I just started and finished watching Breaking Bad

The Poojer

There is still an untold back story on Walt that I keep expecting Gilligan to reveal. What forced Walt out of Grey Matter? Did it have anything to do with his leaving (forced or not) from Sandia labs? I have a hunch that Grey Matter will be popping up some more.

PTR

Promo, I think they pretty much explained the Gray Matter thing...a woman came between Walt and the other partners...his pride (one of his biggest weaknesses) cost him millions. I don't see them spending a lot more time on that, with 9 episodes left. To me, the bigger, untold story, is who Gus Fring really was. They referenced numerous times that he was somebody of great significance in Chile (or wherever he was from), but never explained... Gus has a bigger back story... I wouldn't be surprised if it comes to the fore.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Promo, I think they pretty much explained the Gray Matter thing...a woman came between Walt and the other partners...his pride (one of his biggest weaknesses) cost him millions. I don't see them spending a lot more time on that, with 9 episodes left. To me, the bigger, untold story, is who Gus Fring really was. They referenced numerous times that he was somebody of great significance in Chile (or wherever he was from), but never explained... Gus has a bigger back story... I wouldn't be surprised if it comes to the fore.

No, I think there is more to it. Something that is pivotal to the story.

PTR

So Walt is going to get killed and then resurrect? I don't get it.

On the next season of AMC's Walking Dead.... :lol:

No, I think there is more to it. Something that is pivotal to the story.

PTR

We learned that Grey Matter is a multibillion dollar company

We know that Madrigal is a multinational corporation

Perhaps, and total speculation here, but maybe over the years Grey Matter developed a working relationship with Madrigal. Walt's downfall will destroy Madrigal in his wake and in turn Grey Matter

In Buyout I recall that Walt made a point of mentioning how much the Methlamyne was worth: $300M. Also in Buyout is when we learn how much Grey Matter is worth: $2B. Just a hunch, but the storyline will link that Methlamyne to Grey Matter

On the next season of AMC's Walking Dead.... :lol:

We learned that Grey Matter is a multibillion dollar company

We know that Madrigal is a multinational corporation

Perhaps, and total speculation here, but maybe over the years Grey Matter developed a working relationship with Madrigal. Walt's downfall will destroy Madrigal in his wake and in turn Grey Matter

In Buyout I recall that Walt made a point of mentioning how much the Methlamyne was worth: $300M. Also in Buyout is when we learn how much Grey Matter is worth: $2B. Just a hunch, but the storyline will link that Methlamyne to Grey Matter

Or maybe Grey Matter is in the methlamyne business, supplying meth cooks worldwide?

PTR

Just started a marathon leading up to the finale Sunday, Season 1 underway. One character I'd like to see brought back in some fashion in the final episodes is Wendy, the meth hooker.

Wow. This episode further cemented the thought that this may be the best TV drama of all time. Sopranos is now second.

The opening references to "The Fly" episode really did foreshadow the events. It was in 'The Fly' that Walt came closest to confessing to Jesse about watching his girlfriend die. He also realized he should have been dead already from cancer. That episode was the first time Walt realized he was in serious transition. Tonight, the frequent glances of Walt in the mirror really underscored his struggle with coming face to face with who he had become. Walt laying on the CT scan and revolving drives home the idea of him coming "full circle" in his career as a meth cook and dealer. And the final distorted reflection from the smashed towel dispenser in the mens room really brought it home. I am elated that Walt 'found' himself and decided to get out. In some small way he has attempted to put Heisenberg in the rearview mirror and redeem himself.

Did not see that coming. Not even close. Fricken Gilligan.

As usual the cinematography and musical score were perfect. 'Start All Over Again' as the nine guys are getting whacked? 'Crystal Blue Persuasion' during the cook scenes with Todd as the shipments flew overseas? Hank gets the big break on the shitt*r? Are you kidding me?

Perfect television in every respect. Fricken' Gilligan.

I'm just glad he didn't have Walt Jr. stroll Holly right into the pool in that next to last scene.

Can't wait until next year. I gotta watch this episode again when it re-airs in ten minutes.

Edited by K-9

Wow. This episode further cemented the thought that this may be the best TV drama of all time. Sopranos is now second.

The opening references to "The Fly" episode really did foreshadow the events. It was in 'The Fly' that Walt came closest to confessing to Jesse about watching his girlfriend die. He also realized he should have been dead already from cancer. That episode was the first time Walt realized he was in serious transition. Tonight, the frequent glances of Walt in the mirror really underscored his struggle with coming face to face with who he had become. Walt laying on the CT scan and revolving drives home the idea of him coming "full circle" in his career as a meth cook and dealer. And the final distorted reflection from the smashed towel dispenser in the mens room really brought it home. I am elated that Walt 'found' himself and decided to get out. In some small way he has attempted to put Heisenberg in the rearview mirror and redeem himself.

As usual the cinematography and musical score were perfect. 'Start All Over Again' as the nine guys are getting whacked? 'Crystal Blue Persuasion' during the cook scenes with Todd as the shipments flew overseas? Hank gets the big break on the shitt*r? Are you kidding me?

I'm just glad he didn't have Walt Jr. stroll Holly right into the pool in that next to last scene.

Can't wait until next year. I gotta watch this episode again when it re-airs in ten minutes.

And it played into awkward scene where he went to his house w/ nothing to say (nothing he could say that is) and just left the money. The fly + the scan scene mean one thing that is clear...cancer is back. Jesse was the only one he could tell...but he can't even tell Jesse know. The money is there. It's time to stop cooking and salvage what memory he can leave to those who will remember him. Except...Hank found out at the end. He's taking meds in the flash forward, the fly is back in this episode, he randomly stops cooking (despite being the empire business) and it shows a scene where he's scanned, he wanted to tell Jesse something but he didn't b/c he realized he couldn't...it's clear.

Cancer is back. Hank knows. He outran everything except Hank and his cancer. Enter final scene.

Edited by TheNewBills

I disagree it's the best. I watch BB then Hell on wheels. IMO Hell on on wheels just blows BB away Maybe I just find the whole story on Hell on wheels more interesting, but if I had to give up one or the other it would be BB,.

I disagree it's the best. I watch BB then Hell on wheels. IMO Hell on on wheels just blows BB away Maybe I just find the whole story on Hell on wheels more interesting, but if I had to give up one or the other it would be BB,.

There is ANOTHER show on AMC that kicks ass? I've never even heard of Hell on Wheels...

Oh, and screw you Gilligan!!! I'm NOT going back and re-watching that damn fly episode, I don't care how obvious you make the reference!!!

I do need to go back to that scene with regard to W.W., though...anyone know what episode that was?

There is ANOTHER show on AMC that kicks ass? I've never even heard of Hell on Wheels...

Oh, and screw you Gilligan!!! I'm NOT going back and re-watching that damn fly episode, I don't care how obvious you make the reference!!!

I do need to go back to that scene with regard to W.W., though...anyone know what episode that was?

Hell on wheels blows BB away. You need to get caught up, it get's better every time. PM sent.

Hell on wheels blows BB away. You need to get caught up, it get's better every time. PM sent.

Thanks!

BTW, re: tonights episode and the book...I'm having trouble remembering the specifics of that scene where Hank reads the inscription and the W.W. initials. Was the W.W. written in Gale's notebooks, and then Hank saw the same W.W. in the book while on the shitter? Or did Hank have that actual book previously? I'm assuming it was Gales notebooks Hank saw, cause it woudn't make any sense for Hank to have had the book and now Walt has it. So it was the notebook, right?

Thanks!

BTW, re: tonights episode and the book...I'm having trouble remembering the specifics of that scene where Hank reads the inscription and the W.W. initials. Was the W.W. written in Gale's notebooks, and then Hank saw the same W.W. in the book while on the shitter? Or did Hank have that actual book previously? I'm assuming it was Gales notebooks Hank saw, cause it woudn't make any sense for Hank to have had the book and now Walt has it. So it was the notebook, right?

I just can't remember the detail's. But they had a Hank flashback where he remembers Walt saying" maybe Walt Whittman?" I can remember the scene but not the context.

I just can't remember the detail's. But they had a Hank flashback where he remembers Walt saying" maybe Walt Whittman?" I can remember the scene but not the context.

Same here...I know it had something to do with Gale, and that was confirmed when it was signed with Gale's initials in the book, but I forget how Hank was involved.

That huge stack of money was really something, though...can you imagine those guys on Storage Wars opening up a locker and finding THAT? haha

Same here...I know it had something to do with Gale, and that was confirmed when it was signed with Gale's initials in the book, but I forget how Hank was involved.

That huge stack of money was really something, though...can you imagine those guys on Storage Wars opening up a locker and finding THAT? haha

Is Gale who GB is? That was on the notation

Is Gale who GB is? That was on the notation

Yeppers, and I just read on another site that they thought Gale was sort of practicing what he was goign to write in the book in his notebook so he got it right the first time....so after Gale was taken care of and Hank got hold of some of the evidence, he found Gales notebooks. So then when he found the book in Walts crapper, he saw not just the W.W., but also the very same inscription that he saw in the notebook. That seems to make sense to me, but maybe some of the folks with better memories than we have can confirm lol