Merriman / Moats....

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, it didn't, IIRC. Urlacher ran in the 4.5s at his combine which is plenty fast enough to play safety. But he was a 250 lb. safety in college and, with size and athletic ability like that, it's not a surprise that the Bears would want him at MLB in their Tampa 2.

GO BILLS!!!

I think he ran like a 4.59 at the combine. Seems a bit slow to play safety in the NFL. Regardless, no point in arguing over Urlacher cause I'm sure we's both love him in a Bill's uni.

You do realize that LB's are routinely changed in and out depending on packages and they dont play every snap of the game....just like DL are routinely rotated out......

For instance.....I could see Williams, Carrington, Kelsay, and the DE we got from Baltimore doing a rotation in and out to keep them fresh......just like Merriman, Moates, Von Miller, and probably another OLB to be named......

Then you have god forbid...injuries...which ALWAYS happen

Batten has been in on all team meetings as an ILB, according to Allen Wilson at Buffalo News. He has all the tools. I think he's one starting ILB on opening day.

I do think the Bills will take another ILB in the draft, earlier rather than later--Martez Wilson, Mason Foster (my favorite at this point for #34), Akeem Ayers if we obtain a lower 2nd Rounder, or Casey Matthews at RD4#100.

Would love Martez Wilson in the 2nd and Casey in round 4. Really dig draftek Astro. I've been checking out the mocks for a while now. GREAT STUFF!

The reason that all signs pointed to Spiller last year was because Nix clearly stated what he was looking for, a "water spider" running back. This year he's been harping on defense, in particular getting a run-stuffer. How you conclude that means the Bills are going to draft Gabbert is beyond me.

Nix harped on the O-line last year and said QB cant play on his back...then all the Spiller rumors surfaced and the pick ended up being Spiller and all the rumors this year are Gabbert and Miller

beyond you, really? not that difficult dude