Taco Bell "fake beef" lawsuit dropped

Just Jack

False-Advertising Suit Is Withdrawn, but Taco Bell Stays on the Offensive

"Would it kill you to say you're sorry?"

That's the first line of copy in Taco Bell's latest campaign, launched today, that is aimed at the firm responsible for filing -- and yesterday withdrawing -- a false-advertising lawsuit Jan. 19 against the fast feeder for claiming to use "seasoned beef" or "seasoned ground beef" in its fare.

Taco Bell announced yesterday that the law firm, Beasley Allen, voluntarily withdrew the class action lawsuit against the company. A spokeswoman for Beasley Allen declined to comment on this story.

"[using a spectrometer to track the corn carbon] ...Dawson and his colleague Stefania Mambelli prepared an analysis showing roughly how much of the carbon in the various McDonald’s menu items came from corn, and plotted them on a graph. The sodas came out on top, not surprising since they consist of little else than corn sweetener, but virtually everything else we ate revealed a high proportion of corn, too. In order of diminishing corniness, this is how the laboratory measured our meal: soda (100% corn), milk shake (78%), salad dressing (65%), chicken nuggets (56%), cheeseburger (52%), and French fries (23%). What in the eyes of the omnivore looks like a meal of impressive variety turns out, when viewed through the eyes of the mass spectrometer, to be the meal of a far more specialized kind of eater. But then, this is what the industrial eater has become: corn’s koala.

Michael Pollan"

Cows, fish, pigs, have not evolved to eat corn. If Taco Bell beef is anything like McDonalds beef, I think a capable attorney could make a strong case that the beef is fake

Cows, fish, pigs, have not evolved to eat corn. If Taco Bell beef is anything like McDonalds beef, I think a capable attorney could make a strong case that the beef is fake

So the cannibals in New Guinea could get David Boies to sue an American tourist that they ate 'cause he was chocked full of:

Enriched Bleached Wheat Flour [Flour, Reduced Iron, B Vitamins (Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate (B1), Riboflavin (B2), Folic Acid)], Corn Syrup, Sugar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Water, Partially Hydrogenated Vegetable and/or Animal Shortening (Soybean, Cottonseed and/or Canola Oil, Beef Fat), Whole Eggs, Dextrose. Contains 2% or Less of: Modified Corn Starch, Glucose, Leavenings (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Baking Soda, Monocalcium Phosphate), Sweet Dairy Whey, Soy Protein Isolate, Calcium and Sodium Caseinate, Salt, Mono and Diglycerides, Polysorbate 60, Soy Lecithin, Soy Flour, Cornstarch, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Sorbic Acid (to Retain Freshness), Yellow 5, Red 40.

Cows, chickens and pigs don't eat corn? :unsure:

And a lot of that corn comes from corn oil they cook and fry with.

Whew had me worried. But if they can't digest it why are they fed it?

to save on food costs. Cows get ulcers from eating corn. I read somewhere that if cows are fed grass the week before slaughter, it greatly reduces the risks of ecoli. There is often tainted meat and recalls in the news. I am all about organic, local, and non gmo

Whew had me worried. But if they can't digest it why are they fed it?

Speed of growth. Cow's are ruminants, their stomachs are designed to digest grass, not grain. Digesting grain causes a surplus of grain digesting bacteria which poisons the cows.

Due to the speed at which corn based diet fattens the cow, they are able slaughter them very young. They have to be able to do that; the cow's systems shut down soon after that slaughter time-frame and they die...usually with unusable meat.

Edited by Faustus