RIP Sarah Jane Smith (Elizabeth Sladen)

/dev/null

As someone who just started watching "Doctor Who" last month and has loved every minute of it, I was really stunned by this yesterday.

But... as a time traveler, her linear path has come to an end, but her story isn't over. She'll be fighting Daleks and Cybermen to save the universe in the 33rd century and a billion years from now.

RIP.

Cancer sucks!

Damm. I never saw her in the earlier versions, just the most recent version, plus her spin off that was mentioned in the article. I wonder if the Dr. Who series will try to work in some mention of it.

They really seemed to wrap up those characters' plotlines in the final David Tennant appearance, i.e. he saved Sarah Jane's son from being hit by a car, he bought Donna a winning lottery ticket. It seemed like they went for closure there. I'm still in the middle of last season, so I don't know if she made a cameo with Matt Smith's 11th Doctor....

But I'm sure there will be something done for the season premiere on Saturday. This close to airing, though, it might just be a note and a picture at the close of the ep.

Edited by UConn James

Wow. I'm floored.

I loved watching Sara Jane Smith on the old classic Doctor Who episodes when I was growing up. I thought itthey brought her back for a modern series character reunion. One of the things that really struck me was how good she looked, young and fit for her age (60+). I had no idea she was sick.