Is this over the top?

Simon

Just finished hiding the eggs. Now that our kids are older (20 & 14) we have to put $5, $10 and $20 in them to keep the interest up. But to make things fun we also hide a couple "bad eggs" with annoying tasks in them (i.e. sing I'm a Little Teapot in front of everybody at Easter dinner, wear flip-flops to church w/ your dress/suit, etc) which you have to complete or give up all the cash you've gathered.

For one of the bad eggs I just caught a daddy long legs in the garage and put it in a plastic egg. I think it's pretty galdanged funny but is it a bit too much?

Just finished hiding the eggs. Now that our kids are older (20 & 14) we have to put $5, $10 and $20 in them to keep the interest up. But to make things fun we also hide a couple "bad eggs" with annoying tasks in them (i.e. sing I'm a Little Teapot in front of everybody at Easter dinner, wear flip-flops to church w/ your dress/suit, etc) which you have to complete or give up all the cash you've gathered.

For one of the bad eggs I just caught a daddy long legs in the garage and put it in a plastic egg. I think it's pretty galdanged funny but is it a bit too much?

That's pretty cool. You're actually giving me good ideas for next year's Easter. Thank you for that. On occasion I'll put a live spider in a ziplock bag and put it under the guestroom bed covers when my brother and his arachnophobic wifey visit. My bro and I always get a good laugh out of it when she screams her head off. In the end she laughs too.

Your ideas are good. They help to keep even us big kids in the mood of Easter.

Plastic eggs with breathing holes are a giveaway you know... :ph34r:

Actually, like pen caps, a lot of the plastic eggs have little holes in them now, in case jr manages to suck one into his throat somehow.

They help to keep even us big kids in the mood of Easter.

Bingo. Glad to oblige and hope you have fun with it.

I think having a 20 year old egg hunting is over the top, and possibly the younger one too, but that's my opinion. If they still enjoy it, good for them. My parents give me a $15 gift card currently.

Wow, sounds like a rockin good time.

Lighten up Francis; life's too short to not have fun.....

When the girls wereyoung we always had Easter eggs hunts in the house.

One year we were surprised when we found a bag of candy that was leftover/hidden

from the previous Halloween.

We had hunts in the house too. It was always fun to hunt in the living room....the

carpet was GREEN just like GRASS.

My mom would always make scavenger hunts for me and my sister. We'd start off with a piece of paper that would give us clues and we would have to solve them.

Some of the clues my mom made were both easy & difficult. But in the end they were very fun.

For example, my sister got a clue that just had one word on it: M*A*S*H. Referring to the tv show. My sister had to think of who was in the show and what were the characters names. Then she remembered the character "Radar" from the show and then went to find our pet dog "Radar". Sure enough the next clue was attached to Radar's collar.

My mom always made Easter a fun time for me and my sister.

I think having a 20 year old egg hunting is over the top, and possibly the younger one too, but that's my opinion. If they still enjoy it, good for them. My parents give me a $15 gift card currently.

I am with you on that but to each their own. I know when I was 20 & home from college & if my dad woke me up Easter Sunday morning for an Easter Egg hunt after a night of drinking with my old drinking buddies from high school I would of told him to go F*ck himself. But that is just me. If it brings your family closer together more power to you.

Edited by Gordio

I am with you on that but to each their own. I know when I was 20 & home from college & if my dad woke me up Easter Sunday morning for an Easter Egg hunt after a night of drinking with my old drinking buddies from high school I would of told him to go F*ck himself. But that is just me. If it brings your family closer together more power to you.

Me too but I also would have been thinking that 3 eggs would be enough to buy myself a bag of weed so I would have been out there.

Me too but I also would have been thinking that 3 eggs would be enough to buy myself a bag of weed so I would have been out there.

Good point. I guess I would try to suck it up for a half hour & try to get as much coin as possible. Then I would tell him to go f*ck himself.

Cool idea and tradition!

The spider is definitely not over the top, IMO. If it was a Brown Recluse, maybe. But I think the harmless bug is a pretty funny and innocent prank.

I came home from college for Christmas one year. My mom came to wake me up Christmas morning and said "Wow, your room smells of whiskey!" I think I was 19. :lol:

Edited by Chef Jim

I came home from college for Christmas one year. My mom came to wake me up Christmas morning and said "Wow, your room smells of whiskey!" I think I was 19. :lol:

Wasn't the legal drinking age like 14 back then?

That is good. My junior year, when I was home from college my friends & I all got together the night before Christmas Eve. We started at Hooters at the Galleria Mall(it is now closed) & somehow we ended up down on the chip strip. We went to this bar where our friend was bartending & we did shots all night. Get home around 5am. Crawl into bed. My family was coming over that day for Christmas Eve. My dad comes in my bedroom at 1 in the afternoon & says "man you must of really tied one on last night, come you got to get up everybody is coming over" I am like "dad seriously just leave me alone today okay?" He was like alright. Hour goes by he comes back in the room & says you got to get up Aunt Jeanie is here with her kids. I am like dad I told you to leave me alone I am really hung over. He is like fine. Shuts the door. Another hour goes by & he says come on it is Christmas Eve can you get up & spend some time with the family?. Finally I had it. I am like "Dad I told you to leave me the f*ck alone can't you see I have a headache. He mumbles something & we do not say another word to each other that whole holiday. Later that week one of my friends who went out with me said on Christmas Eve morning his mother found him under the Christmas Tree buck naked in a fetal position. He does not remember how he got there but he said his mother was mortified.

Edited by Gordio

That is good. My junior year, when I was home from college my friends & I all got together the night before Christmas Eve. We started at Hooters at the Galleria Mall(it is now closed) & somehow we ended up down on the chip strip. We went to this bar where our friend was bartending & we did shots all night. Get home around 5am. Crawl into bed. My family was coming over that day for Christmas Eve. My dad comes in my bedroom at 1 in the afternoon & says "man you must of really tied one on last night, come you got to get up everybody is coming over" I am like "dad seriously just leave me alone today okay?" He was like alright. Hour goes by he comes back in the room & says you got to get up Aunt Jeanie is here with her kids. I am like dad I told you to leave me alone I am really hung over. He is like fine. Shuts the door. Another hour goes by & he says come on it is Christmas Eve can you get up & spend some time with the family?. Finally I had it. I am like "Dad I told you to leave me the f*ck alone can't you see I have a headache. He mumbles something & we do not say another word to each other that whole holiday. Later that week one of my friends who went out with me said on Christmas Eve morning his mother found him under the Christmas Tree buck naked in a fetal position. He does not remember how he got there but he said his mother was mortified.

Thanks for the confirmation. :thumbsup:

My mom would always make scavenger hunts for me and my sister. We'd start off with a piece of paper that would give us clues and we would have to solve them.

Some of the clues my mom made were both easy & difficult. But in the end they were very fun.

For example, my sister got a clue that just had one word on it: M*A*S*H. Referring to the tv show. My sister had to think of who was in the show and what were the characters names. Then she remembered the character "Radar" from the show and then went to find our pet dog "Radar". Sure enough the next clue was attached to Radar's collar.

My mom always made Easter a fun time for me and my sister.

What a great idea! This sounded fun. :thumbsup: