I just started and finished watching Breaking Bad

The Poojer

Still catching up on BB via Netflix. (Only offers up to Season 3. Gotta find Season 4 before July 15!!)

I'm wondering if Vince Gilligan recruited actual meth addicts to play the junkies? If not these people are very good actors, not to mention the make up artists.

PTR

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still catching up on BB via Netflix. (Only offers up to Season 3. Gotta find Season 4 before July 15!!)

I'm wondering if Vince Gilligan recruited actual meth addicts to play the junkies? If not these people are very good actors, not to mention the make up artists.

PTR

Season 4 DVD comes out the first week of June, and I've been told they'll likely stream when Season 5 begins.

Season 4 DVD comes out the first week of June, and I've been told they'll likely stream when Season 5 begins.

AMC is cramming all 4 seasons into the weeks leading up to the Season 5 debut. Gonna set my DVR.

PTR

i am 1 season plus 9 episodes into Shameless....what a great show...the characters absolutely mesmerize me...not a culture i could ever live in, but holy crap do i believe there are people that live like that and actually live better than me in such a culture...

Lip, Kevin, Sheila....what a group of characters...its easy to focus on frank and be blown away at how low he stoops to..the family dynamic between fiona and the crew and kevin and v are just awesome....the 'dregs of humanity' but so damn likeable....

and i am sorry but emmy rossum(n) is simply gorgeous....

i am 1 season plus 9 episodes into Shameless....what a great show...the characters absolutely mesmerize me...not a culture i could ever live in, but holy crap do i believe there are people that live like that and actually live better than me in such a culture...

Lip, Kevin, Sheila....what a group of characters...its easy to focus on frank and be blown away at how low he stoops to..the family dynamic between fiona and the crew and kevin and v are just awesome....the 'dregs of humanity' but so damn likeable....

and i am sorry but emmy rossum(n) is simply gorgeous....

:thumbsup:

Funny, I am not sure I love this show as much as you, but I have seen both seasons, and did enjoy it.

But, Emmy is awesome!

PTR

You must be talking about Jessie's "girlfriend" Windy...or is it the ATM woman? Two very scary creatures!

:thumbsup:

Funny, I am not sure I love this show as much as you, but I have seen both seasons, and did enjoy it.

But, Emmy is awesome!

You must be talking about Jessie's "girlfriend" Windy...or is it the ATM woman? Two very scary creatures!

ATM woman, aka Spooge's main squeeze, aka Mom of the Year. If she is an actress she deserves an award.

FYI I'm up to season 3, episode 2.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Season 4 just released on DVD today - $19.99 on Amazon.

I love how amazon always has cable tv shows available to watch...even during the seasons you can stream the individual episodes :thumbsup:

ATM woman, aka Spooge's main squeeze, aka Mom of the Year. If she is an actress she deserves an award.

PTR

I remember the first time she was on, when she and Spooge robbed Combo and the other guy...man she was frightening looking...I looked her up, and she is just some tv actress who has been around for a while. Great show...I always envy people who are seeing something I know is amazing, for the first time...if you haven't watched "Mad Men" yet, you might give it a spin too! When "Mad Men" is showing a new season, it is my favorite show on television, hands down...but then, when "Breaking Bad" is on, I am sure it is the best show on tv...

Speaking of tv shows...probably get laughed off the board for this, but does anyone watch "Nurse Jackie"? I won't say it is a great show, because there are some characters and story lines that don't do much for me, but I have to say, Edie Falco is a terrific actress. The central story of the show, a pill addicted nurse, is pretty compelling..it gets better every season. When it first started out, it was billed as a comedy, but was more accurately, a "dramady". The drama always worked, but the humor just kind of fell flat a lot of the time...but they have toned down the humor stuff, and it is a pretty good show. My gf likes it...I don't normally like most of the stuff she likes (Lifetime nonsense), so this is a breath of fresh air.

• 3 weeks later...

PTR

Spooge's main squeeze is now on "True Blood"....was thinking about it, and I remember she was also in the (excellent) movie "Winter's Bone"...about backwoods meth heads...type-casting? :P

Season 4 just released on DVD today - $19.99 on Amazon.

AMC is rerunning all 4 seasons overnights, 3 or 4 episodes per night. I have most of Season 4 on the DVR. They will keep running them in order up until July 15.

PTR

AMC is rerunning all 4 seasons overnights, 3 or 4 episodes per night. I have most of Season 4 on the DVR. They will keep running them in order up until July 15.

PTR

Did they start yet? I'd love to rewatch seasons 1 and 2.

How does that show compare to other series you have watched?

I'm in the "seeking a new show to love" mode, too...I saw that Sons of Anarchy is available on Netflix streaming, as well as Trailer Park Boys...thinking about those two for sure. I started Mad Men but for some reason just didn't have the motivation to continue past the first 5 episodes.

I think Breaking Bad is a very well written show. I feel the same way. Trailer Park Boys was fun. Bubbles was my favorite character and I cant get over how Julian always has a rum and coke in his hand.

SamSquench episode and the Greasey Bread scene are the best.

I got through 2 seasons of Mad Men I need to be motivated to watch that for some reason.

I don't know if anyone feels similarly, but I thought the S4 finale was SO damn satisfying that I consider S5 nothing more than just bonus time. I'm not concerned at all about how good this season ends up being because I really can't imagine Gilligan doing anything to top last year. Combine that with the fact that it wasn't really guaranteed we'd have a S5 at all, so this is all just icing to me.

I don't know if anyone feels similarly, but I thought the S4 finale was SO damn satisfying that I consider S5 nothing more than just bonus time. I'm not concerned at all about how good this season ends up being because I really can't imagine Gilligan doing anything to top last year. Combine that with the fact that it wasn't really guaranteed we'd have a S5 at all, so this is all just icing to me.

I see what you're saying but have to disagree. S4 was so awesome and the finale was epic :worthy: that I'm afraid S5 is going to feel a little disappointing. I have little doubt that S5 will rank among the best television of 2012, but juxtaposition with S4 it might have a difficult time keeping up the adrenaline.

I bought season 4 on DVD when it came out and one of the extras was a special on how they made the finale - almost an hour's worth going through the final scene and how they did it all - it was really cool.......

The reason that I don't fear for Season 5 is that the relationship between Walt and Jesse is so rich. When the **** inevitably hits the fan, I think we'll see the best that the narrative has to offer.