Verge of Utter Failure List

Sweet, 7 current and former Bills on the top 25 list...

24) Cornell Green, Buffalo Bills Tackle

23) Sammy Morris, New England Patriots

19) Brian Brohm, Buffalo Bills Quarterback

17) Trent Edwards, Jacksonville Jaguars

14) Aaron Maybin, Buffalo Bills Linebacker

12) Willis McGahee, Baltimore Ravens

9) Lee Evans, Buffalo Bills Wide Receiver

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/670235-2011-nfl-25-players-on-the-verge-of-utter-failure-in-2011#/articles/670235-2011-nfl-25-players-on-the-verge-of-utter-failure-in-2011/page/13

Other than Evans and Morris, what a bunch of chumps. I think that none of us want to even realize how important this draft is to this franchise considering where they are picking. Please no more chumps, no more surfer dudes, and no more "cool" haircuts.

Uh oh, it just occurred to me that Nix and Gailey will officially be on this list if they get cute with their top 4 (top 100) picks...

Donahoe/Williams - failed

Levy/Jauron - failed

Nix/Gailey - on the verge of failure????

Seriously, if these guys screw up this draft with such high picks then it will be yet another crushing failure and blow to this once proud franchise.

I.E. what's failure? Either picking Gabbert, or giving away pick #99 to move up into the first and blow a 1st round pick on Ponder.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/670235-2011-nfl-25-players-on-the-verge-of-utter-failure-in-2011#/articles/670235-2011-nfl-25-players-on-the-verge-of-utter-failure-in-2011/page/13

Other than Evans and Morris, what a bunch of chumps. I think that none of us want to even realize how important this draft is to this franchise considering where they are picking. Please no more chumps, no more surfer dudes, and no more "cool" haircuts.

And yet, there's "no way the Bills might consider trading Lee Evans." :ph34r:

http://bleacherrepor...in-2011/page/13

Other than Evans and Morris, what a bunch of chumps.

I really think this piece is mistitled and maybe misconceived - really unfair and disrespectful to some of the players listed in the top 25.

It's a mix of players who have never found their feet at all in the NFL (like Aaron Maybin and Brian Brohm), players who had their chance and never lived up to potential (Cornell Green, Trent Edwards), and players who have had long, respectable or even stellar NFL careers which may be coming to an honorable and natural end as the players wind up more than a decade of success, including playoffs and superbowl rings: Jake Delhomme, Donovan McNabb, Carson Palmer, Fred Taylor, Hines Ward, Donald Driver, Tony Gonzalez.

These guys have played their hearts out and done well and do NOT deserve to be listed under a heading like

"25 Players on the Verge of Utter Failure in 2011"

or listed in the same article with the likes of Brohm, Maybin, Green, and Edwards. Brohm and Edwards would likely give their left nuts for a career like Delhome, McNabb or Palmer. Green isn't fit to hold Flozell Adams jock. Gonzalez and "utter failure" don't belong in the same building, much less same article.

I get the point that these players are fading, why not do an article titled something like "twilight zone" on players at the end of their career and a "utter fail" article on the guys who never had a career?

That article was absolute garbage.