The one thing I want to see 12/26...

Greg de'Ville

...is for the Bills to lay such a whuppin' on the Niners that the camera will continually roll to the SF sideline to get another vacant (read: "Hello, is anyone home?") look on Dennis Erickson's mug.

What a carpetbagger this guy is...he should go back to college because he's proven he can't cut it in the NFL. If Ole Miss wants to take a flyer on him, well, good luck because he carries a lot of baggage from his days at Miami and Oregon State. At either level, college or pro, Erickson-coached teams have had a reputation for undisciplined play. His successors at both levels have had to clean up a lot of messes he left behind.

Given the fact the Niners granted permission for Ole Miss to talk to Erickson, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure his days in SF are numbered. The Bills game 12/26 likely will be his home swan song. Couldn't happen to a nicer putz if Our Heroes give him something to remember the pros by.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/foot...n.ap/index.html

Rotten coach... all the way through. Why did SF even think about giving him the coaching job. Isn't this the same team that had Bill Walsh just 15 years back? My how the mighty have fallen. I never would have thought the 49ers as the worst team in football. Thank to the coach!

Rotten coach... all the way through.  Why did SF even think about giving him the coaching job.  Isn't this the same team that had Bill Walsh just 15 years back?  My how the mighty have fallen.  I never would have thought the 49ers as the worst team in football.  Thank to the coach!

161609[/snapback]

Just got an update...Erickson has taken himself out of consideration for the Ole Miss post. But if he thinks he has a future with the Niners considering the sorry state of that team during his watch, well...

Rotten coach... all the way through.  Why did SF even think about giving him the coaching job.  Isn't this the same team that had Bill Walsh just 15 years back?  My how the mighty have fallen.  I never would have thought the 49ers as the worst team in football.  Thank to the coach!

161609[/snapback]

It really doesn't have anything to do with his coaching. They simply don't have an NFL caliber roster.

I don't know if Erickson can coach at this level or not, but I know there isn't ANYONE who's ever coached a down in the NFL who could win with that group. He inherited a mess that's been festering for a long time.