The Bills Don't Need the Added Stress !!

T master

With all this talk of Newton & Gabbert in a year that every one that "knows any thing about football" says is a week year for QB , Why do we need to spend the high pick on a QB ??

The Bills recent history has shown that most of the misses on draft picks are our high picks !

J.P. :w00t: :Donte :oops: Leodis :doh: Mike Williams :sick: Maybin :bag: - so why take the chance of staying in the toilet when it comes to QB's for the next ten years ?

Where was Fitz drafted ? Brady ? If we spend our top 2 picks on D (which they all say wins championships) we will be a much better team ! With pressure up front INT's will come , 2 years ago with Schobel, Williams, & a younger Stroud we led the league or were 2nd in INT's . Exit Schobel along with a pass rush :cry: & what happened to the D in general ? A whole bunch of nothin !!

Plus if the D is more stout they will keep the ball away from the opposition more & give it to the Offense more which means more points , which means more W's . How many more games would we have won last year if the D had 2 more good players ? Say add a healthy Schobel & Merriman to the remaining cast & add at least another 4 wins or more to last years schedule , all because of pressure !!

Bring in Newton or Gabbert & the first bad game - can you here it ? i can !! PULL FITZ ! PUT IN GABBERT PUT IN NEWTON - YOU SUCK !! THE BILLS SUCK - YOU DON"T KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOUR DOIN - FIRE GAILEY HE SUCKS - NIX DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO BUILD A TEAM HE SUCKS - HE'S TO OLD GET RID OF HIM !! Spoken like true Bills fans !!

Sound familiar ??

I hope we all have learned something from our teams past & we don't take a QB with our first 2 picks at least . It wouldn't bother me if we went D with every pick this year . Well maybe a good TE wouldn't hurt .

But we don't need the added stress that a high draft pick QB will bring . Baby steps - Rome wasn't built in a day. Take a QB later where there's less risk & more up side. Or just wait till next year ,then bust a nut & go after Luck. The D will be better & the O should be even better this year than last with Easley coming in & C.J in his second yr. in the system along with the other new WR's in their 2nd yr.& new linemen .

O.K. go ahead and blast me now but i had to get it off my chest it's been bugging me - all this Gabbert talk - I just don't see it !!! B-)

Edited by T master

I generally agree with your post with exception that Newton and Gabbert are not 1st round picks. I personally believe Newton has every tool to make it big in this league IF he wants it. Unlike Vince Young or Jamarcus Russell. And Gabbert has almost all the physical gifts that one might need but seems to be a very intelligent kid and seems to be driven to do well. I'd also throw Kaepernick I to this bunch as he has possibly the mix of both Gabberts and Newtons best attributes.

I do agree that defenses win championships and you must have a real good team and defense all around to win which I think the Bills could have if they went heavy with defense in this draft and counted on Fitz to be the leader for at least a few more years.

At this point I'm putting my faith in Nix and Gailey that they will get the players that will not only help the team this coming year but will also be the future of this franchise. This is why BPA is the best option generally the best thing to do. The only way I would not do this is if there is the next franchise QB that we can take.

I'll play along tho with your picks

1. Von Miller

2. Adrian Clayborn/Sam Acho

3. Donte Moch

4. Virgil Green

4. Casey Mathews

5. Chykie Brown/Curtis Brown

6. Shiloh Keo

7. Best CB available

7. Best LB available