Is it something in the Nawlins water?...

Greg de'Ville

...you thought the Buffalo sports scene was tough back in October (0-4 Bills start and no Swordsmen hockey with the NHL lockout), it must be hellish to be a New Orleans sports fan these days.

The 'Aints "ain't" going anywhere (again), and Haslett's days as skipper may be numbered.

Then there is their NBA team, the Hornets, off to a glittering 1-19 start. They had the ignominy of losing last night to the franchise that replaced them in Charlotte--the expansion Bobcats, a fledging enterprise with five wins in 19 outings (not bad for a first-year outfit).

1-19 x 4=you do the math over an 80-game slate (82 to be official). The ol' 9-73 '76ers mark for season-long ineptitude may be in jeopardy.

Sheesh. There's poor, and then there is dirt poor. Nawlins is right now in the latter group.

...you thought the Buffalo sports scene was tough back in October (0-4 Bills start and no Swordsmen hockey with the NHL lockout), it must be hellish to be a New Orleans sports fan these days.

The 'Aints "ain't" going anywhere (again), and Haslett's days as skipper may be numbered.

Then there is their NBA team, the Hornets, off to a glittering 1-19 start.  They had the ignominy of losing last night to the franchise that replaced them in Charlotte--the expansion Bobcats, a fledging enterprise with five wins in 19 outings (not bad for a first-year outfit).

1-19 x 4=you do the math over an 80-game slate (82 to be official).  The ol' 9-73 '76ers mark for season-long ineptitude may be in jeopardy.

Sheesh.  There's poor, and then there is dirt poor.  Nawlins is right now in the latter group.

161650[/snapback]

The curse of Tim Floyd continues.

Then there is their NBA team, the Hornets, off to a glittering 1-19 start.  They had the ignominy of losing last night to the franchise that replaced them in Charlotte--the expansion Bobcats, a fledging enterprise with five wins in 19 outings (not bad for a first-year outfit).

1-19 x 4=you do the math over an 80-game slate (82 to be official).  The ol' 9-73 '76ers mark for season-long ineptitude may be in jeopardy.

Sheesh.  There's poor, and then there is dirt poor.  Nawlins is right now in the latter group.

161650[/snapback]

N'awlins has an NBA team?

Okay, stupid question...at 1-19, apparently not. But they're supposed to have one?

The curse of Tim Floyd continues.

161655[/snapback]

I'm thinking the it's more of the curse of Jan van Breda Kolff. The bastard destroyed the Bonnies and now the Hornets (he was an assistant on Floyd's staff).

Hey JvBK :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: !!

I'm thinking the it's more of the curse of Jan van Breda Kolff.  The bastard destroyed the Bonnies and now the Hornets (he was an assistant on Floyd's staff).

Hey JvBK  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:    !!

161672[/snapback]

Hopper,

You can throw Son of Wick (Kort) in there as well. Wick (Sr/Jr), VBK, Lane. The quartet from hell. The Bonnies winless and one of the dreg teams this season in college basketball. Not a pretty picture back home, is it?

Hopper,

You can throw Son of Wick (Kort) in there as well.  Wick (Sr/Jr), VBK, Lane.  The quartet from hell.  The Bonnies winless and one of the dreg teams this season in college basketball.  Not a pretty picture back home, is it?

161700[/snapback]

I'm told it's not a pretty picture. But then again, there isn't anything wrong with Bonas that can't be fixed by what right at Bonas. The place is more than just a basketball team. I'll give Gothard a bit of a pass though. He was in a VERY difficult situation. I'm not sure what I would have done given those circumstances.

Thats why the Saints are going to move to LA...honestly, ask an NFL fan if he gives a crap whether the Saints play in NO or LA...it doesnt matter. There is no history in NO, so its not that big of a deal if they leave.