Sabres/Floppers- Game 5 moved to Versus

Buftex

Just an FYI...tonights Sabres game (Game 5) has been moved to Versus. They were originally supposed to show the Red Wings/Coyotes game...but that series ended in a 4 game sweep, and is over...so Buffalo & Philly it is!

For me, this kinda sucks, cuz I was planning on watching the Celtics/Knicks game on ESPN at 7pm, and the re-broadcast of the Sabres/Broad Street Babies at 11:30pm...gonna have to switch it up! No DVR ESPN re-broadcasts the Celtics game at 3am...

Had a perfect sports night planned...

Game 6, on Easter Sunday, will be on NBC...our stinking local affiliate does not respect NHL games, playoffs or regular season...if the game isn't over in the 3 hours alloted time, they cut to their scheduled program...it happened a couple of years back, when the Sabres were eliminated by the Rangers...IIRC, it went to OT, but we didn't get to see it...this is the only thing that makes me nervous about the new NBC/Versus deal...they say that all NHL Playoff games will be available. It you live in a non-hockey market, like many of us I presume, you may get the end of the game cut off...

I am at MIL's for Easter weekend. She has basic cable..(Channels 2--23)

so we listened to the first period on the radio.

The desire to watch the game struck and we headed to Apple Granny's in Lewiston to watch.

No sooner than we got there, the Phlyers scored. After the Phlyers tied

the game, I figured we had jinxed the Sabres so drove home. As we arrived in the driveway,

Ennis scored the OT winner. Listening to Rick Jenneret call an OT game

winning goal for the Sabres is a joy. Mrs. Lew says that when I watch the Sabres, they do

poorly but when we listen on the radio, they do well. So for the rest of the playoffs

I will listen. But that won't be hard as when we get back to WV we have to

rely on Versus for hockey viewing. Thank goodness for XM radio.

I watched Game Five real-time all the way up to OT. The wife and I were watching a few episodes of The Office we had DVR'd and I went back to catch the OT winner.

I'm really happy to see the Sabres fighting to win every game in this series. I'm a Blues fan but Buffalo is my #2 team to root for- probably due to my love for the Bills. I'm rooting for their success as a fan but also because I know how much the team means to many of you here on this board. I really do hope they can go far and win the Cup. I cannot imagine what that will do for the fans of Buffalo sports.

GO SABRES!

The desire to watch the game struck and we headed to Apple Granny's in Lewiston to watch.

the game, I figured we had jinxed the Sabres so drove home. As we arrived in the driveway,

winning goal for the Sabres is a joy. Mrs. Lew says that when I watch the Sabres, they do

poorly but when we listen on the radio, they do well. So for the rest of the playoffs

How will we ever survive after Jenneret retires??

He has THE GREATEST hockey voice of all time, and he's ours!

I will rue the day..

Huge opportunity today! I expect a full out Flyer assault and won't predict an outcome due to our Jekyll/Hyde personna. But, IIRC, the Sabres have the chance to win a playoff series for the first time since the Breire/Drury fiasco -In Buffalo-on Easter Sunday-before a national audience-with an Easter Parade of 'Party in the Park', hockey crazed Buffalonians.

It has the makings of an unforgettable day in Buffalo sports history.

Go Sabres!

I listen to him online. He can make watching paint dry exciting.

I turned off NBC when the pre-game show was over.

Rick J on the radio

Not sure why, but the radio broadcast is always about a minute behind any tv broadcast...it is too much of a hassle trying to line it up...we tried yesterday, before I wanted to smack my buddy over the head...the synching got worse every time he tried! :w00t:

So, is game 7 going to be on Versus?

Yes, it is scheduled for Verus tomorrow night.

A little surprising, because the Bruins & Canadians are playing at the same time...that was the Versus series of choice, early on in the playoffs...