are there online resources to find the grade of roads in an area?

The Poojer

was kind hoping google maps would work but i cannot find the slope or grade of a few places in my area. anyone have any good resources?

Pooj -

The one way I know how to do this is to use "mapmyride.com". I use this to find some hills to train on while riding my bike. I take the starting and finishing elevation and the distance between the two points to calculate the slope (grade). If there is another way I would be interested too. My Garmin bike computer measures this automatically via GPS.

i have been using a smartphone app for jogging and walking, just curious because I do three hills that just kill me and i have no concept of the grade i am doing but it looks and feels to be about 90 degrees :rolleyes: . my app only tracks the path and gives me total distance and total elevation, trying to see if there are any topo maps online that may give that info

Pooj -

The one way I know how to do this is to use "mapmyride.com". I use this to find some hills to train on while riding my bike. I take the starting and finishing elevation and the distance between the two points to calculate the slope (grade). If there is another way I would be interested too. My Garmin bike computer measures this automatically via GPS.

after messing around with google earth you can get pretty good info....i think i found what i was looking for...the one hill in my walk turns out to be .61 mi and the slope ranges from -11.6% to +19.7% with the majority of it being between 5-12%...pretty cool little tool and now i know why i get so wiped out on this particular leg of my journey....

Pooj -