OT - Weiss suing Doctors

mary owen

Isn't it common knowledge that this surgery (and most surgeries) carries with it a risk to your life? I'm sure he was told this was a serious procedure. Ironically, he had the surgery to preserve his life, and it almost took it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=1946901

161670[/snapback]

Without reading the article, I was always under the impression that he had the surgery to improve his chances of getting a HC job, and that saving his life was not a consideration. Prolonging his life, maybe, but not "saving" it.

I have lost all repsect for the guy now. Gee, a 400 lb guy going into a very risky surgery to begin with! Odds are very high he will have complications. Trust me, going into the abdomen of a 400 lb plus individual is very very difficult. This is not incising a boil this is major, major surgery as a last resort for morbidly obese people.

Could it occur to some of you that maybe the doctors made a mistake that put him in a two week coma? Yeah lets blame the victim here. Contrary to popular beliefe doctors do make mistakes. There are no details released in this article yet people assume it's part of the risk of the surgury so Weis should live with it?

162018[/snapback]

Yah!

Oh, wait... He is a fat-ass, Patsie coach... I say, let 'em die! :D:)

Only kidding, sensitive folk out there.

:lol::lol:

Sensitive no........Injured by doctors mistake.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

162041[/snapback]

maybe so. but that side has not been proven yet either. I'm just saying this is a surgery that has not had years to perfect. You gotta know it's a risk. he took the easy way to deal with problems he caused himself by poor diet and bad lifestyle most likely.

not only that, but I'd love to see all the grave warnings old Chuck signed his name under. sh--, i've had knee surgeries where I was told there was an outside chance I could end up stiff and sporting a toe tag.

If it was a mistake, then that's just it. No foul play. Doctors and their staff are human too. Why do people think doctors should do everything right all the time?

Hence all the CYA paperwork prior to letting someone under the knife.

I'm content to let it play out in the courts. I know there are frivolous lawsuits out there, but sometimes lawsuits are more than justified. I think my mother should have sued the pants off her doctor who operated on her to repair a hernia, and operated on the wrong side, fixing what didn't need fixing and leaving the hernia. He got run out of town for botching a number of other operations, but mom never sued.