play at the end of that game and Newton changed the play, almost fumbled the ball away....he could have lost that game for them.

Auburn coaches were very upset at Newton after that play.

Dear Delusional,

You seen to be under the impression that NGU is actually Buddy Nix. In fact, he is a poster who is kind enough to stop in at this board and provide us with insights that we would otherwise not be privy to. Why, in your pathetic need to somehow show off to board full of strangers, you have chosen to act as if picking an argument with NGU will change the Bills' draft process, I will never understand (being a person of sound mind myself). Personally, I don't care much for Newton as a person, but I don't see how screaming about it online will make a difference, nor am I foolish enough to think anyone here really cares about my feelings. Please grow up and learn to shut your mouth. Your slurry of unsolicited aggressive responses lessens other peoples' ability to enjoy the board.

To NGU:

What I would like to hear from NGU is if he has any ideas about the 2nd and 3rd rds of the draft. Has the brass considered that if we go Miller/Dareus in the 1st rd, we would use he 2nd pick for a TE like Rudolph or another QB they like (I like Kaepernick, but that's irrelevant), or is that really not on their radar? Thanks for your time. Always glad to see you post.