2011 Albany home TV

This is the way I see the Albany home tv schedule, based on competition with the Jets, Giants & Patriots:

9/11 @Kansas City: Yes! No competition

9/18 Oakland: No, Jets will be televised

9/25 New England: No, Ch 6 has 1 game & they'll take the Jets @4:05

10/2 @ Cincinnati: Yes! No competition

10/9 Philadelphia: No, Giants will be televised

10/16@Giants: Yes!

10/30 Washington (Toronto): Yes! No competition

11/6 Jets: Yes!

11/13 @Dallas: Yes! No competition

11/20 @Miami: Yes! No competition

11/27 @ Jets: Yes!

12/4 Tenessee: No, Jets will be televised

12/11 @ San Diego: Yes! No competition

12/18 Miami: Yes! No competition

12/24 Denver: Maybe, only competition is NE/Mia

1/1 @ New England: No, Jets will be televised

It looks like we'll get 10 or 11 games on home TV. Better yet, if you go to the home games like I do, the only sure road game that won't be on home TV is the last game @ NE. Obviously this is subject to change due to any lockout effects & flexing off of night games by the competition.

Edited by Albany,n.y.

This is the way I see the Albany home tv schedule, based on competition with the Jets, Giants & Patriots:

9/11 @Kansas City: Yes! No competition

9/18 Oakland: No, Jets will be televised

9/25 New England: No, Ch 6 has 1 game & they'll take the Jets @4:05

10/2 @ Cincinnati: Yes! No competition

10/9 Philadelphia: No, Giants will be televised

10/16@Giants: Yes!

10/30 Washington (Toronto): Yes! No competition

11/6 Jets: Yes!

11/13 @Dallas: Yes! No competition

11/20 @Miami: Yes! No competition

11/27 @ Jets: Yes!

12/4 Tenessee: No, Jets will be televised

12/11 @ San Diego: Yes! No competition

12/18 Miami: Yes! No competition

12/24 Denver: Maybe, only competition is NE/Mia

1/1 @ New England: No, Jets will be televised

It looks like we'll get 10 or 11 games on home TV. Better yet, if you go to the home games like I do, the only sure road game that won't be on home TV is the last game @ NE. Obviously this is subject to change due to any lockout effects & flexing off of night games by the competition.

Is this par for the course or better than usual? Seems like a good year I'm guessing.

I'm antenna-only, but there's not a lot of congruence with the Patriettes* games this season, which the local carriers are contracted to show. So, while time-slots dictate that there is now a chance they'll show Bills games, there's also a very good chance the local broadcasters go with Ravens-Colts, etc.

This may be the only way to see 'em outside of the pub for those of us without DTV, as the NFL and the govt have cracked down on streaming. But hey, if they're not on, I've got plenty of other things to do. I don't watch pre-game, and skipped probably 6 games last year, and you know what, I felt fine. Made it a little easier to let go of something that with players in headlines today is harder and harder to support.

See, that's the thing with exclu$ivity. Make people not watch your product, and they won't watch your ads either. Or buy your clothing, or video games, or ....

Keep in mind that there does not need to be a direct conflict with the Jets, Giants or Patriots for the Bills not to be shown. Each week, until the end, only one of Fox or CBS can show a double-header. If CBS' affiliates can only show one game, a late Jets, Giants or Patriots game might be selected over an early Bills game.

Keep in mind that there does not need to be a direct conflict with the Jets, Giants or Patriots for the Bills not to be shown. Each week, until the end, only one of Fox or CBS can show a double-header. If CBS' affiliates can only show one game, a late Jets, Giants or Patriots game might be selected over an early Bills game.

I already factored that in. Unless a scheduled night game gets flexed to Sunday afternoon, the only day that is possible is 9/25, which I've already conceded to the Jets 4:05 game.

Is this par for the course or better than usual? Seems like a good year I'm guessing.

It's close to par, but it's great because with the exception of 1 game, all the road games, including the Toronto one, will be on home TV.