This Morning on Sirius NFL Radio

Nanker

The Pats usually trade for more picks, not less. I can see them trading for picks next year. It would be totally unlike them to package picks like this to move up.

The thing about gathering extra picks is that there comes a tipping point when there are only so many roster spots on a team with a lot of young players already.

I get the feeling that the Patriots will trade up for one of the following players...Miller, Quinn, Jordan or Watt.

A Cheatriot* fan called in and asked if King thought that Billicheat would trade up to get Von Miller if he was available at #3.

This peaked my interest.

King went to the value chart and said that basically, The Cheatriots* would have to give up both their number one picks and their # 2 pick this year to create equal value for the #3 pick.

He went on to say that he did not think that BB would pull the trigger on such a deal as it runs counter to his philosophy that one single player is not that important.

However, that got me thinking - and Astrobot I hope you run a mock on this possibility:

"The Buffalo Bills trade the #3 pick in the 2011 NFL Draft to New England for New England's first round picks: #17 and #27, and New England's pick at #33 in the second round," says Commissioner Goodell.

What say ye? Peter King said he would write about it in his article tomorrow.

For the record, I don't like King. I think he stinks as a singer and his analysis is skewed like the skirts of a high school cheerleader in a high wind.

But, I am interested in hearing more on this possibility.

Would you do this trade if you were Buddy Nix?

I'd be tempted. Even with the thought of facing Miller (or Peterson or Jones) for the next 10 + years.

Of course I'd do it.

However, it will never happen, as that trade is completely and utterly unrealistic for many reasons (not a shot at you, OP, I realize you just relayed what you heard).

Edited by thebandit27

From your lips to God's ear. We would definitely get at least one of the defensive linemen we need, probably an outside linebacker, top tight end, offensive tackle, and possibly another defensive lineman in the first and second rounds. We would really turn the corner with a trade like that.

I think it is kind of unlikely but not outside the realm of possibility. Boy that would be great!!!

Well, I just checked Peter King's column and... no mention of this conversation - which he did say he would write about. Maybe another day.

FWIW, I don't think this trade offer would be made to The Bills. PK didn't think so either. But, it would definitely be worthy of consideration. We'd get three more starters (potentially) out of it. Who knows how Miller will actually turn out. I do think he'll be playing head and shoulders above Error Maybe though. Egad, what a wasted pick he was.