51 years and 49 more losses than wins

I had season tickets while I lived in Buffalo. I bought their merchandise for myself and my kids. I tailgated before and after games. I have followed them all these years knowing that the evidence is overwhelming that the owner was more interested in making as many bucks as possible without any regard for the fans who added to his wealth. Finally, the last few years, I have begun to realize that the way the organization is mismanaged means that the odds are extremely slim that this team will ever win a Super Bowl.

There have been a small number of seasons where good, knowledgeable football people were hired (before they were known to be great) and they brought in enough really good players to have a strong team for a few years. But the organization showed that it was not committed to keep solid staff members or star players, so most of the Bills seasons have been studies in mediocrity. I keep hoping that one of those accidental eras occurs, where enough of the right people end up in Buffalo and a competitive Bills team is again representing it's fans.

Therefore, I am sacrificing this calf, sheep and goat on the alter of fire, begging the football gods for something to cheer about.

Actually, I'm barbequing during the days leading up to the draft, so that even if I'm frustrated by the choices the organization makes, my buddies and I can eat and drink like it's a celebration. Anyway, the football gods have had it in for us ever since O.J. cut left and right, then got away with it.

Hey Ralph can't own the team forever, Pegula bought the Sabres so when the times come the good Lord will smile down on us and give us a good owner who will say ""Starting today, the Buffalo Bills reason for existence will be to win the superbowl."

i dream of hearing that everynight

Ive actually daydreamed about hearing that as well. More than once...