The Myth of Racial Disparities

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Reports/2011/04/The-Myth-of-Racial-Disparities-in-Public-School-Funding#_ftn3

Although it is often blamed for the racial achievement gap, unequal school funding is largely a myth. Per-pupil spending in the U.S. is broadly similar across racial and ethnic groups. If any one group enjoys an advantage in funding, it is black students, especially in the Northeastern states. Group differences in school achievement cannot be the result of an unequal commitment of resources to minority students, and simple increases in public school funding are not likely to close the gaps.
Edited by DaveinElma

I didn't realize any credible person actually tried to disputed that fact.

The problem is most poor kids go to school in huge city school districts that are poorly run, where no one is accountable for the money so it gets wasted on bureaucracy and corruption. What can you really expect with all those evil Republicans running inner city school districts.

The problem is most poor kids go to school in huge city school districts that are poorly run, where no one is accountable for the money so it gets wasted on bureaucracy and corruption. What can you really expect with all those evil Republicans running inner city school districts.

The unions will solve that problem, I'm sure...

Wow! This might be a first, I agree with YOU.

Wow! This might be a first, I agree with YOU.

So there's hope for you yet. Maybe next you'll actually condemn the public sector unions that are the cover for most of the corruption in those huge school districts.

Still recovering from a history of slavery, segregatrion and oppression, we SHOULD spend more on black students. You don't overcome almost 400 years of oppression in a few decades

So more money will help?

I think most black people would be offended at that remark.

Still recovering from a history of slavery, segregatrion and oppression, we SHOULD spend more on black students. You don't overcome almost 400 years of oppression in a few decades

WTF? Connor? Regardless, you are an idiot.

Still recovering from a history of slavery, segregatrion and oppression, we SHOULD spend more on black students.

Even though it's shown to be ineffective. Because it's not important to take effective steps to help a population recover from a history of slavery, segregation, and oppression, it's only important that you feel like you're doing something.

!@#$ing retard.

Even though it's shown to be ineffective. Because it's not important to take effective steps to help a population recover from a history of slavery, segregation, and oppression, it's only important that you feel like you're doing something.

!@#$ing retard.

Money is ineffective?? Ha ha, I love how much of a moron you and your suck offs are!

What percentage more do I get because my Irish ancestors were discriminated against? What's the Japanese student's cut for their ancestors being put in camps during WWII? Hell, Long Island should be able to get a nice raise for its schools--for the Jewish districts at least.

Do your brain cells ever bump into one another?

George Will: Kansas Schools Prove Money Isn't Everything

Much the same thing happening in Hartford and Bridgeport --- they've gone on an upward curve the last 20-30 years, spending almost 75% more than other cities/towns per student, and their test scores have actually gotten worse.

The only thing that raising school budgets will guarantee is more money in administrators' pockets and graft, or $ spent on worthless projects or programs.

Edited by UConn James